Trust Me fellow struggle'rs of FM...

Raavan

Reaction score
The ME is not broken or wrong...
After playing over 700 hours of FM14 without ever passing beyond the NOV/Dec of the first season till now...
and getting frustrated and more...
and reading guides and forums et al.

I've realised two things are Important (admittedly I realized this in FM 13 also after struggling):-

1. Keep Morale of players high.

2. Keep things simple and minimal while making a tactic. Rather than over-complicating with 10-12 TI's and then not knowing which one is causing problems, its better to have a formation with 2-3 TI's depending on how you want to play. Then keep adding subtracting and eventually you will have a working tac by end of oct.

I started with simple 4231 with only 3 TI's and only one PI each to My ST and AMC (both 'roam from position). And now I have 3 variations of 4231 with same PI's to ST n AMC and only 5-7 Team Instructions. And they work like a charm.

Hope I helped...

Cheers

I have just come on here to try and find a solution to my losing streak. Thank you. Will let you know how it goes

For 4 2(CM's)-3(AML,AMC,AMR)-1 and 4-1(DM)-4(ML,CM,CM,MR)-1 it is Attacking and Very fluid.
TI's for both were Hassle, Tight mark, roam, short passing, play out of def and play through middle(do not worry they use the flanks plenty of time despite having this shout).

.................Gk.....................

FB(s)... CD(d).... CD(d).... WB(a)

.................DM(d).................

W(a)...CM(a)....CM(s)....WM(s)

................DLF(S)..............

other one

....................gk....................

FB(s)... CD(d)......CD(d).....WB(a)

...........CM(s).....CM(d)..............

W(a)...........SS(a)...........IF(s)

.................DLF(s)...............

only PI's that I follow are...(kindly refer to the color coding above)

DLF(s) and DLF(s) : shoot less and Roam from position

SS(a) and CM(a) : roam from position

IF(s) and WM(s) : stay narrower

Rest every one is untouched. Of course The GK is Sweeper Keeper with distribute to defenders and pass shorter.

I don't wanna sound preachy but you gotta look at your team before applying all these. I am using Southampton with only addition being Ashley Williams(I needed a pacy defender) and I. Khune.

Cheers

Last edited:
I do add Lower tempo and Drop deeper while playing the match but only against top teams away(Where I use the 4-1-4-1 formation).
Whilst I concede possession but at least I get a draw or a win out of those team( By using them this season I've won against chelsea and MCity home and away and drawn home and away to assnal, Mutd.)