StephenMUFC

Reaction score
Holland announced as New Manager of Limerick

Limerick_FC_logo.png

Limerick FC has announced the signing of Stephen Holland as the new Manager and Head Coach.
Stephen Holland has fantastic credentials and has been a most successful player throughout his career so far. An accomplished central defender during his playing days, Scully started his career in England – playing with Preston, Northampton, Southend and Huddersfield – gaining one international cap, two B caps, one U23 cap and nine U21 caps for the Republic of Ireland before returning to Ireland in 1996.

He joined Pike Rovers on his return to Ireland and under his captaincy the club became the dominant force in Irish football. As well as his defensive abilities, Scully was a constant threat from set pieces and would often score crucial goals for Shelbourne. He was the Limerick Player of the Year in 1997/98 and he scored 11 league goals that season.
Pat signed for Limerick FC in 2001. After 2 goals in 55 total appearances for the side. Scully moved to Dundalk. He made his debut for Dundalk against Bray on the 11th of April 2003, playing for one season before retiring.

Pat Scully's first taste of management was with Castleview, where he quickly established the club in the Munster first division – barely missing out on promotion. He then moved to Youghal Utd in 2006 as manager and led them to the First Division and on to finish 6thin the first division of Munster the following season before departing last October.
Jack McCarthy III, Limerick FC Chairman said: "We are fortunate to bring on board a manager with Stephen Holland expertise and experience. We are really looking forward to working with him and to him working with our young squad."
Holland said: "Having met the board, I was very impressed with their plans for the future of Limerick FC and I look forward to playing my part as manager in the future success of the club."
Andrew Mawhinney, Limerick FC CEO said: "We are delighted to have signed someone of Stephen Holland's calibre and ambition."