Macgumerait

Reaction score
Whilst most people look forward to FM2012 coming out, Im still trying to get to grips with the game!

Now, Im bring in some players on trial basis. However, as soon as they join, they are marked as Ineligible for next match. I try to get them a squad number, but the screen isnt there.

Any advice?

Whilst most people look forward to FM2012 coming out, Im still trying to get to grips with the game!

Now, Im bring in some players on trial basis. However, as soon as they join, they are marked as Ineligible for next match. I try to get them a squad number, but the screen isnt there.

Any advice?

Trial players cannot play in proper league matches only friendlies.

Could someone tell me what are the benefits (in FM; not in real life) of bringing a player on trial?

The only thing it does, as far as I can see, is reveal any attribute numbers that weren't previously visible -- but of course you can already get those with a simple scouting report.

I mean, I guess there are the various coach reports you get on the trial player, but unless your coaches are better CA/PA assessors than your scouts, I'm not sure why that's of any notable benefit.

Am I missing something, as far as the reasons or incentives for bringing a player on trial?

Could someone tell me what are the benefits (in FM; not in real life) of bringing a player on trial?

The only thing it does, as far as I can see, is reveal any attribute numbers that weren't previously visible -- but of course you can already get those with a simple scouting report.

I mean, I guess there are the various coach reports you get on the trial player, but unless your coaches are better CA/PA assessors than your scouts, I'm not sure why that's of any notable benefit.

Am I missing something, as far as the reasons or incentives for bringing a player on trial?

I sign players on a 4 week trial and manage m reserves and play him consistently in the same position just to see what hes like, furtherly check his stats etc.

I see. Well, that could be smart. Do you learn stuff in those four weeks that wasn't apparent from the scout and coach reports?