hmm, my mistake then, I am thinking more on last years :) maybe Mike and I need to do a PPM guide again? Mike? :p

Raikan, I am making a tudoring and retraining guide now, I guess PPMs is related enough.. do you want me to write it and send it to you to include it in a Tudoring-Retraining-PPms guide? Or start a discussion thread to build the article trough discussion(and clean it up on a a sticky afterwards) We can discuss and find guidelines about the stats related with each ppm.. This way we will minimize the risk of a failed discussion (not eliminate, some pesky ba***rds dont wanna learn even if they have the perfect stats for the job..) and will help people choose tudors...

What do you think?

tutoring and good youth regimes can mostly bring out the best player avalible in the learner

Just how important are PPMs and tutoring?? I have never used these before, always stuck with a regular training regime and great coaches (for star rating, in each specific training category) will tutoring even more help with the development of my younger players??

Just how important are PPMs and tutoring?? I have never used these before, always stuck with a regular training regime and great coaches (for star rating, in each specific training category) will tutoring even more help with the development of my younger players??
Yes definitely. If the tuition is successful, you young player will have acquired an nice boost to his mental attributes and the possibility of leaning some of the tutor's PPMs. The amount gained in each attribute obviously depends on the mental attributes of the tutor - determination and work rate being particularly important in rate of player development. Tutored players will also learn from the player personally and their hidden personality attributes will sway slightly closer to those of the tutor.

Take a look at this thread.

1) Curls ball annot be asked to learn! only learned via succesful tutoring (a lot of the times its not passed down)
2) Arrives late can be taught, it was teachable last year and is this year too :) (I will have to confirm 110%)
3) Plays one two's cannot be asked to learn (only learned via succesful tutoring)

all PPM's can be passed down, it does not mean that they will though :) Argues with Officials can be asked to be unlearnt though (need to be 110% certain of this too)

curls ball and arrives late can be learned by tutoring, play one two's is can be learned by also private chat in fm 2011.

Yes definitely. If the tuition is successful, you young player will have acquired an nice boost to his mental attributes and the possibility of leaning some of the tutor's PPMs. The amount gained in each attribute obviously depends on the mental attributes of the tutor - determination and work rate being particularly important in rate of player development. Tutored players will also learn from the player personally and their hidden personality attributes will sway slightly closer to those of the tutor.

Take a look at this thread.

Would it be a wise idea to start signing players, with high mental stats, just for this reasoning to tutor players.... even if I do not play these guys and leave them in the reserves? Or would it just not be worth it?

1) Curls ball annot be asked to learn! only learned via succesful tutoring (a lot of the times its not passed down)
2) Arrives late can be taught, it was teachable last year and is this year too :) (I will have to confirm 110%)
3) Plays one two's cannot be asked to learn (only learned via succesful tutoring)

all PPM's can be passed down, it does not mean that they will though :) Argues with Officials can be asked to be unlearnt though (need to be 110% certain of this too)

Arrives late can't be taught either. I was just being unlucky and they were not being passed on, so I started to doubt they could be taught to other players at all.

---------- Post added at 04:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

Would it be a wise idea to start signing players, with high mental stats, just for this reasoning to tutor players.... even if I do not play these guys and leave them in the reserves? Or would it just not be worth it?

I get players with good mentals and good PPMs provided they're cheap and don't ask for huge wages.

thats what i do most of time. sign players with high mental att esp determination.

mexes for dc, defour for mc-dmc, boriello for st for ex. after they tutor my regens, i sell them :)
determination is really key att for players. i never use players if their det is lower than 12-13 even if their other att's are 20. also i dont like players whose workrate and teamwork is lower than 11-12(if they are not st-fc)

after 3 year build up, i have regens with 18, 17 determination and high workrate teamwork. and i dont care mentors(mexes defour type players) perform well or not. i keep them at least 2 years in my team.

finally this build is goes on of course. my regens with high det,high workrate also high hidd att(ambition,professionalism) tutor other regens.

thats what i do most of time. sign players with high mental att esp determination.

mexes for dc, defour for mc-dmc, boriello for st for ex. after they tutor my regens, i sell them :)
determination is really key att for players. i never use players if their det is lower than 12-13 even if their other att's are 20. also i dont like players whose workrate and teamwork is lower than 11-12(if they are not st-fc)

after 3 year build up, i have regens with 18, 17 determination and high workrate teamwork. and i dont care mentors(mexes defour type players) perform well or not. i keep them at least 2 years in my team.

finally this build is goes on of course. my regens with high det,high workrate also high hidd att(ambition,professionalism) tutor other regens.

So just these 3 atributes I should be looking at? or others as well.... also can one player tutor more then one player.... so example, mexes tutoring 4 players at once.

First of all, you need to know what mentor can teach youngster
1. Can pass his own PMMs to youngster
2. Can increase youngster determination up to his own level of determination
3. Can change players personality ( example: Paul Pogba is ambitious, Scholes is Model Pro. If you use Scholes to tutor Pogba, he can also become model pro.
Mentor can only tutor one player at once. Mentor cant tutor a player whos over 22 years and have same or higher team status ( example : Pogba is rotation, Scholes is rotation, Scholes cant tutor Pogba). Mentor can teach only if his team status is higher than the player you want to tutor.
Mentors adaptibility plays one of the key roles. He need to know how to "get along" with his pupil.
Tutoring last 180 days if succesfull. If not, well, it wont last that long.
Thats my knowlege about Mentor and pupil :)