Status
Not open for further replies.

ccd20

Reaction score
Hi Everyone.

I'm at the end of my second season (the 2011/12 season) with Arsenal, currently the Euro2012 is going on, and I scouted Messi out of boredom and my scout said he was available for around 50m pounds - to my great surprise. So at the risk of this changing, I slapped in a bid of 55m over 48 months and it was accepted right away. My major problem is his wages. His initial demands are 275k per week - which I'm happy to pay but my board maximum currently is 230k per week and he wont accept that.

My question to everyone is this: If i wait until my new budget is given to me at the start of my third season, keeping in mind I just won the Premier League, Champions League and Carling cup treble last season, is it possible I may be able to afford his wages by then? I'm desperate to sign the lad, have never played with him and see this is as an opportunity I don't wanna let slip by me.

Any quick replies would be hugely appreciated! Cheers!

Give him large signing on fee ? Bigger bonus' ?

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2...e-signed-messi-football-manager-2011-how.html

Please search next time, this thread discusses the difficulties in signing Messi, but while I'm here:

Usually player squad statuses are re-evaluated on budget day, so he may still be transfer listed, he might have signed a deal, or he might even be available cheaper. It's possible that you would be able to afford his wages but there is no way to tell 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.