Transition from league 1 to the Championshi

ashurst

Reaction score
I will soon be promoted to the Championship and I was wondering whether a decent league 1 team would cut it the championship and how much of a difference there is in quality.

I've just completed my first two seasons in charge of southampton, absolutely dominated first season, only lost one game away to Charlton, Rickie Lambert top scorer. Got Promoted to championship, the board expected me to be challenging relegation zone, and they werent wrong. I decided not to spend until January, when i purchased a few young talents and finished 2 points outside the play-offs.

Not much change is needed, but look for free transfers and definately bolster up the first team squad.

well if you look at the championship today, norwich and leeds are both in the playoff's, and they were league one last season; and they've signed very few players.

as in league 1 itself, plymouth are relegation candidates and sheff wed aren't far off it. i think people regard the difference between league one and the championship as much larger than it actually is.

My advice is to make minimal signings and hold on to your key players.

Try and keep the bulk of your promotion winning squad together if you can. Your team will be on a high after getting promotion and bringing in lots of players can upset the balance and morale of the team.

I'm still playing Ismael Fofana after 5 seasons since signing him in the BSN. My view is as long as they're still playing well, keep them in!

Last edited: