View attachment 262693View attachment 262692

here is my tactic that i prefer to use, i have Callejon, cavani, damiao, Sahin, Granero as backup for the midfield/attacker position. The problem i have i lack of fluidness in attack!! They just look clueless! Ronaldo has a average rating on 7.63, 21 goals in 40 games, 9 assists, not himself at all! He finishes from weird angles every time, from the 5 yars line, he cuts in and shoots eather waay over the goal or straight onto their Gk. He seems unable to place shots in the corners, he blasts the shots over, he very rarely crosses, but when he does it normally ends with a goal! And for some reason his morale is still pretty good! weird!

Also, with benzema im trying a few things, both as Deeplaying striker, both on support and attack but he has little to work with! He started of amazing but is now almost useless! He doesent play the magic passes through to the wingers as i expected he would, he runs way to much from deep and has rubbish finishes! I brought in Cavani to fix this but he is even worse, but i suspect that they look bad because they DONT get the right passes to work with!

Wich brings me to another problem, as you see, i play a winger on attack on the right side. I play Di Maria, wich is a left footed winger, and on the right side i guess thats no good ( even though i played winger myself, on left side beeing right footed with great succses! ) , because he NEVER crosses into the box!!! ( even if i use get ball into box shout ) Should i replace him with a right footed winger?

The position i am very happy with, that i have been struggling abit with in the past, is Øtzl as a Ap ( attack ) from the center! He is great!! Scores goals, gets a few assists, quite happy with him. Alonso as a Dlp ( support ) is very poor but i can live with that baring in mind what yuo said about assists not comming from him..I just feel clueless with this game man, i feel ready to quit it once and for all! I just cant get the hang of things! I think its getting too advanced for me. Ive been playing it for so long i guess im too used to plug and play. Thanks again mate..

PS: i might be abit dramatic here, i actually havent lost a single game so far this season : ) but the fact is, ive been lucky! very lucky! im not able to dominate games at all, nothing like madrid does in real life! and the play is just not fluid at all, i score on their defence mistakes and counters. i know for sure this wont work well in the 2nd season, wich allways is much harder! Any tips on how to set up the 2 tactics mate, are welcomed! ( you have so awesome so far, helping me so much ) Where are you from btw?

Last edited:
Relax...your results are excellent. What level of experience did you give yourself as a manager when you started? A lot of your perceived struggles could be related to having to build up a reputation so your players listen to you. The match engine is generally pretty good at replicating instructions, but it can't do it exactly. Benz might be better as a deep-lying striker because he has the strength to hold up the ball (none of my strikers do) and having less creative freedom would ensure that he generally stays in position to be a goal-scoring threat while also dragging defenders out of position. Ronaldo's results are very good and it is difficult to get him to score 50 goals without using match-engine exploits unless you design your team completely around him. You could try increasing his mentality as that would result in him staying higher up the pitch, but not contributing as much to the build-up play (which might be a good thing considering his propensity for long-range shots).

Di Maria is more of a struggle. You might want to design his position from scratch or look into bringing in someone like Muniain to replace him. If he's playing on the right he would obviously play best cutting inside, but then he would be running into Ozil and quite frankly, Ozil is a much more important than Di Maria. Or, you could switch your cms (play Ozil on the left and Alonso on the right) and play Ronaldo as an IF-A, but instruct him to move into channels and increase his mentality. Then, you could play Di Maria as an AP-A or IF-S on the right (if IF-S increase his crosses to sometimes) and let him cut inside to cause havoc. He is a much better team player than Ronaldo (surprisingly...I thought his teamwork would be much lower) and he would be much more likely to setup his teammates. He could also be a great treq striker if you retrain him and train him to drop deep to get the ball.

To get Benz more involved you might want to slow the tempo down a little, but even if your players aren't playing to their individual potential, they are contributing to the success as a unit. However, if you want a more fluid attack, consider slowing the tempo down a bit by using retain possession shout and/or work the ball into the box. You could also decrease your wingers runs from deep (at least Di Maria) as these changes would give you more time to build-up possession and let your players naturally overlap. Also, no matter who you are you are going to have some close/lucky victories. Madrid-and Barca-usually win comfortably in real life, but Madrid had a lot of 1-0 victories against inferior teams as well (and being assisted by very fortunate referee decisions/penalties). Your lack of dominating games-if you are referring to possession-could be related to your wingers running from deep so often and Ozil being given an attack duty (he probably plays better as an AP-A, but he is going to be more ambitious and thus will lose possesion more often). There is often a balance that you have to strike with possession vs clear cut chances.

With Alonso, is he playing with mixed passes (I mean is he instructed to make long, short or mixed passes)? That could help, but again his job is to cycle possession and to always provide an outlet in attack. The game doesn't usually give high ratings to that role, but it is essential. I think your results are likely to improve next season as your reputation increases and your new signings become better adjusted. As for me, I'm from the US and I currently live in Texas, but I've moved around a lot.