Triangles Tactic (41221) for those who are struggling.

• Thread starter Thread starter FarazAli
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 16K

FarazAli

Reaction score
After getting my teams backside whooped by AI during testing I have managed to almost perfect this great tactic.

Its working out very well for me, not only scoring in every match but creating Clear cut chances too. Although possession depends on who I am playing but at home it is almost always over 50%. Away it never goes below 45%. I do concede goals every now and then but that's because I believe its a very attacking tactics.

I have managed to beat Tottenham, Man Utd and other big teams and my promoted Bolton team is currently sitting at no 2 in the table albeit 13 points behind City but I have played 2 matches less then them because of my involvement in Europa Cup.

Brilliant thing about this tactic is that I dont change anything whether I am playing at home or away. I am not saying its a perfect tactic for everyone but try it and if you manage to improve it then do let me know. Also what I love about this tactic is that its got variety of roles in it. CBs, FBs, Inside Forward, Box2Box MidFielder, Deep Lying Playmaker, Wide Midfielder, Trequartista and a Poacher

Only shout I use is "Play out of Defence"

Here are the screenshots of my recent results and the tactics itself

View attachment 282673View attachment 282674View attachment 282670

The tactics

View attachment 282678

Hope the tactics work the same way for you too.

FarazAli

Last edited:
looks good mate! i got wolves promoted with exactly the same formation, played some exceptional football! although it didnt continue on against stronger opposition in the top flight so i've been changing tactics and looking for balance and consistency ever since. failing miserably though! looking at this, maybe i should have simply tweaked my tactic to play in the PL, coz until now its the only tactic that ever really worked for me. never really thought of going back to it until now (feeling like a dumbass lol). i'll give this a shout when i get home from work and let u know how i do. but im very interested in seeing how this does and comparing it to my old tactic. if u have more recent results, i'd love to see them too! cheers

Trying this out right now. Will keep you posted with how it goes.

First few matches looking good though.

Trying this out right now. Will keep you posted with how it goes.

First few matches looking good though.

post some results as soon as you can! i'm stuck at work playing FM in my head and want to know if this tactic works :P

I'm playing as Everton in my second season at the moment.

Results BEFORE I started this tact:

0-0 Vs Tottenham
0-1 Vs Sunderland
0-1 Vs Fulham
0-0 Vs Elfsborg (EC)
0-1 Vs Wolves

Results AFTER this tact's implementation:

6-2 Vs Reading
3-1 Vs Partizan (EC)
3-2 Vs Leicester (LC)
1-0 Vs West Ham
1-2 Vs Partizan (EC)

Things I've noticed:

You need a good striker with this tactic, otherwise you will struggle to score. The OP is correct, you will definitely concede goals. Of the five games I've played so far I went behind in three of them so a team with high determination would be an advantage.

This tactic has got the best out of Ross Barkley though. I have him in the AMC role and he is absolutely dominating grabbing goals and assists at will which is brilliant as before he just wasn't performing well.

I'll keep trying this tactic and will update. I have the merseyside derby next. That'll be a good test.

EDIT: A good AMC/AMR will do as well if you don't have an outstanding striker but have great Attacking Mids.

Last edited:
just started using this after being on a big losing streak with southampton, so far im 2-1 with it will keep going for now

Played 18 matches now altogether:

12 Wins 3 Draws 3 Loses (1 on Penalties)

Wins include a victory over Chelsea. 2 of the draws were against Liverpool and Arsenal. The penalty loss was to Man City which ended 3-3 after I had been leading 3-1. My own fault. Went for more goals when I should have sat back.

All in all, it's looking good. It certainly saved my job. I've gone from 14th to 5th with a game in hand. Could go into 2nd. Happy with it so far. Worth a look if you are struggling.

I will try this with Cercle Brugge, a medium team in Belgium (prediction 11th)...
Will keep you updated!

Giving this a go after a poor start with Leeds, will keep you posted.

Lost 4-0 to Watford at home first game.

A few things about the tacts.

The tactics are still doing great for my Bolton team. Currently top of the league in Jan 2014 in my first top flight season with Bolton (Cant believe it myself) Also doing great in Europa League. I have had a loss and a draw at home in Europa League. Draw with Lech from Poland and Yeah I got dumped out of Carling cup Qr Finals by Utd.

For the tactics its very important to have quick defence. I got Guillermo Burdisso and Ashley Williams in Defence. They are both fast and great. Especially Burdisso. He has 20 Heading and 14 Acceleration 13 Pace and 15 Jumping. Managed to get him for over 6 mill when I was in Championship and he has been unbeatable in Defence. Cant remember a single bad game from him. His current market Value is 11 mil quid.

I have been trying to get the best out of my AMC/Trequartista because He should be performing better since he has no defensive responsibility but its just not working out too well for him. He has been average. I have used players like Sergio cannales, Celco Borges and Josip Illic there but I am experimenting with Trequartista and Advance play maker and Inside Forward etc for that poition. I will post an update once I have a better ratings from AMC position.

I'm playing as Everton in my second season at the moment.

Results BEFORE I started this tact:

0-0 Vs Tottenham
0-1 Vs Sunderland
0-1 Vs Fulham
0-0 Vs Elfsborg (EC)
0-1 Vs Wolves

Results AFTER this tact's implementation:

6-2 Vs Reading
3-1 Vs Partizan (EC)
3-2 Vs Leicester (LC)
1-0 Vs West Ham
1-2 Vs Partizan (EC)

Things I've noticed:

You need a good striker with this tactic, otherwise you will struggle to score. The OP is correct, you will definitely concede goals. Of the five games I've played so far I went behind in three of them so a team with high determination would be an advantage.

This tactic has got the best out of Ross Barkley though. I have him in the AMC role and he is absolutely dominating grabbing goals and assists at will which is brilliant as before he just wasn't performing well.

I'll keep trying this tactic and will update. I have the merseyside derby next. That'll be a good test.

EDIT: A good AMC/AMR will do as well if you don't have an outstanding striker but have great Attacking Mids.

I agree with you completely. My Strikers are not doing that great either. They miss 1 v 1 chances. especially Abel Hernandez, and he is the main striker in my team.

Good to know that you are getting the best out of AMC position which I am currently struggling with.

The tactics on this screenshot are different from the tactics I've downloaded...
Which tactic should I use?

Sorry that Screenshot was attached by mistake. thats an old screenshot from when my team was in championship. I will try to post some screenshots again in the original post.

Completed the rest of the season and started the next. Finished 5th overall after a woeful ending of the season, although that was no fault of the tactics. My squad was just too thin and long cup runs in Europa League and FA Cup meant my players got too tired.

Overall

Played: 55
Won: 31
Draw: 10
Lost: 14

Highlights included not losing a Merseyside derby match. (2-2 away 3-2 win at home) a 2-1 home win over Chelsea and a 2-1 home win over Man City.

Low points included failing to beat Huddersfield in a match that would have secured me a champions league place and losing out to Brighton in the FA Cup 0-1.

It looks to me as if sometimes you are going to struggle to score with this tactic. I went through a run of four or so games where I didn't even score a goal although it was when my players were tired and my star striker was injured so I'm hesitant to blame it on the tactics when there were other factors to be taken into account.

I'm going to use these tactics for another season now that I have a deeper squad and see if I can push into a Champions League spot.

Wellington Nem, Ademilison and Ross Barkley are all thriving with this tactic though getting at least 7s in most games.

Completed the rest of the season and started the next. Finished 5th overall after a woeful ending of the season, although that was no fault of the tactics. My squad was just too thin and long cup runs in Europa League and FA Cup meant my players got too tired.

Overall

Played: 55
Won: 31
Draw: 10
Lost: 14

Highlights included not losing a Merseyside derby match. (2-2 away 3-2 win at home) a 2-1 home win over Chelsea and a 2-1 home win over Man City.

Low points included failing to beat Huddersfield in a match that would have secured me a champions league place and losing out to Brighton in the FA Cup 0-1.

It looks to me as if sometimes you are going to struggle to score with this tactic. I went through a run of four or so games where I didn't even score a goal although it was when my players were tired and my star striker was injured so I'm hesitant to blame it on the tactics when there were other factors to be taken into account.

I'm going to use these tactics for another season now that I have a deeper squad and see if I can push into a Champions League spot.

Wellington Nem, Ademilison and Ross Barkley are all thriving with this tactic though getting at least 7s in most games.

I have Wellington Nem too and he is doing awesome as a left midfielder. Its not his natural position but doing great there. I will try to buy Ademilson for next season. his release clause is still set to over 5 mil.

It happens to me too sometimes. I will have more possession, more shots and more shots on target and even clear cut chances but still I lose once in while. I will try and get to the bottom of it and experiment a bit more upfront. maybe I can improve the scoring rate.

Back