Kinag

Reaction score
Hi,

I've created a tactic which is quite successful in terms of possession and goals.

The problem I currently have is that I have two strikers which are infront of the goal, but I want the striker with the ball to make a pass more often to the secondary striker if he's in a better position.
Right now they seem to shoot from weird angles instead of making a direct pass to their partner who basically have an open goal infront of him.

Is it possible to do this without hurting either striker's goal count?

When they shoot from awkward angles they miss 90% of the time anyway.

Thank you in advance.

You can tell them to shoot less often, slow down tempo, work ball into box, or probably most effectively you could teach them the PPM 'Looks to pass rather than score'.

When I play two upfront, I always have an Advanced Forward_Attack playing on whichever side corresponds to his stronger foot, with player instructions to Pass Shorter, Move Into Channels and Shoot More Often. His partner will be either a Deep-Lying Forward_Support or False-9_Support with instructions to Move Into Channels, Pass Shorter.

Playing in a strike partner is part of the DLF and F-9 job descriptions, but they won't be shy about taking opportunities for themselves when the chance is on. And with decent crosses coming in from the wings, both your forwards will look to get on the end of them.

Even if you're playing a short passing possession game, still get your central midfielders to play More Direct Passes so they can spread the play and exploit spaces on the flanks quickly and efficiently.