Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register
Reaction score
How well does a lone striker work playing as a trequista do they still score a good amount of goals

Reaction score
How well does a lone striker work playing as a trequista do they still score a good amount of goals
This role is only designed really for players like Messi, Neymar, and Cristiano Ronaldo, on the default settings...

But if you play around with your tactic and player instructions, you can make it work well as a more attacking and creative alternative Complete Forward

I recommend to play AML and AMR as "Inside Forward" with "Attack" and "Cut Inside" and ST as Trequartista - set all players to have MAX Creative Freedom --- Use a Striker who is big and strong in the air (height, jumping, heading, finishing and strength) but has a half decent brain (creativity, decisions and composure) = odd combo but works well

PS. Set you Goalkeeper Distribution to Long Kick and Set it you go to your Striker.

Reaction score
That's a different take on trequista as I was planning on using jovetic as my trequista as he seems to play well there along side someone but not sure he can do alone

Reaction score
Well as a lone trequartista a regen striker i have scored 29 goals and got 14 or 11 assists in the Premier league in 36 matches, so it deffinately works, you just need the right striker type :)