flexkavana

Reaction score
I have started as a team in tier 11, Wythenshawe Amateurs. I have a jpg copy of their badge but I do not know how to turn it into an ingame badge - can somebody help/do this for me?

Thanks

First off you need to convert or save the .jpg file as a .png file. You can do this in programs like Photoshop (can download a free trial version to use), http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ (free to download) or http://www.pixlr.com/editor/ (free to use as well).

Once you have done that you save the file (and the config file to go with it of course) in the relevant folder i.e C:/Documents and Settings/(username)/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/logos (I have all my English logosgrouped together for simplicity in C:/Documents and Settings/(username)/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/graphics/logos/England).

Hope this helps :D

pixillion image converter

My PS wont save PNG so I save it as JPEG and convert it to PNG using that :D

Ok, thanks guys. There is another issue (I think) - My .jpg file is the club badge on a white, square background. Am I right in thinking that this will appear in game as a white square, with the club badge on it? If so, how do I prevent this? I mean for example if the badge was meant to appear on a blue background ingame, would there be a badge, on the white square, on the blue background?

PM me the logos you need doing and I'll do them for you

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

I think this is the correct logo:

2v334fs.png
20r8ks7.png
28vzp6w.png

Large, normal and icon.

Yes that's it, brilliant thank you - how do I put it into the game?

Yes that's it, brilliant thank you - how do I put it into the game?

You have to have a config file in the same location as each of the logos eg /graphics/logos/england/wythenshawe/ which contains the following -

<record>
<!-- resource manager options -->

<!-- dont preload anything in this folder -->
<boolean id="preload" value="false"/>

<!-- turn off auto mapping -->
<boolean id="amap" value="false"/>

<!-- logo mappings -->
<!-- the following XML maps pictures inside this folder into other positions
in the resource system, which allows this folder to be dropped into any
place in the graphics folder and still have the game pick up the graphics
files from the correct places
-->

<list id="maps">
<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/club/club unique ID/logo"/> ::::this is for the normal sized logo::::
<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/club/club unique ID/logo/huge"/>::::this is for the large sized logo::::
<record from="file_name" to="graphics/pictures/club/club unique ID/icon"/>::::this is for the small icon::::

</list>
</record>

For the normal sized logo, put the logo and config file in /graphics/logos/england/wythenshawe/normal/ and for the small logo and config file in /graphics/logos/england/wythenshawe/small/

I haven't got any logos that are huge - all mine are the normal sized and small sized and still work perfectly.

Hope this helps :D