Tutoring a youngster with 20 determination?

Reaction score
I've got this 16 year old Center Back in my youth squad at Newcastle, looks like with the right progression he could be top class, 17 Heading, 15 Marking, (11 Tackling might need some work), good physicals which will only improve. He has 15 Leadership, 14 Bravery and 14 Teamwork which are good for his age and also has 20 determination, which is obviously good. However other mental stats, Anticipation (10), Composure (10), Concentration (7), Decisions (9), Positioning (10), need work.

I have other CBs, (Caulker, Nastasic) who could improve most stats, but both of them only have 14 Determination and have lower Leadership. So is it a good idea to have one of them tutor the youngster? Will the youngster lose Determination if he is tutored by one of them, and if so, is the loss in Determination worth the potential increase in other stats?

Caulker and Nastasic won't improve any of his stats. The only thing tutoring affects is Determination and his personality.

He will lose determination if their determination is lower.

Why do you need to tutor him?

Oh really?? I never knew that haha, always thought mental stats could be influenced by tutoring! Well his personality is Driven, which is good I think, and I don't want him to lose determination if he's not gaining anything... No tutoring for him then haha.

Thanks for answering!

Driven is a decent personality. All you definitely know from that is that he has Ambition 10-20. If the other 2 have better personalities, it's worth it.

you might have to use genie scout to check your youngsters personality, if his got hight proffesionalism and ambition then dont tutor him, he'll become class on his own. if he doesnt check caulker etc... personality if its good maybe he'll pickup from them.

Caulker is Spirited and Nastasic is Fairly Professional. Are either of those two noticeably better than Driven?

And thanks for the tip mate but I don't use genie scout.