Reaction score
Updated with version II.1 as of 30th April 2016
Added version III as of 08 May 2016- removed
Updated with version IV as of 13th May 2016
Updated with version V as of 03 July 2016
Added version VI as of 31 July 2016

PUSKÁS

i1302002350pusk.jpg

This thread is dedicated to Ferenc Puskás, the best hungarian football player of all time and I am sure he is amongst the best 3 in the world of all time. You may know his name with regards of the FIFA Puskás Award.

From Wikipedia: Ferenc Puskás (born Ferenc Purczeld; 1 April 1927 – 17 November 2006) was a Hungarian footballer and manager, widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time. He scored 84 goals in 85 international matches for Hungary, and 514 goals in 529 matches in the Hungarian and Spanish leagues. He became Olympic champion in 1952 and led his nation to the final of the 1954 World Cup where he was named the tournament's best player. He won three European Cups (1959, 1960, 1966), 10 national championships (5 Hungarian & 5 Spanish Primera División) and 8 top individual scoring honors.

Puskás started his career in Hungary playing for Kispest and Budapest Honvéd. He was top scorer in the Hungarian League on four occasions, and in 1948, he was the top goal scorer in Europe. During the 1950s, he was both a prominent member and captain of the Hungarian national team, known as the Mighty Magyars. In 1958, two years after the Hungarian Revolution, he emigrated to Spain where he played for Real Madrid.

While playing with Real Madrid, Puskás won four Pichichis and scored seven goals in two European Champions Cup finals. In 1995, he was recognized as the top scorer of the 20th century by the IFFHS.

The tactic is a standard, structured 4-2-3-1, which is played as a disciplined one, with fairly attacking roles/duties on the pitch.

Earlier versions under the spoiler.

PUSKAS II.1

2203599-20160422-gGFjiU.jpg

2203606-20160422-qXiuaW.jpg

2203607-20160422-539pOs.jpg

Most important player attributes

GK – Reflexes, One on Ones, Handling, Communication ,Command Of Area

CD – Positioning, Concentration, Jumping Reach, Tackling, Anticipation

WB – Acceleration, Teamwork, Work Rate, Crossing, Positioning

LCM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Positioning, Anticipation, Tackling, Strength -
more defensive CM

RCM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decisions -
more attacking CM

IF – Technique, Dribbling, First Touch, Agility, Acceleration, Flair, Finishing

AM – Passing, First Touch, Technique, Vision, Anticipation, Flair, Off The Ball

DLF – Finishing, Off The Ball, Composure, First Touch, Anticipation

Corners

Only the AMC should take the corners.

2210813-20160430-4KPC0I.png

Training

Put the tactic to all 3 slots at the start of pre season and set match tactics as match training. The general training should be fitness for 2-3 weeks and team cohesion until the start of the season. During the season for general training use Balanced and Def.Positioning as match training. The slider should be 2 ticks from the left.

At the start of pre season (first 3 weeks)
2188990-20160405-diMULn.jpg

Afterwards (until the tactic is fully fluid)
2188991-20160405-KaCP3P.jpg

During the season
2188992-20160405-OcwUvk.jpg

Team talks

I don't like to complicate things in this area, but I always do it by myself. Actually let the overall team talk done by your assistant, but after you do the positional team talk:

Before the match

- Home always assertively: I have faith...

- Away calmly or assertively: I have faith...

Half time

- If leading by 1 or 2 goals: assertivevely/calmly don't get complacent; if more than 2 you should praise them

- If it's a draw or losing: assertively/calmly show me something else

Full time

- If won than praise them
- If drew or lost then assertively chew them out

During the match

- If you do not have the lead after the 1st half, tell them assertively/calmly to demand more or push forward
- If you have the lead than for the last 20 minutes tell them to concentrate

Praising players

When your player have an average match rating above 7.60 for the last 5 games, you can interact with them and say they recent from is good. Only avoid to praise more then 4 players at the same time (obviously if you are on a winning streak and more then 4 players are red hot, then only praise the best 4) and do not praise the same player in the same month again. At least this is how I am doing things.

PUSKAS IV

2223543-20160513-cVHdfj.jpg

!! USE PUSKAS IV without OIs !!

Training is the same as in II.1

DLP -
Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decision, Composure

CM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decisions

IF – Technique, Dribbling, First Touch, Agility, Acceleration, Flair, Finishing -
best if they are opposite footed

Corners

Corner takers should be the AMR from left side and AML from right side, considering they are opposite footed. The important thing is to get it swerve away from the goal. 1 IF is the corner taker, the other should offer short option, this is really important.

2223549-20160513-1YYFVh.png

PUSKAS V

This is a mixture of II.1 and IV, with new OIs and new attacking corner routine. Enjoy!

2265416-20160703-dADany.jpg

2265417-20160703-zVhT1K.jpg

Corners

Corners to be taken by the AMC.

2265418-20160703-Y27Jhx.jpg

Training and important player attributes just as with II.1.

PUSKAS VI

We are using wingers again. The tactic broke the record in my test division and performed outstanding with St. Etienne. ENJOY!

2288653-20160731-xwOUoJ.jpg

2288654-20160731-C0N4Af.jpg

!!! NO OIs !!!

Corners are taken by the AMC.

CM - Work Rate, Teamwork, Passing, Technique, First Touch, Vision, Decisions

W – Technique, Dribbling, First Touch, Pace, Acceleration, Crossing - Should be same footed or at least have fairly strong rating on the same foot

Training

Put the tactic to all 3 slots at the start of pre season and set match tactics as match training. The general training should be fitness for 2-3 weeks and team cohesion until the start of the season. During the season for general training use Balanced and Def.Positioning as match training. The slider should be 2 ticks from the left.

At the start of pre season (first 3 weeks)
2188990-20160405-diMULn.jpg

Afterwards (until the tactic is fully fluid)
2188991-20160405-KaCP3P.jpg

During the season
2188992-20160405-OcwUvk.jpg

Test Results

Test Division

St. Etienne

Last edited:
Possibly a very fluid/attacking formation with roles/duties of CDd – CDd – HBd – RGs/DLPs – RGs/DLPs – Wa – Wa – SSa – CFs – CFs, sitting deep. Sounds absolutely complicated :)

Possibly a very fluid/attacking formation with roles/duties of CDd – CDd – HBd – RGs/DLPs – RGs/DLPs – Wa – Wa – SSa – CFs – CFs, sitting deep. Sounds absolutely complicated :)
here is a better image of WM formation
Football_Formation_-_WM.png

here is a better image of WM formation
Football_Formation_-_WM.png

Actually Gusztáv Sebes, the manager changed the WM formation. Regarding to the article you linked:

"... he was responsible for the tactical concept of a deep-lying centre forward. At the time, the majority of footballing sides adopted the WM formation, where the centre forward spearheaded an attack line of 3 forwards and 2 wingers. Sebes's tactic was to withdraw the centre forward back to the midfield, as well as dropping the wingers back to the midfield when necessary. This effectively created an extremely flexible 2–3–3–2 formation, allowing the team to quickly switch between attack and defense. The tactic also drew defenders out of position, as centre halves used to man-marking a centre forward would follow the deep-lying centre forward back to the midfield.

Thirdly, Sebes encouraged his players to be versatile – the ideal would be for any of his players to be able to play in any position. This was a revolutionary idea – most players were used to playing in one specific position. This was an early form of Total Football. Ferenc Puskas commented, "When we attacked, everyone attacked, and in defence it was the same. We were the prototype for Total Football."

Actually Gusztáv Sebes, the manager changed the WM formation. Regarding to the article you linked:

"... he was responsible for the tactical concept of a deep-lying centre forward. At the time, the majority of footballing sides adopted the WM formation, where the centre forward spearheaded an attack line of 3 forwards and 2 wingers. Sebes's tactic was to withdraw the centre forward back to the midfield, as well as dropping the wingers back to the midfield when necessary. This effectively created an extremely flexible 2–3–3–2 formation, allowing the team to quickly switch between attack and defense. The tactic also drew defenders out of position, as centre halves used to man-marking a centre forward would follow the deep-lying centre forward back to the midfield.

Thirdly, Sebes encouraged his players to be versatile – the ideal would be for any of his players to be able to play in any position. This was a revolutionary idea – most players were used to playing in one specific position. This was an early form of Total Football. Ferenc Puskas commented, "When we attacked, everyone attacked, and in defence it was the same. We were the prototype for Total Football."
sounds more like an MW formation then.

Very good tactic so far!!! Plays good attacking football and is sound defensively. Only had one loss in about 18 games so far and that was away to Barca in CL group stage opener, drew 2 and won the rest. And playing as Utd but are using a lot of youth players fairly regular. Good work !!! Will hope to post some screenies soon, easily one of the best and most consistent tactics I've used this year.

Very good tactic so far!!! Plays good attacking football and is sound defensively. Only had one loss in about 18 games so far and that was away to Barca in CL group stage opener, drew 2 and won the rest. And playing as Utd but are using a lot of youth players fairly regular. Good work !!! Will hope to post some screenies soon, easily one of the best and most consistent tactics I've used this year.

I am glad mate! I also feel it is really good, and actualy the 117 pts in my testing league is an absolute record for me. Waiting for the screens!

Amazing tactic! 14 games 11 wins 2 draws and 1 loss (against Huddersfield, playing with 10 since the min. 6). The only less good thing it's the amount of yellows that my players in defense get.
Tomorrow i will upload some screens :D

Amazing tactic! 14 games 11 wins 2 draws and 1 loss (against Huddersfield, playing with 10 since the min. 6). The only less good thing it's the amount of yellows that my players in defense get.
Tomorrow i will upload some screens :D

Keep it going mate! Try to remove hard tackling after the first yellow. This is an issue for most of the tactics btw.

Great tactic as always zyndar I'm a huge fan of your tactic's. Keep up the good work

Great tactic as always zyndar I'm a huge fan of your tactic's. Keep up the good work

Thanks mate! Would you mind to share some screens? This is the type of feedback I like the most ;)

Hi zyndar I threw this in an old save and liked what I saw with it so I'm starting a new save with this tactic in mind so will post some screens when I've gotten into it