Starsky8

Reaction score
Im sorry if this has been posted already, ive looked and cant find anything regarding it, im a little stuck on turning players into coaches, im in a game and im at manchester united, im a bit **** and believe that giggs and scholes are united through and through and should stay at the club till they decide to leave, basically i had private chats with them recommended they should be coaches they accept, say they can start straight away, great, try to sign them up to a coach contract and they turn it down?? the best i have managed is to get them to both sign player/coach deals and half there wages for a year, yet they are still on over 25k each just to be coaches basically, (im all about playing young players and developing)
Basically how do you go about changing a player into a coach? and get them on respectable coachs wages, eg under 10k?

you should have them as player/coach for a year and then they might be ready to go full time into coaching

That is the same problem that I have had. I have done the same as you and turned them into player/coaches. Will try to sign them as full-time coaches next season, hopefully they will accept.

At the end of the season they should develop the coaching side of their stats, wait till they retire before offering them a coaching contract

Yep, what everyone else has said above, give them a contract. Player/(Youth) Coach/Physio/Scout and after a year or so they'll want to retire and become a (Youth) Coach/Physio/Scout. That's how I'm getting my staff now.

1. Sign them as Player/Coach
2. Stop playing them altogether and move them to your reserves.
3. If one of them is the team captain or vice-captain, remove him. He'll be upset, but have a chat and explain that you admired him as captain, but it's time for new blood to lead.

A month or so later he'll announce retiring at the end of the season.

4. Sign a coach contract with him.

i cant sign ex players as staff when they just retire as they all want 80/90k a week wages that i cant give them, but wait a few weeks and then they go down to normal staff wages, its odd