"Translating" old CM databases to FM11

Marko187

Reaction score
Would it be possible to "translate" a database from, say Championship Manager 00/01 to FM11?
I suppose that editing players and teams would be a lot of work but doable(since the player ratings from those games are quite accurate and you could just copy them), but can you change/reset the calendar date?

Would it be possible to make certain players appear in a team's youth academy at a fixed date? Where else could there be problems? Can you simply delete unnecessary leagues and personnel? And how should one go about when trying to start this project? thanks in advance

also, what would be a lot of less work would be a kind of chamoions league-esque division comprised of the best squads of those time, it wouldnt be as interesting though

Last edited:
Would it be possible to "translate" a database from, say Championship Manager 00/01 to FM11?
I suppose that editing players and teams would be a lot of work but doable(since the player ratings from those games are quite accurate and you could just copy them), but can you change/reset the calendar date?

Would it be possible to make certain players appear in a team's youth academy at a fixed date? Where else could there be problems? Can you simply delete unnecessary leagues and personnel? And how should one go about when trying to start this project? thanks in advance

also, what would be a lot of less work would be a kind of chamoions league-esque division comprised of the best squads of those time, it wouldnt be as interesting though

I tried it mate, got bored of it you have to almost re built every league, swap every team around, most of the players need to be brought back

but it would be a nice changes and if you have the time and will power I say go for it :D

oh and you need to rebuilt the UEFA Champions League as it was back in 2000/01, UEFA Cup as it was in 2000/01 and bring back UEFA Intertoto cup

I've been working on a piece of software to convert the CM01/02 database to a FM11 format and vice versa, it's in beta stage however and I don't think I'll release it in public any time soon.

I tried it mate, got bored of it you have to almost re built every league, swap every team around, most of the players need to be brought back

but it would be a nice changes and if you have the time and will power I say go for it :D

oh and you need to rebuilt the UEFA Champions League as it was back in 2000/01, UEFA Cup as it was in 2000/01 and bring back UEFA Intertoto cup

so its possible to change the calendar date? yeah, i reckon it would be quite some work but it would be really awesome if finished. maybe SI should consider making a remake of CM3, loads of people would buy the **** out of it.

@Fossmeister: your approach does seem to be alot more professional than mine, good luck. there would probably be problems with features like natural fitness that didnt exist back then, oh well.

so its possible to change the calendar date? yeah, i reckon it would be quite some work but it would be really awesome if finished. maybe SI should consider making a remake of CM3, loads of people would buy the **** out of it.

not to my knowing mate sorry