Truro FC Challenge - Its gonnna be nails!

lowman_mrl

Reaction score
I started a very hard lower league challenge by adding Truro city into the conference south, replacing the lowest ranked team.

My aim is to obviously take them as high as possible through the leagues but when Truro only have a reputation of 500 (thats half of the team they replaced) i feel it'll be ****.

If anyone has any tips on players to buy, staff to employ, tatics etc all will be much appreciated, i want to rise through the divisions but also improve the club finacially and their facilitys!!

Truro are in a half decent position finacially though as they have given me 10k in transfer money and i am already below my wage budget!

Cheers people!

For money, try and organize as many friendlies for you reserves with reserve teams of some European teams - this will make you some good cash, if you can find one that'll accept. When you do find one, just milk the cash cow as they say.

For players, you'll need good centre backs, centre forwards and good central midfielders. You can find all of these without using a penny of your transfer funds.

ill tell u what mate im goin to give that a go with my local non leaguers swindon supermarine. Sounds like a good challenge and ill keeep u posted about my progress!?

i would do as advised with reserve friendlies, but that wont help you until at least jan transfer window.

scour the free agents, use the attribute filter and you can usually find some good finds.

also, fitness coaches are a must in my opinion. a good one will take you far

ill tell u what mate im goin to give that a go with my local non leaguers swindon supermarine. Sounds like a good challenge and ill keeep u posted about my progress!?

Great idea buddy, i will expect player tips etc especially if your doing better than me though lol!!

At the minute im trawling through all the nations in europe for frees, and also looked at the players released by their clubs.............frustrating though as they all arent interested..............does offering them a trial help to persuade them??

Also at the minute started arranging both reserve and under 18 friendlys, only teams that are accepting are ones which give me a profit of 1k............but every little helps

Im glad to see someone has took up this challenge. truro is my local team so i had to post :D

Think i might have a go at this one sounds like a good long lasting game!!

Majet Murat
If you've loaded slovenian players he'll be fantastic for you and can be picked up for free.

Unfortunately i didnt load any additional players from other nations, wish i did though as started off with all of 10 players interested in coming anywhere near my club, and obviously they were rubbish!!
Thanks for the player tip though all advice is appreciated!!!

Regards putting your team in the blue south, go to the fm09 editer, search and load up the blue south league and there should be an option to swap teams, its either in the main blue south options, or you might have to click on the team you wanna replace and find it on their screen.............sorry if it sounds abit vague but hope that helps!!!

So far im just into november and currently sitting pretty in 5th, got the parent team of plymouth and loaned a few players to help namely 2 wingers and a striker, unfortunately they've now returned after only short loan deals, so back to hunting for me.

I decided the aim for this season is to stay in the division and improve my reputation, im guessing your rep only goes up when preforming well in competitions??? If anyone can clarify that, would be awesome!!!

*UPDATE FOR ANYONE WHO IS INTERESTED*

1st Season Final position = 3rd (Losing 3-2 on aggregate to Newport in Semifinal Of Playoffs!

Long hard season but considering i only wanted to stay in the division and increase the clubs rep, it was a huge success ammassing 75 points!!!
Cup competitions disnt go to plan and always got drawn against Blue Square Premier Sides and then staring at defeat.
Unfortunately as i only wanted survival and didnt expect playoffs, my short term loan signings had returned to their clubs by the time the buisness end of the season came around and we faded away in the playoffs.
Not to feel down though my aim and clubs aim of fighting bravely against relegation had well and truely been met and my aim of increasing the clubs rep aswell.

SEASON 09/10 SO FAR................

First things first i signed Ashley Barnes (STK) and Yala Bolasie (RM) in on long term loans from Plymouth. Both players are of league 1 standard, and ripping up the turf in this league. Barnes with fin 13, off ball 12 and pace 14, in particular with an average of a goal a game going into Feb.

I trawled the transfer menu from previous months bringing in 2 good CB on frees who made my starting 11 all season, and my GK Rice from the previous season who was superb on loan at the bargain of a free. Also promoted a regen LB from the under 18s who had impressed the previous season in the under 18s.

Rest of the team i kept the same not to upset the harmony in the squad, I have now just started feb in this season and am sitting pretty at the top of the table 5 points ahead of second spot. I am now bringing in short term loans to bolster the squad for the final run in, fingers crossed!!!!

I am doing the same but with Christchurch! They are in the wessex league with a reputation of 100 :| should be tough

I lived in Truro for 11 years so seeing someone take up the challenge with them is nice :) i organised a friendly with them in my Braintree save :) i salute you for really going down to the amateur level to work up good luck and i hope you win promotion this season :)

Haha well done so far! I'm from Newquay so may bring in Newquay AFC, dont think Jollys South West League is in the game though ;-)

I started a very hard lower league challenge by adding Truro city into the conference south, replacing the lowest ranked team.

My aim is to obviously take them as high as possible through the leagues but when Truro only have a reputation of 500 (thats half of the team they replaced) i feel it'll be ****.

If anyone has any tips on players to buy, staff to employ, tatics etc all will be much appreciated, i want to rise through the divisions but also improve the club finacially and their facilitys!!

Truro are in a half decent position finacially though as they have given me 10k in transfer money and i am already below my wage budget!

Cheers people!

Good luck mate, you have inspired me to do the same with my local team Maidstone United. Keep at it, even if it takes 15-20 years to get anywhere!8-|8-|

The Met Police are in the game, Nequay probably are. I am actually very tempted at some point to do a MET police game, just because the MET police being in the premier would be the greatest thing ever.