Tryin to get from Rangers to a Top Euro Team

Reaction score
Todays turn of events began with the reignation of Walter Smith who admitted he was simply too old for the job. The club looked to turn things around with a new fresh dynamic look in former Teddy bear Giovanni van Bronckhorst, fresh from captaining Holland in the World Cup.
Pundits alike stated the obvious affection for the former Gers player had with his team but we all know the truth in real life football dont we?! Managers never stay..... In fact, once more money or more prestige comes in with an offer, more than likely they are off.
OB-IO973_0522mo_E_20100522183201.jpg

Realistically, who is going to stay at Port Vale, Brentford or West Ham all their life when Man U, Liverpool or AC Milan come knocking on the door....
This will be the REAL tale of how a manager uses a club to gain personal high's only to leave them high and dry for a bigger challenge....
The aim isnt to make Rangers the best team ever - more so to be the most decorated manager of all time... Im gonna do a Mourinho - maybe a lil Tiger Woods on the side :D

The season started with no departures... We all know how depleated Rangers are and their cash flow problems... No chance was anyone leaving.
Its all about the Bosmans and us bluenoses know it....

Transfers In:

Sylvian Wiltod (Free)
I couldnt pass up the former French international on a free.... Ratings were still high, just lacked that stamina punch but overall, he looked better than Kenny Miller
sylvain-wiltord-20070607-266609.jpg

Edgar David (Free)
As i said - gotta be cheap, bringing in Davids as a backup for those domestic cup games would bring experience and passing ability to a Gers side with not too much to offer compared to Celtics riches.
2d7c37r.jpg

Strategy
The aim this year would be to put my all into the League, participate in the champions league and domestic with a depleated squad, hence leaving players fresh for league duties. Genious, or so i think....

Pre-season started terrible.... 3 losses, 2 wins, (screens to come)

Player Evaluation
Lee Mcculloch looked like a good utility man, playing in midfield or centre half
Danny Wilson is definately good enough to start and will be a top player

We have gems in Steven Davis, Kevin Thompson and McGregor as well as a solid backup in Alexander - Liverpool even bid half a million for him... no chance.
David Weir is solid in the air, pace 3 though?!?!? WHAT!! Definately his last season
Kenny Miller couldnt finish his dinner in this game, although his speed will be an asset.

In the long run... Davis, Steven Smith, Wilson, Whittaker and Fleck will be the only ones staying. Ill clear the squad next season - bring in new people and when my chance comes ill be off leaving them high and dry.....

Meanwhile, Manchester United have signed Sergio Aguerio and Inter Milan are linked with Frank Ribery... ooooh how i cant wait to be in their positions of bidding for players over the 20 million mark.... cant do that in Scotland can we? The most i can buy right now is a Greggs and a Sun newspaper.... Time to start the legacy - ruthlessness

Last edited:
I would follow but don't like your title Rangers are a major club but good luck anyway

Yeah your right mate, cheers.... But its all for a laugh... .Tryin to get to Man U, Real, Inter, thats a class above

There is no class above Rangers mate stick at with Rangers you can build them into the best team in the world my mate won the champions league in 5 years with Rangers!!!!!

haha you are right in a way.... might bring back the old boys, Bazza and Hutton - make it a wee bit interestin for the time being... See how it goes :)

Another Rangers lol, this 'FM Stories' will be full of them.

Last edited: