Trollball manager, What the heck?

• Thread starter Thread starter iban3z
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 4K
My best advice would be to be realistic about your players skills. You play a High pressing game and when some players stops acting in the best interest Of the team and stops closing down ( due to average stats in determination, work rate, being complacent, being tired, being unmotivated etc), you Will loose your shape, especially since 2 Of your players already have no defensive duties at all. Why not use the analyzing tool and look at where you go wrong. In those matches you dominate, are you also dominating tackles ?

In those cases where some players stops to close down, its better to let the rest Of the team stand off à bit more so you keep your defensive shape. Try it and then look at the flow Of the game Of those minutes and see if you can spot à difference.

As for defensive or cautious tactics not working, I disagree. I mainly play with an average mentality Of Defend/Counter or between 2-6 notches if you like, and I constantly overperform heavily and all My saves.

Last edited:
Counter-attacking football doesn't work?

Brb, going to go and delete my Palace save where I'm four seasons in and challenging for the top six despite spending under 500k each season and have just got 7 1-0 wins on the trot.

Well you are immediately wrong on all counts, as you can be extremely effective from a defensive/counter mentality. Ask Godcubed, he does it all the time, and he isnt the only one.

Not only that, the match engine is already being overhauled.

Since you arent looking for help, will request this thread closed.

Don't forget Raikan. His possession tactics have done more for my teams than any of the engine exploits and balls to the wall attacking tactics.

your team talk + tactic + management determines how good you are,and imo you're struggling in these 3 basic attributes..
you said you've got the better team than any other team in league 2 and yet still struggling to win + the players played badly?does it ever occur in your mind that you probably played them too much?rotating the players are important mate as well as adjusting your strategies based on your opponents tactic..team talk can make the different,you probably wanna google it for some tips in terms of team talk ;)

I've found that when I'm angry at the game, I play it poorly. I yell at my players too much, I make rash decisions, and I don't pay enough attention to detail.

If I stop playing for a couple days and then come back with a clear head, I almost always get better results.

Back