Triv

Toffeepops are incredible
Reaction score
Triv's Culmination 'til you score tactic discussion thread.

View attachment 288909

Download Link

Hello, to most of you i wont be known for my tactics and i'm certainly no tactical genius - this is not a tactic that will win you every game that you could label 'the best ever'. What it is is a tactic that has worked well for me and i would like to share with you all. I have only tested it with Man United so ii have no idea how it works elsewhere.

The results for me have been good and, more importantly, consistent. Plug and play home and away.

It has a block of four attack minded players, a block of four defensive minded players and the full backs will attack and defend whenever needed, providing the width in your attacks.

Against many teams the defence keeps the opposition shots to around 5 or less, many of the shots coming from long range and unthreatening. When going forward the fullbacks cross for the four attacking players waiting in the middle or the three creative players behind the striker will rip through the centre on the defence, its a nice mix which keeps the opposition guessing and usually yields CCCs.

Apologies for the name of the tactic, its a reference to American Pie.

Please discuss...

Last edited:
Interesting tactic. Do you have the inside forwards moving into channels or pulling out wide at all? Do you think this could be a goodcounter attacking tactic if used at lower calibre clubs?

Interesting tactic. Do you have the inside forwards moving into channels or pulling out wide at all? Do you think this could be a goodcounter attacking tactic if used at lower calibre clubs?
It could work as a good counter attack at a lower if set style to to balanced/rigid and change the strategy to suit.
I have the Inside forwards to cut inside as the full backs provide the width and regardless the inside forwards drop out wide fairly often anyway but having them moving into channels could be more productive.

I like the look of this tactic. What's your view on changing the full backs to wing backs and having one of the DM's (like Carrick) to a DPL? Would that work?

Also, does it effect the way the team plays if the IF's ran into the channels rather than cut inside?