Travelling The World In Football Manager

Season 8 - Down Under but Up the Double

Well, as you can see from the title, I kinda won the double in my debut season down under. Now unlike San Marino and Colombia, the championship tournament at the end of the season actually counts for a second title (in San Marino, only the winner of the cup won the league and in Colombia the results of the cup just went into the league, so the better you did in the cup at the end of each half, the more points you would finish with in the league).

Now, in Australia I managed to come 2nd in the league which was a great start but this was nothing compared to my cup success which saw me take home the trophy after a fairly tough run. As well as this, a famous 2-1 win against Perth Glory allowed me to win the Grand Final so I’m counting this as a double.
Now, I entered this job with the belief that Australian clubs were actually pretty good in comparison to the rest of Asian clubs, however this didn’t seem to be the case as all 3 or 4 (can’t remember and cba to check) Australian teams failed to escape their groups, which was disappointing.
Anyway, hopefully I can turn this fate around next season as I have decided to stay on for at least 1 more season down under.

Season 9 - Double Double (Toil and Trouble)

Yes, we did it again, and this time it was proper.

A stunning run of form at the start and middle of the season led us to 16 wins at which point we had already won the league so I let the kids play, who failed dramatically letting us go on a whopping 12 winless run. Unlike last season however, we managed to scrape through our AFC Champions League group which I was pleased with however this was pretty short notice as we were hammered (we were outclassed more than the score shows) by Ulsan. But, a double wouldn’t be a double without a cup win which was the easiest thing ever as the A-League is so weak, all the good teams get knocked out before the latter stages and thus I was left with amateur teams who practically gifted us our second FFA Cup in 2 years. Sadly we didn’t win the treble as we lost the Semi Final of the finals series but I think 4 trophies in 2 years down under is good enough.
Anyway, I am going to move on as I have won everything that Australia can offer and I don’t think I can win the AFC Champions League unless I stay for a while, which I don’t really want to do. I have interviews at Guangzhou Evergrande, Sivasspor and Toronto FC (my personal preference) so I’ll tell you what team I have moved to later.