Montanaro

Reaction score
I've got this superstar strike on my team who is only 20 years old. The only problem is he is weak in mental stats so I've signed some experienced players to help tutor. I've got the tutors set to indispensable and have made my striker a first team player down from indispensable. However when I go to tutor, my new striker isn't an option.

Why is this? My striker has a lower team status than the tutor. Is it because he has more reputation (favored personnel)? Or am I going to have to drop my striker to rotation player and risk upsetting him?

sounds intense and intricate mate.

I would just stick him in a 4-4-2 and tell him you expect a ****** performance. Remind him frequently he needs to step it up in training and that he's a ******* disappointment. Tough love lad

sounds intense and intricate mate.

I would just stick him in a 4-4-2 and tell him you expect a ****** performance. Remind him frequently he needs to step it up in training and that he's a ******* disappointment. Tough love lad

I get the feeling you havent read the OP properly

Instead of pointing out who is not right, can you explain how to solve his problem?

You say you've signed players to tutor the lad? First off you can't tutor with players who are new at the club, the new players must be attuned to the way of life at the club, think not just on the pitch but being friendly an supportive off it. So you may have to wait. Other than that i can't see where the problem is as normally you can tutor players under the age of 21 no matter what their team status.

Have a look to see if you can tutor with another player of the same position and above the age of 25 whos not new to the club.

Newness to the club makes no difference. I also signed a couple other older respected players, and they were able to tutor immediately.

I just have this one striker with a ton of PPMs that would be perfect for my young striker. I remember reading on here once that you can't tutor a player who has a higher team status than the tutor. But I've ruled that out. My young striker now has continental reputation, so I'm not sure if that plays a part or not. At this point I don't see him wanting to be tutored anyway.

Newness to the club makes no difference. I also signed a couple other older respected players, and they were able to tutor immediately.

I just have this one striker with a ton of PPMs that would be perfect for my young striker. I remember reading on here once that you can't tutor a player who has a higher team status than the tutor. But I've ruled that out. My young striker now has continental reputation, so I'm not sure if that plays a part or not. At this point I don't see him wanting to be tutored anyway.

Thats odd ive never been able to tutor with new players. Not really sure whats the issue then. Like you say sounds like he doesn't want to be tutored, good luck with him.

apart from those you'd like, your young striker can be tutored by anyone else at your club or not?

apart from those you'd like, your young striker can be tutored by anyone else at your club or not?

No, I can't get anyone to tutor him.

Btw, my striker is on the post your regen thread, maybe 3-4 pages back from last post.

uhm it happens to me all the time that I can't get my prospects to be tutored by players I'd like but usually they can be tutored by someone else. I'm starting to think that your youngster may have reached a point where he feels he can't learn from anyone else. How arrogant...

I wouldnt worry about it.if you keep him in the team and he plays regularly. I find that mental stats seem to improve with experience...

Once they reach a certain reputation, players cannot be tutored by players of another specific reputation. For example, if he had a rep of say 6000 and the one you wanted to tutor him had one of 8000, he'd be able to tutor. If the younger one was at a rep of 7000 though, it wouldn't be allowed.

...I think.

Once they reach a certain reputation, players cannot be tutored by players of another specific reputation. For example, if he had a rep of say 6000 and the one you wanted to tutor him had one of 8000, he'd be able to tutor. If the younger one was at a rep of 7000 though, it wouldn't be allowed.

...I think.

thats how i figured it

IMO, find someone at your club who's a little older, say 28+ and from the same nation. I found when tutoring, the language barrier can sometimes be difficult to get around if you have an English player tutoring a serbian youngster who can't speak English.