Turning The World Upside Down, One Country At A Time

Davestan94

Reaction score
The Background

So I begin my first football manager story and while i feel this is an over ambitious challenge, We just have see how its goes. I have been a long time admirer of Football Manager Stories but never actually contributed any of my own.

The Challenge

The Two types of challenge that I enjoy the most are the Hexagon Challenges and the ones where small team took to the highest league. This lead to me think up my own challenge where i combine these two elements and take one team from each country from its lowest league to the highest.

Last edited:

Season 1

I start my Journey in the bonny land of Scotland. The Manager of my choice Gordon McClure a young manager from one Falkirk's Sunday League. Although he lacks experience and Knowledge I think he could go far. The question is though where would rest our hat in Scotland.

View attachment 219896

The City and Team

The small town of Annan in south Scotland is where we begin.​

View attachment 219894View attachment 219892

View attachment 219880

Annan Athletic Football Club is a Scottish association football club based in the town of Annan, Dumfries and Galloway. The club was founded in 1942 and competes in the Scottish League Two as a member of the Scottish Professional Football League.

Annan's Track Record

East of Scotland Premier League: Winners (4): 1989–90, 1999–2000, 2000–01, 2006–07
Runners up (3): 1992–93, 2002–03, 2004–05

East of Scotland First Division: Winners: 1987–88

East of Scotland League Cup: Winners: 1999–2000
Runners up: 2006–07

South of Scotland League: Winners (2): 1983–84, 1986–87
Runners up (2): 1982–83, 1984–85

South of Scotland League Cup: Winners (4): 1984–85, 1992–93, 2004–05, 2007–08

Scottish Challenge Cup South: Winners: 2007–08

Scottish Qualifying Cup South: Winners: 2006–07

Facilities

Our Stadium
View attachment 213922

Galabank is a football stadium in the town of Annan, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland with capacity of 2,504(500 seated). It is the home ground of Scottish Professional Football League club Annan Athletic, who have played there since 1953. From 2015 onwards, it is also being shared by Edusport Academy of the South of Scotland League. Another South League team, Mid-Annandale, shared Galabank between 2012 and 2014.

Training, Youth and Corporate

The Galabank also doubles up as our training pitch and clubhouse and is regarded as average. Our development and recruitment are also regarded as average.

Time to take them to the top.....

Last edited:
Pre-Season Build Up

Unfortunately I forgot to take a screenshot of the starting squad but as you can see below this was the team at my disposal.

GK: Pierre Antonie Martini, Alex Mitchell
RB: Josh Horne, Steven Black, Iain Chisolm
LB: Peter Bradley
CB: Peter Watson, Martin McNiff, Peter Weatherson (Also Coach), Steven Swinglehurst
CM: Ryan McStay, Josh Todd, Steven Logan, Steven Sloan, Matt Flynn
RM: Derek Carcary
LM: Stuart McColm
ST: David Hopkirk, Kenny Mackay, Scott Davidson, Kieran Brannan, Rabin Omar

I did make two additions to the squad before the pre-season which i have highlighted in bold. The first addition to the squad was 26 year old French Keeper Pierre Antonie Martini. I picked him on a Free Transfer feeling that he has experience from playing in Scottish Championship with Livingston. He also had experience from Nice going through there youth System.
View attachment 219832

The second addition was 22 year old Josh Horne who also had experience in Scottish Championship with Dumbarton. I Intended to sort him in at the right back position.
View attachment 219831

Going into the Pre-Season I felt i had a fairly decent side capable of Promotion. After my transfer dealing i feel this would be my strongest side

(4-2-2-2) with a AMR/L : Martini: Horne, Swinglehurst, McNiff, Bradley: Logan, Todd: Carcary, McColm: Hopkirk, Mackay

View attachment 213861

then using Black, Watson, McStay, Sloan and Davidson and as Rotational player and Chisolm, Weatherson, Flynn, Brannan and Omar as back-ups

Pre-Season

View attachment 219830View attachment 219829

The Pre-Season showed great promise i was allow to try out a number of tactics and shapes. It showed that the Attacker was doing the job with both Midfielders and Strikers pitching in. The player i was most impressed by Scott Davidson who i classed as 3rd Choice Striker was able make name for himself. I was a little disappointed by the Dunfermline but 2-0 lost to a team a league above isn't bad and we did win the other 4 games.

Up next the real graft...

Last edited:

First Half of Season Review

This is the review of the first half of the season from

View attachment 219824View attachment 219823

Scottish League 2

View attachment 213866

This is probably the competition was faired the best scoring plenty of goals and getting wins. we did however drop a few points to the bigger rivalries in the league Arbroath, East Fife and Berwick. David Hopkirk and Kenny Mackay were proving to be decent pair sharing the goals between them with Stuart McColm pulling the strings. Rabin Omar was also trying to make his claim in striking pecking order by grabbing a few late goals as a Sub.

Challenge Cup(Petrofac Training Cup)

View attachment 213865

This wasn't to be our year in the challenge cup being handed a very tough draw of Rangers who at no surprise turned us over 2-0. This lead to a disappoint elimination in the First Round.

View attachment 219821

Scottish League Cup

View attachment 213864

We faired slightly better in the Scottish league Cup sneaking past Alloa in the First Round with 1-0 win courtesy of late Steven Swinglehurst goal. The Second Round we were elimination by a hugely stronger Ross County at a score of 3-0 yet another cup elimination.

View attachment 219820View attachment 219819

Scottish Cup

View attachment 213863

Finally the Scottish Cup, We entered in 2nd Round of the cup drawing our Division Rivals Berwick who are main challenges for title. We cruised past them to 2-0 with CM combination of Josh Todd and Steven Logan doing the good and sending team to the next round. Unfortunately Round 3 would not fair so well we take a early lead against a high division team Livingston and control the game up until the 82 Min where they brought back to 1-1 then if that wasn't bad enough we then had a late own goal by Peter Bradley which would spell an end of all our cup competitions for this season.

View attachment 219818View attachment 219817

The Title fight is On......

Last edited:
Ambitious project - if you're lucky, maybe you'll finish by the time FM17 comes out. :p

Good luck!

Ambitious project - if you're lucky, maybe you'll finish by the time FM17 comes out. :p

Good luck!

I do have a lot of this ready to post, its just posting it all together with screenshot that. funnily enough I wasn't actually planning on buying FM16 I tend to only buy them every other year get more use from them haha.

Sorry about the delay in posting have had internet problems which unable me to post but have played on

Second Half of Season Review

View attachment 218741View attachment 218740

Scottish League 2

As you can see we had an absolute blinder of a second half of season only losing one match to our competitive rivals Berwick Rangers. David Hopkirk and Kenny Mackay were becoming quite a force up front and fans were obvious loving it, neither of players broke into the Top 5 league scorers but their goals were plentlyful. Another Notable mention for Stuart McColm pulling the strings on left wing and picking a lot of assists. The standout player for this half of season had to Ryan McStay breaking into the first team set up and staying there for remainder of season and contributing a lot of goals. Where does that leave us those.......

View attachment 218737View attachment 218736

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!! - It took until the last day of season but a solid win and a slip draw from Berwick Rangers made sure we would playing in League 1 next season.

View attachment 213731

Awards

Player of The Season

I was unable to get screenshots for these but the player of the season was Kenny Mackay
. He just pipped David Hopkirk and Steven Swinglehurst for the award by notching 19 goals in 32 games in all competitions.

Team of The Season

The Team was as follows

Starting 11: Martini; Horne, Swinglehurst, McNiff, Bradley; Carcary, McStay, Todd, McColm; Mackay, Hopkirk
Subs; Mitchell, Watson, Logan, Sloan, Brannan, Chisolm and Davidson

View attachment 213858

On to the next season and get some transfers in to sort that leaky defense....

Last edited:

The Pre-Season Build Up

Transfer Out

Shortly after the end of the first season we said goodbye too two of our players who both decided not to renew their contract. The first was 30 year old Scottish CM Steven Sloan who I considered as a rotation but wanted more first team football so was release after contract finished. The Second Player was our about 5/6th place ST Iain Chisolm who did fail to make during last season and joined Fraserburgh on a Free.
There was a 3rd Departure but it wasn't a long one which was Peter Weatherson who hung up his boots and became one of Annan's full time coaches

Transfer In

When said I was going to bring players I meant it. During the summer break and run up to season start i managed to bring 7 players (5 permanent and 2 Loans). I should mention this season we managed to set up a link with Premiership side Dundee United.

The First signing was 29 year old Scottish Right Winger Bobby Linn on 5.75K deal from Arbroath. He would sort right into the first team

View attachment 218167

The Second signing was 26 year old Scottish Left Back James Creaney who I picked up on Free Transfer from Stirling. He would sort right in the first team role.

View attachment 218166

The Third signing was 23 year old Scottish Left Winger Alan Cook joining from East Fife on a 11K deal breaking the clubs transfer record. Hopeful Alan Cook could take over the Left Winger and Bobby Linn would take Right giving us some experience from League 1

View attachment 218165

The Fourth arrival of the day was 28 year old Scottish Centre Back Stephen Tulloch on a 6.5K from my rivals Berwick Rangers. He should help out with that leaky defence.

View attachment 218164

After Having Players arrive on the same day (Linn, Creaney, Cook and Tulloch). A few weeks went by and decided i should make use of the link we have Dundee United. I went through list of player Dundee United and decided these two would bring the most to the table: (We Also had a link created with Carlisle United but none of the players were any good haha)

The First Loanee was 19 year old Striker Matty Smith. Matty joins a list of a lot of Striker but i think we can breakthrough.

View attachment 218170

The Second Loanee was 18 year Centre Back Micheal Kelly who hope will form a combination was Stephen Tulloch.

View attachment 218169

The Final Signing came just before the start of the season which Grant Gallagher arriving from Stranraer on Free Transfer. Able to player in a number position will be a useful player.

View attachment 218168

The Team

After all of the in and out the final team looked like this

GK: Pierre Antonie Martini, Alex Mitchell
RB: Josh Horne, Steven Black,
LB: Peter Bradley, James Creaney
CB: Peter Watson, Martin McNiff, Steven Swinglehurst, Stephen Tulloch, Micheal Kelly
CM: Ryan McStay, Josh Todd, Grant Gallagher, Steven Logan, Matt Flynn
RM: Derek Carcary, Bobby Linn
LM: Stuart McColm, Alan Cook
ST: David Hopkirk, Kenny Mackay, Matty Smith, Scott Davidson, Kieran Brannan, Rabin Omar

The Strongest Line-Up in my opinion

4-2-2-2) with a AMR/L : Martini: Horne, Kelly, Tulloch, Creaney: Gallagher, Todd: Linn, McColm: Hopkirk, Mackay
Subs : Mitchell, McNiff, Swinglehurst, McStay, Carcary, Cook and Smith

View attachment 213776

Pre-Season

Probably the shortest pre-season ever but we played only one Pre-Season game due to clashes with Cup Fixtures and Transfer Tie ups. That one game was against Port Vale of Sky Bet League 1 which ended in a 2-2 draw with new boy Matty Smith and veteran Steven Logan getting on score sheet.

View attachment 218163

Back into that grind.....

Last edited:
You should sign Annan for Annan

Annan Season 2 First Half Season

View attachment 217608View attachment 217606

The Scottish Challenge Cup

View attachment 213774

Our first competition of the year was a Challenge Cup fixture against Queens Park which we were very lucky to take due a late extra time goal by Josh Todd. Josh Todd also got the opener for us and new signing Bobby Linn pitched with the 2nd goal. Although the next round is where it would end for us with the team being at the wrong end of 3-1 loss to Gordon McClure's Local Team Falkirk.

14/15 Season : First Round
15/16 Season : Second Round

View attachment 217602View attachment 217601

Scottish League Cup

View attachment 213773

The Scottish League Cup was a disaster for us this year after being drawn against Alloa Athletic again but this Alloa would get there revenge and eliminate us 2-0.

14/15 Season : Second Round
15/16 Season : First Round

View attachment 217590

Scottish Cup

View attachment 213772

The Scottish Cup is where we probably faired the best this season in the cup challenges. We entered in the 3rd Round drawn against Forfar who on paper should beat us due them being in higher division that was not the case. In the early it looked like Forfar game with them being 2-0 up after just 26 minutes. The hair dryer treatment at half time certainly did the job as Steven Swinglehurst grabbed us a header to bring back to 2-1. Forfar could of easily finished us off when they handed a penalty but it was fired wide. it looked bleak as it rolled into the 80ths minute then 87th minute came you couldn't write this our sub Derek Carcary produces a fine long range shot to find the top corner surely that would see in extra time 2-2. No that wasn't it we wanted the win and this it was the other wing Stuart McColm solo effort in 89 min gives us win and a giant killer elimination. It just not our luck in draws round 4 sees us pinned against Rangers who give us a harsh reality check beating us 2-0 very early in the game. Gutting...

14/15 Round 3
15/16 Round 4

View attachment 217580View attachment 217579

Scottish League 1

View attachment 213768

With all the eliminations we could considerate on the League competition which we were performing well with only two loss to Alloa and Dunfermline. We were putting some big wins on the board like 5-1 wins against Cowdenbeath and Airdrie. There wasn't really any huge stand out players yet with goals coming right across the team. If i pick one it would be between either Stuart McColm and Bobby Linn.

A Sad Farewell

Just before the new year an offer was submit for my 2nd GK Alex Mitchell and became very interested. With the arrival of Martini, Mitchell had been demoted to bench after period in the 1st team for Annan. I felt with him being a very young keeper he still time to grow and he wasn't breaking into first team so I accepted the offer. He would join Hereford Fc in January on 1K deal

Last edited:
Annan Season 2 Second Half Season

January Transfers

Out

As I previous said the only transfer was 2nd GK Alex Mitchell leaving to Hereford for 1.1K which means i need a replacement.

In

This transfer window would see me bring in 3 players (1 Ft 2 Cover) to strength the team in order to gain promotion. The First signing was 25 year old Scottish Winger/CM Phil Johnston on 6.25K from Stirling. My intention was use Phil Johnston as a cover for Bobby Linn.

View attachment 217422

The Second signing of the window was 25 year old Scottish GK Craig McDowall on 1K deal from Alloa. When I looked into the market i was looking for a 2nd Keeper when this deal was put the table it had to be done. This now means I now have 2 GKs fighting for the number 1 spot. Martini or McDowall?

View attachment 217420

The Final Signing was Jamie Bain a 24 year old Scottish Right Back who signed from Queens Park on a Free. Jamie had a clause in his contract which meant he couldn't leave to the end of the season which i didn't want because i just wanted him on a season deal. Will this come back to haunt me?

View attachment 217419

GK: Pierre Antonie Martini, Craig McDowall
RB: Josh Horne, Steven Black,
LB: Peter Bradley, James Creaney
CB: Peter Watson, Martin McNiff, Steven Swinglehurst, Stephen Tulloch, Micheal Kelly
CM: Ryan McStay, Josh Todd, Grant Gallagher, Steven Logan, Matt Flynn
RM: Derek Carcary, Bobby Linn, Phil Johnston
ST: David Hopkirk, Kenny Mackay, Matty Smith, Scott Davidson, Kieran Brannan, Rabin Omar

*Jamie Bain not included as he is with Queens Park for rest of season

Second Half of Season

View attachment 217386View attachment 217385

Scottish League 1

View attachment 213760

After the turn of new year my team out the gates absolutely flying undefeated in 9 games with Matty Smith leading the show producing plenty of goals. Stuart McColm and New boy Phil Johnston also contributed well with the assists and goals. We actually putting quite a few clean sheets on line aswell due the combination of Swinglehurst and Kelly. however the back end of season we had a few humps which could hurt our title chances. So where that leave us.....

View attachment 217381

CHAMPIONNNNNNSS ... BACK TO BACK PROMOTION........ We defined all odds despite the bookmakers putting us at 500/1 and like to relegated we will be playing in Second Tier next year HAHA

View attachment 213732

Awards

Player of The Season

After Kenny Mackay won the award last season there was a variety of different candidates that could of took the award. This year it had been more a team effort rather than a an individual but then the list award went to Stuart McColm just beating Matty Smith and Bobby Linn. His huge amount of appearances and assists were probably the contributor.

14/15 - Kenny Mackay
15/16- Stuart McColm

Team of Season

The Team was as follows

Starting 11: Martini, Gallagher, Kelly, Swinglehurst, Creaney, Todd, Cook, Linn, McColm, Smith, Hopkirk
Subs; McDowall, McNiff, Logan, Carcary, Mackay, Tulloch and Davidson

View attachment 213759

All Time: Martini, Gallagher, Swinglehurst, Kelly, Creaney, Todd, Cook, Linn, McColm, Hopkirk, Mackay
Subs: McDowall, Horne, McNiff, Smith, Carcary, Logan and Tulloch

View attachment 213757

On To The Next Season,.....

Last edited:

Annan Season 3 Pre-Season

Transfers

Out

This summer probably had the most activity of all the season will play constant going in and out the door. Straight off the bat 4 of my players contract ran that did not decide to renew Peter Watson, Steven Black, Peter Bradley and Matt Flynn. Watson has only made 1 start the whole last season so did feel it was worth taking him up a league. Black made only 3 starts all cup games and showed little chance breaking with the likes Horne and Gallagher in the squad. Bradley was rather phased out the team with the arrival of Creaney, My once first time left back was also dealt a hard blown when the Kelly and Swinglehurst could also double as left backs. Finally Matt Flynn was rather a ghost of the club there since the begin even failed to breakthrough.

An 1K offer for James Creaney from Cowdenbreath then popped which i feel was reasonable considering i got him on a free so accepted. Next I emptied out some the youth that i didn't need Greg Anderson and Danny Graham (not the premier league one) were given leave. A third youth player did leave the club Steven Currie (Not of the NBA) left on a free to Dalbeattie Star.

Finally I though mention this now rather in the next post I also decided to release a further 6 players from a few games into start of the season Rabin Omar, Derek Carcary, Kenny Mackay, Scott Davidson, Ryan McStay and Kieran Brannan were all released. I released all these for different reasons Omar, Davidson and Brannan were no where near Championship standard so it pointless keeping them on payroll. Carcary just wasn't making it into the team and was unable to get past the likes of Linn and Johnston. Kenny Mackay and Ryan McStay I did want to keep them in squad as back-up but they didn't want asked to leave. I would of liked to of sold them but nobody would buy them which hurt as they these i felt help birth this new Annan.

In

With all these departures from my club there was some serious gaps to fill so lets see who i signed. I first signing was a loan deal which was 18 year old Scottish Striker Scott Wright from Celtic. Hopeful he could be as good as Matty Smith last year

View attachment 217012

The Second deal was also a loan deal but this one was with Dundee United to be reloan 19 year old Scottish centre back Michael Kelly who one of our stand out players last year

View attachment 217011

Our first full transfer was for 25 year old English Left back Aswad Thomas, who signed on a free deal from League 2 side Luton. I felt he would be a good replacement for James Creaney have had League experience with Charlton, Accrington, Braintree and Grimsby. (All managed to fight there way into League 2)

View attachment 217010

He was shortly followed by 22 year old English Right Back/Right Winger David Symington from Conference side Dagenham and Redbridge. I had previous tried to Loan this player from Carlisle United through our transfers and when I seen he was a on a free i snapped him up

View attachment 217009

I was allowed to loan a second player from Dundee United and first option was Matty Smith from the previous season however he was accepted to go another team in England. So I decided to loan 18 year old Scottish Centre Midfielder Scott Allardice as he was the most reasonable fit to the team

View attachment 216999

I picked up Cameron Park from the Scottish Trialist day on free transfer. The 23 year old Scottish Left wing had experience in the league with Livingston

View attachment 216992

I wanted depth in my team this season so I put a third loan player offer in for Carlisle United's 20 year old English Striker Kyle Dempsey as I thought he would provide goals

View attachment 216996

More players continued to walk through the door as I tied up another player from Luton on a free transfer. 24 year old English Andy Parry was next to join the ranks giving more depth at the back.

View attachment 216995

Next I signed 16 year old young prospect Jamie Bowman from Nuneaton on free deal. I seen him a promising player an immediately had go straight back out the door on loan to Chorley to gain experience

View attachment 216994

The Final transfer i made was 26 year old Italian Striker Emmanuele Bardelloni on free transfer from Real Vicenza. I wasn't going to make this signing but my scouts highly recommend him.

View attachment 216993

The Team

GK: Pierre Antonie Martini, Craig McDowall
RB: Josh Horne, Jamie Bain, David Symington
LB: Aswad Thomas
CB: Martin McNiff, Steven Swinglehurst, Stephen Tulloch, Micheal Kelly, Andy Parry
CM: Josh Todd, Grant Gallagher, Steven Logan, Scott Allardice
RM: Bobby Linn, Phil Johnston
ST: David Hopkirk, Scott Wright, Kyle Dempsey, Emanuele Bardelloni

*Jamie Bowman on loan

Squad Numbers

New this season our first year of Squad numbers they were as follows;

1. Craig McDowall
2. Jamie Bain
3. Aswad Thomas
4. Josh Todd
5. Steven Swinglehurst
6. Andy Parry
7. David Symington
8. Scott Allardice
9. David Hopkirk
10. Scott Wright
11. Stuart McColm
12. Josh Horne
13. Pierre Antonie Martini
14. Stephen Tulloch
15. Michael Kelly
16. Steven Logan
17. Emmanele Bardelloni
18. Bobby Linn
19. Cameron Park
20. Alan Cook
22. Kyle Dempsey
23. Grant Gallagher
24. Martin McNiff
25. Scott Davidson
27. Phil Johnston
29. Kieran Brannan
33. Kenny Mackay
40. Scott Wallace

*Numbers as of the start of season

4-2-2-2) with a AMR/L : McDowalli: Bain, Kelly, Parry , Thomas: Gallagher, Allardice: Linn, Park: Wright, Bardelloni
Subs : Martini, Swinglehurst, Symington, McColm, Todd and Dempsey

View attachment 213746

Have open this year could alter a lot with great competition in certain positions

Pre-Season

We did have a bigger Pre-Season this time it lasted 3 games. We were up against Dundee United, Workington Town and Chorley FC

View attachment 216988View attachment 216987

We won 2 out the 3 games losing to Dundee United which was understandable. The stand out man of the Pre-Season was Stuart McColm scoring for fun. I did have concerns over Jamie Bain who didn't look up stand and didn't help himself by getting injured in first game against Dundee United. At the minute Symington was looking a better option at the back. I also had slight concern that my striker weren't firing.

Last edited:

Annan Season 3 First Half Season

View attachment 216462View attachment 216461

Scottish Challenge Cup

View attachment 213742

The First Round saw us take a tough fixture in the draw against division rivals Queen of The South. The game turn out to be uneventful with it ending 0-0 after 120 minutes meaning a penalty shootout was on the cards in the first round. We sneaked through 4-3 on penalties with 10 penalties McColm, Johnston, Logan and Thomas would all score and Scott Allardice missing.

View attachment 216460

Again we were unlucky in draw again being pitted against a division rival this time Livingston. This game differed to the first game firstly after only 26 minutes David Symington was send off for bad tackle despite this we took control early on with goals from Dempsey and Wright. Now down to ten men and 2-0 up we had sit back defend which did to us conceding a minute later but after we defend well to the end. This was even with having second player Aswad Thomas send off 20 minutes from the end.

View attachment 216459

Would you believe we were drawn against a third championship team in third round this time Motherwell. Again this game was like 1st was very uneventful for the first hour until Anthony Stokes up Motherwell ahead. The end looked near with 90 minute pasting it looked like we were out until one effort arise David Hopkirk breaks free from the halfway line takes it all the way to keeper, takes it round him and shots in a superb equaliser. We may aswell have not even played extra time as nothing happened. A second penalty shootout occurs and we absolute smash it 5-3 we win with Dempsey, Linn, Johnston, Thomas and Swinglehurst all converting. WERE IN THE SEMIIISSS!!!

View attachment 216458

Our Semi Final was actually a kind we were drew against League 1 side Elgin City so we felt confident. Elgin City gave a scare early on giving themselves an early 1-0 lead. We quickly countered back when were given a penalty right before the break which Phil Johnston took well 1-1. Elgin City did manage to hold us til the 89 minute where squared ball across the box was tapped in Kyle Dempsey to rocket through to our First cup final.

View attachment 216457

So it would be would Annan vs Dumbarton at Fir Park in Motherwell on Breezy 3pm kick off Yellow v White, Championship v League. My Team Sheet
(4-2-2-2)
Starting 11
13 Pierre Antonie Martini
7 David Symington
6 Andy Parry
15 Michael Kelly
3 Aswad Thomas
23 Grant Gallagher
22 Kyle Dempsey
19 Cameron Park
17 Emanuelle Bardelloni
10 Scott Wright
9 David Hopkirk
Subs
1 Craig McDowall
5 Steven Swinglehurst
27 Phil Johnston
18 Bobby Linn
24 Martin McNiff
16 Steven Logan
20 Alan Cook

The Game started very calm no team wanting to make a mistake because a mistake could be costly today. This remained for the whole first half nobody wanting to draw blood. At Half time I was into make a change with David Hopkirk being injured I brought on Winger Alan Cook and which roles slightly so Cook would play on the right and Park on the left also moving Bardelloni up front with Wright. This seemed to confuse Dumbarton as we hit the back of net just 9 minutes away break through Scott Wright. Dumbarton never came into game and show desperation which to two penalties in 7 mins which saw sub Alan Cook convert both. We ended up crushing Dumbarton 3-0 and you know what that means CHAMPIONNNNNNNNSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We lifted our first cup with myself in charge.

View attachment 216456View attachment 213739

14/15- First Round
15/16- Second Round
16/17- Winner Yeah Boi!!! haha

Scottish League Cup

View attachment 213737

Our First Round draw would see us face an old friend Alloa Athletic ....again, to be fair it was actually a decent match we took the lead early through Cameron Park and sustained that lead to second half. The second half was where Alloa actually turned up and turned game around bagging 2 goals. Going into the last few minute of the game we trailed 2-1 and our luck turned up once again in the form of David Hopkirk 2-2. This meant that extra time was on the cards and to be fair we stormed we were demanding kept possession and got shots off. Eventually we hit the back of the net with an absolute rocket from Stuart McColm giving us a 3-2 to win.

View attachment 216455

The Second Round game saw us pitted against Dundee and to be honest probably the worst I've seen from my team. We were absolutely battered 6-1 Steven Swinglehurst scoring the only. Like Jose Mourinho I 'refuse to talk about this game we move on'.

View attachment 216454

14/15 - Second Round
15/16 - First Round
16/17 - Second Round

Scottish Cup

View attachment 213735

The embrassment carried on into the cup game where we pitted against League 2 Albion Rovers easy right? Nope we took an early lead through Kyle Dempsey only for them to equaliser and take us to a replay jeezzeee. We did however get the job done in the replay smashing them 3-0 in front of out home fans Dempsey, Swinglehurst and Wright with the goals.

View attachment 216453View attachment 216452

The Fourth round saw us face East Stirlingshire which turned out to be the game of competition with us winner a massive 6-4. We were never really at risk of losing as we put up a bigger goal margin early. The goal were scored by David Symington (2), Scott Wright, Cameron Park, Andy Parry and Bobby Linn.

View attachment 216451

Continued in Second Half of Season

Scottish Championship

View attachment 213734

We didn't look like we doing anything major the league this year we were getting the results we need but the bigger boys of the league were bullying us. We were floating around the playoff area constant moving up and down between 3rd and 6th. Teams like Rangers, Ross County, Dundee and Hibernian just seem to have more strength and depth in there squad.

Loans

In the run to the New Year I organised some Loans deal going both ways In and Out. The player that I decided to let leave the club on loan was Jamie Bain. The relationship between Me and Jamie Bain had turned sour, we was injured early in the season which meant that David Symington had play right back and Frankly he was better in the position. Upon Jamie return he was demoted to backup right back which didn't like so I sent him Berwick Rangers for the rest of the season Don't mess with me haha. The Second was incoming deal decided to strength my midfield by bring Leicester City's English Winger Jack Barmby. He was handed was the No 21 one shirt which actually matched his age.

View attachment 216450

Last edited:
Second Half of Season Review

Transfers

In

I made two signing in the January transfer first of which was 21 year old Irish Midfield Mark Timlin. This was basically the as Jamie Bowman deal in summer I saw potential but he not quite ready. he arrives on a free from Derry City.

View attachment 216056

The Second deal was for 27 year old Congolese Midfielder Yohan M'Vila we arrives on free transfer from Belgian side Eupen. Experience midfielder played in the French league and be the squad more depth.

View attachment 216055

Out

I did send as many players out as i did in first which was Mark Timlin. I know we only just arrived but there isn't first team place for him yet and he need experience he was in out the door in 6 days haha. The second loan deal was Steven Logan he leaves for Hemel Hempstead. He just need more playing time simple

Season

View attachment 216062View attachment 216060

Scottish Cup

View attachment 213552

Cup draws aren't our thing as we drew Inverness CT in the Fifth Round. Not really a lot can see about this game we sat with 11 men behind the ball for 90% of game and in the last few seconds of game Scott Allardice nicked us a winner.

View attachment 216053

The business end of tournament the quarter finals say us drawn again Celtic and despite taking an early lead through David Hopkirk. They put us right back in our place as they netted 3 goals to give a final score of 3-1

View attachment 216051

14/15 Round 3
15/16 Round 4
16/17 Quarter Final

Scottish Championship

View attachment 213551

It wasn't to be this year as we finished a reasonable 5th place in league just above mid table. I felt being a new team the teams we faced in first season in championship were a little too strong. We learned that it would be Patrick thistle and Falkirk joining next season so if we got some decent signing in i think we stand a chance.

View attachment 216050

Awards

Player of Season

I knew before it was even announced who would get the award this season. He was like a one-man team for most of the season banging in goals up front. The Award went to Emmanuele Bardelloni.

14/15 Kenny Mackay
15/16 Stuart McColm
16/17 Emmanuele Bardelloni

Team of Season

The Team was as follows

Starting 11: McDowall, Symington, Kelly, Parry, Thomas, Gallagher, Dempsey, Park, Bardelloni, Wright, Hopkirk
Subs; Martini, Swinglehurst, Allardice, Todd, Linn, Bain and Mackay

View attachment 213553

Must state was shocked to see Jamie Bain on list considering he start only 16 games most cup games and Kenny Mackay was surprise to be included.

How did in change the all time best line up well Symington and Thomas were two new addtions to starting line up replacing Creaney and Cook because Gallagher moving into CM. The player that loss there places form squad were Alan Cook, Steven Logan, James Creaney and Stephen Tulloch as Dempsey and Bardelloni joined Symington and Thomas as newcomers

All Time: Martini, Symington , Swinglehurst, Kelly, Thomas, Todd, Gallagher, Linn, McColm, Hopkirk, Mackay
Subs: McDowall, McNiff, Dempsey, Carcary, Smith, Horne and Bardelloni.

View attachment 213550

Last edited:

Annan Season 4 Pre-Season

Transfers

It was evident that I need to improve the squad even further if we were make premier league so another season of player in out the door was in order

Out

The start of transfer period seen me release 5 players Stephen Tulloch, Martin McNiff, Steven Logan, Josh Horne and Alan Cook. With new transfers coming and repeating dropping down the pecking order they had go. I was Sorry to see Steven Logan and Josh Horne like last season when I let Mackay and McStay i felt that these guys were part of the history of club. McNiff and Cook i considered players that were there as back-up and with team progressing there demand was less but wished them best. Tulloch was player i was happy to see go he began as decent but through the see he wanted more and more which he was just not good enough.

My hardest transfer so far was letting the our legendary goalkeeper Pierre Antoine Martini leave. He had became such a hit with the fans and this decision had with a lot backlash from fan. At first i did not want him to leave but the offer came from Dundee which was quite surprising they were a league above and Martini was not that standard. Once the offer came of 6.5K he was going and nobody would change that and didn't want keep unhappy players. Jamie Bain would be the next player to leave club going on 1K deak to Brechin another story completely the same as Stephen Tulloch bye haha. Jamie Bowman would never start his second year on loan going out to Hayes and Yeading this time.

I decided to free up a few more spaces to enable more bigger players to come and plus the squad was getting a lot bigger. The first to leave was Phil Johnston who with current and new arrival had found himself very far down the pecking order he joined Alloa. Josh Todd was another player I have had seen the start didn't really want to see him go but he wasn't going to get some game time as last season, he left on free to join Forfar. Again the same case here two players because of new better arrival had to leave Yohan M'Vila and Grant Gallagher both left and double deal to Arbroath.

In

First transfer I got done was I renewed the loan deal of Jack Barmby, he would join my squad for another year. Micheal Kelly also renew his loan. Good luck always comes in threes as Kyle Dempsey announced he would stay.

View attachment 214990View attachment 214989View attachment 214988

I did sign a player on free before transfer period began I signed The Gambia's 25 year old Seejou King from Sporting Lisbon B. He would offer more options at left back.

View attachment 214986

The second full time signing i made was 28 year old Spanish Right Winger Garban on a free from Guijuelo. I didn't much about him replied on scout recommendations

View attachment 214985

We added another CM to the squad in the form of Ross Forbes, he joined form Dunfermline on free transfer.

View attachment 214983

Scott Wright who previously loaned last season became availiable on a free transfer so i thought give him a shot and let him join.

View attachment 214982

The Next deal I got done was too replace Martini so I signed 28 year old Scottish Goalkeeper John Gibson on free transfer from Dunfermline. he vast experience from playing in all 4 leagues

View attachment 214981

Sixth full time signing of the Window was for 22 year old French CM Ambroise Begue who arrives from Nancy. The only way is up for this guy got bags of potential and can be a big player here.

View attachment 214979

I still had the link from Dundee United which enable me to loan 2 players and this year there a whole bunch of new players. I decided 20 year old Scottish CM Scott Lochhead could he and Begue produce this year partnership.

View attachment 214978

Or could my next signing have something to say about I bought Ross Davidson on free transfer from Rangers. We will see...

View attachment 214977

I made another striker addition 25 year old Scottish Gary Oliver on free transfer from Hearts, we lacked goals last season ans surely one my striker can hit it big

View attachment 214975

I agreed a deal Reading Fc to break my transfer record by paying 70K for English Right back Tennai Watson. The 21 year old would right into the first team.

View attachment 214973

Transfer deadline day saw me add my 14th and 15th addition of season first was DR Congo 21 year Left Back/Striker (Work out that combo haha) Boli Bolingoli -Mbombo on free transfer. Wasn't going to sign him but it was a absolute steal couldn't resist. My second signing was a rather smash and grab deal don't know how it will go. I signed Faissel El Bakhtaoui from Hibernian. I signed the 24 year old for 5.25K.

View attachment 214972View attachment 214969

I promise these were the last addtions to squad I made two free transfers after the deadline 25 year old Portuguese CB Miguel Lourenco from Vit Setubal and 30 year old German CB Steven Ruprecht from Rostock. These signing were made to strength that back two and give the option of player a back three aswell.

View attachment 214968View attachment 214967

The Team

GK: Craig McDowall, John Gibson
RB: David Symington, Tennai Watson
LB: Aswad Thomas, Seejou King, Boli Bolingoli -Mbombo
CB: Steven Swinglehurst, Micheal Kelly, Andy Parry, Miguel Lourenco, Steven Ruprecht
CM: Ross Forbes, Ambroise Begue, Scott Lochhead, Ross Davidson
RM: Bobby Linn, Garban,Faissel El Bakhtaoui
LM: Stuart McColm,
ST: David Hopkirk, Scott Wright, Kyle Dempsey, Emanuele Bardelloni, Gary Oliver

Squad Numbers

1 Craig McDowall
2 David Symington
3 Aswad Thomas
4 Ross Forbes
5 Steven Swinglehurst
6 Andy Parry
7 Garban
8 Ambroise Begue
9 David Hopkirk
10 Scott Wright
11 Stuart McColm
12 Tennai Watson
13 John Gibson
15 Micheal Kelly
16 Ross Davidson
17 Emanuele Bardelloni
18 Bobby Linn
19 Cameron Park
20 Diego De Girolamo
21 Jack Barmby
22 Kyle Dempsey
23 Vacant ( Was Held by Grant Gallagher before departure)
24 Scott Lochhead
25 Miguel Lourenco (Was Held by Yohan M'Vila before departure )
26 Gary Oliver
28 Mark Timlin
30 Steven Ruprecht
33 Seejou King
40 Scott Wallace (Youth Team)
42 Lewis Murray (Youth Team)
44 Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo
51 Faissel El Bakhtaoui

4-2-2-2) with a AMR/L : Gibson, Watson, Kelly, Loucenco, Boli-Bolingoli, Begue, Davidson, Garban, Barmby, Bardelloni, Wright
Subs : McDowall, Parry, King, Dempsey, Oliver, De Girolamo, Park

View attachment 213479

I think this is my strongest line up but I have plenty of depth

Pre-Season

View attachment 214965View attachment 214964

Our Pre-Season saw us play 4 teams from all different league we would Cowdenbeath, Rotherham, Dundee United and Craigmark. To be honest it was one the worst pre-season we have ever had first getting a bleak draw against Cowdenbeath then getting smashed 4-1 and 3-1 by Rotherdam and Dundee United. The only thing that soften the blow was the 3-0 win against Craigmark who to be honest we should of beat 7 or 8-0. Hard to pick a best player from that but i'll say Kyle Dempsey. Lets hope were better in the season.

Last edited:
Annan Season 4 First Season Review

View attachment 214081View attachment 214080

Scottish Challenge Cup

View attachment 213473

Our first round draw turned out to be a difficult one which seen us play division rivals Livingston. It was tough game end to e which eventually end 2-2 after 120 minutes goals from Bardelloni and Forbes. We would later win 5-3 on pens with Bardelloni, Oliver, De Girolamo, Forbes and Kelly all scoring.

View attachment 214079

The second round would see face a old rival Berwick Rangers. The game was another lock-out with the game ending 1-1 after 90 mins with David Symington getting our goal. We would later conquer after extra time with Kyle Dempsey hitting a early first half goal.

View attachment 214078

Our Third round clash saw us take on Arbroath where sold Gallagher and M'Vila to. This wouldn't stop us as we smashed them 4-1 with Oliver getting 3 and Park get 1. DONE DEAL

View attachment 214077

This form continued into our semi final clash where we were matched against Falkirk. Both teams went for a defensive approach for first half. The second half is where action was we brushed them aside 2-0 with Barmby and Parry getting the job done. Back to Fir Park but who we face ....

View attachment 214076

Queens Park was our final opponents at Fir Park in Motherwell the lineup was as follows..
Starting 11
13 John Gibson
2 David Symington
25 Miguel Lourenco
15 Michael Kelly
44 Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo
8 Ambroise Begue
24 Scott Lochhead
16 Ross Davidson
17 Emanuelle Bardelloni
26 Gary Oliver
10 Scott Wright
Subs
1 Craig McDowall
12 Tennai Watson
21 Jack Barmby
20 Diego De Girolamo
30 Steven Ruprecht
7 Garban
51 Faissel El Bakhtaoui

Queens Park would take the lead within 5 minutes but this wouldn't last long as we slowly edged back with Wright Scoring then Oliver then Barmby finish a easy final for us 3-1 to us.

CHAMPIONNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

View attachment 214075

14/15- First Round
15/16- Second Round
16/17- Winner Yeah Boi!!! haha
17/18- Winner Two time Baby!!!!!

View attachment 213472

Scottish League Cup

View attachment 213471

The first round of the competition would see us play Peterhead of League 2. The League 2 side would give us quite a game even taking the lead. We would eventually overturn this to win 2-1 goals form Michael Kelly and David Symington.

View attachment 978332

The second round would see face rivals Ross County in hard felt game at the Galabank. We would take an early lead through Kyle Dempsey. Ross County would later bring it back to 1-1. Just when it looked like a extra time game, Ross County snatched a late goal knocking us out the cup.

View attachment 214074

14/15 - Second Round
15/16 - First Round
16/17 - Second Round
17/18- Second Round

Scottish Cup

View attachment 213470

This cup should been named De ja vu as we were drawn against Peterhead once again and they once again gave us a very good game even taking the lead and we very nearly went out if wasn't a Cameron Park 89 minute goal.. The replay was abit more convincing as smashed 5 goals past them in a 5-2 win. Goals from Begue, Davidson, Parry and Oliver (2).

View attachment 214070View attachment 214073

Our time in this competition was short was once against Ross County....hhmmmmm. We put up a good fight but Ross County were just the better team. They beat us 2-1 Kris Boyd being that annoyance and scored 2. Bardelloni was score our only goal
View attachment 214072;

14/15- Round 3
15/16- Round 4
16/17- Quarter Final
17/18- Round 4

Scottish Championship

View attachment 213469

Compared to last season we are doing a **** of a lot better. The team is working more a unit, all strikers are pitching in not huge amounts but a equal share. The bigger teams Ross County and Hibernians had picked up points against us and we had few slips up Morton and Patrick Thristle. Other than that i think were playing well

Transfers

Two transfers went through in the November period, The first deal saw Centre Back Steven Swinglehurst join Chorley on loan until the end of season. The second deal was a incoming deal which saw Portuguese Centre Back Lima Perriera join us on free transfer. He would wear the number 23 shirt

Last edited:
View attachment 213900
Update

I'm currently in the process of updating my previous posts with new graphics and images to make the posts less wordy and paragraphs.

Please let me know what you think and if your enjoying the story

new updates should be up soon.

View attachment 213900

Last edited:

Season 4 Second Half of Season

Transfers

In

The made two confirmed signing in this period nothing really new there Lima Pereira that mentioned in last post, you can check his stats in screenshot as I forgot to put that up. The other signing was I offered Leicester City 32K to keep Jack Barmby full time which they accepted.

View attachment 213320

Out

Nothing really major although I did complete two loan deals out the club. The first deal was Mark Timlin who would join Bohemians to gain more experience. The second deal was left back Aswad Thomas who i felt needed a few more 1st team as he limted with arrival Seejou King and Boli-Bolingoli Mbombo.
But That Was Rather Quiet Transfer Period For Me.........

View attachment 213319

Season

Well after being eliminated out the remaining cup ties we only had Scottish Championship this was going be our year we sat 2nd behind Ross County with Hibernian knocked on our backdoor.

This is the review of the second half of the season from

View attachment 213318View attachment 213317

Scottish Championship

View attachment 213316

As you can see its a good job we had blinder of a start of season because the second half was very average. A win rate of under 50% and lose rate touching nearly 40% for second half of season you can why I was not happy. I put this down to two reason : 1. Due to injuries and suspensions i was unable to establish a decent back two the combination switched Kelly, Lourenco, Ruprecht, Parry and Lima Periera on a regular for about 8 games. 2. My striker goal rate were terrible two half the season bar Bardelloni. Bardelloni managed to hit 7 goals, in same Wright, Oliver and De Girolamo could only score 6 goals between them not good. That being said we won the important games and Ross County would also slip up resulting us being CHAMPIOOOONNSSSSS!!!!!!!!!........

View attachment 213315View attachment 213314

Side Note : Teams that play in yellow don't seem like winning the Scottish Championship so I had to pick Rangers SORRY HAHA...

Awards

Player of The Season
Emanuelle Bardelloni wins for the second year straight, he has been a guy that I have came to just expect goals from bagging 24 goals this season he cant be stopped

Team of The Season
The Team was as follows

Starting 11: Gibson, Watson, Kelly, Loucenco, Bolingoli-Mbombo, Begue, Davidson, Garban, Barmby, Bardelloni, Oliver
Subs : McDowall, Parry, Lochhead, Wright, Dempsey, Thomas, De Girolamo

View attachment 207313

The All-time 11: Martini, Symington, Kelly, Swinglehurst, Thomas, Dempsey, Gallagher, Linn, McColm, Bardelloni, Hopkirk
Subs: McDowall, Parry, Todd, McNiff, Mackay, Horne, Wright

Two changes in the starting line up Dempsey replaces Todd and Bardelloni replaces Mackay both players drop to the bench. Derek Carcary and Matty Smith lose their places in the hall of fame as Andy Parry and Scott Wright enter.

View attachment 207302

The big boys are next Celtic.. Aberdeen...Dundee United....Inverness...Dundee...Hearts...St Mirren How would we cope you'll have wait and see....

Last edited: