Turning Bhoys into Men - A Celtic Team Guide.

celt

Reaction score
Stole the layout from Raikan007 because it's my first guide, enjoy!

celt's Celtic Guide Fm13:

View attachment 301264

Club Name:
Glasgow Celtic Football Club
Known world-wide as 'The Bhoys'

League:
The Scottish Premier League

Last years League position:

Winners

Founded in:

Rivalries
:
Rangers and Hearts.

Stadium Name:
Celtic Park
Known to fans as 'Parkhead'

Start of season expectations:
When starting with Celtic, you aren't give any room to change anything about the Season Expectations as you are expected to win the SPL, which in truth is fairly easy. You could win it playing a backup team all season. You get given a weak £2 million to start and £20,000 wage available but after you sell a few unneeded players you should get a bit more money to play about with.

One of the objectives from the board for the season is "Play Attacking Football" which is fairly easy to complete as you are by far the strongest team in the league and can attack home and away against any team. You would only change away from attacking tactics in the Champion's League Group Stages (if you make it that far!).

Club facilities and overview:

View attachment 301273View attachment 301274View attachment 301275

Celtic Park is one of the biggest and best stadiums in Britain. Celtic also possess a very successful Youth system although you could ask the Board to upgrade the Youth training facilities. They also own new top level Training Facilities.

Celtic's biggest achievement is winning the European Cup in 1967, the infamous Lisbon Lions beating Inter 2-1 in Lisbon. They also hold the record for the most Scottish Cups and now the record for most League Titles, after Ranger's went into liquidation and lost their record. The aim of your save should be to gain more success in Europe as the league is easily won.

Celtic squad and tactics:

View attachment 301283View attachment 301284

Celtic possess a young squad that is more than capable of winning the League and with the right tactics, competing in Europe. The only weaknesses are the lack of cover at both fullback positions, although Lustig and Mulgrew can cover at both sides. (Mulgrew is better used as First Choice CB). Celtic are notorious for having strength and depth in midfield with club legends such as Paul Lambert, Stiliyan Petrov, Lubomir Moravcik and Neil Lennon being part of the one team. The midfield now includes highly rated youngsters such as Victor Wanyama, Beram Kayal, Dylan McGeouch, and James Forrest. As well as more experienced players such as Joe Ledley, Kris Commons, Georgios Samaras and Club Captain Scott Brown, with Charlie Mulgrew also able to play CM.

The tactic I feel I have had much success with over my time playing with Celtic is Raikan007's Might and Magic and/or my own tactic a variant of the 4-2-3-1. Although I'm still testing my own tactic so I haven't uploaded it. The use of these tactics helped me win the League by February and get to the Semi Finals of the Champion's League in the first season.

Here is a link to Raikan's M&M Tactic.

™ Fm13 Raikan007

Suggested transfers:

Although the team is very strong, I thoroughly recommend signing Kieran Trippier from Burnley for RB. He destroys the SPL with his ability going forward and can do a shift defensively as well as being a solid defender for the Champion's League. Another player I was keen to sign was Johnny Russell from Dundee United. I decided to buy him as cover for Gary Hooper and for the AML position and due to the fact he really should sign for Celtic in real life. Jan Chramosta is a must-buy if you are going to play the M&M tactic(Bear in mind you need the Czech Leagues loaded for him). Ben Marshall from Leicester is a quality buy after a season or two.

Try to hold onto Victor Wanyama! He is probably the best player at the club and has potential to become even better. Personally, I terminated Miku's loan from Getafe and sold Anthony Stokes as they are pretty useless, as well as Lassad, he can be good cover for AMC, but he's not really needed.

In the way of Staff, I didn't make any drastic changes, I gave Peter Lawwell the responsibility of getting staff.

First season objectives:

Win the Scottish Cup & League

Win the league easily and play youth players in the Scottish cup and League cup and try to win them, they aren't really important. The main thing is that you put up a fight in Europe and at least reach the Group Stages, it isn't particularly hard but getting to the Last 16 and beyond is the real challenge!

This was my first Team Guide so don't be too harsh with your judgements and good luck if you choose to do a Celtic save!

Last edited:
Season objective to win the Scottish Cup and League... Should be a given to win treble, and make your main aim Quater finals of Champions League mate. I did a Celtic story and my aim was to win Champions League in 5 seasons. Unfortunetly, i got caught in the SPL boredom after 3 seasons!