corofin2k12

Reaction score
Whats are the key positons in 4231 with wingers and do ya have to tweak individual player settings to get a good formation

well it depends on your players mate, what style of football you want to play, what team instructions you have set..

there are so many things!

give us more info and we may actually help you, failing that, we are unable to assist you off what you have posted, hence no one has replied...

play both CM's as CM support or CM defend if you have Leiva and Allen there

playing direct is better on Fm13 than shorter mate, try play direct
drill crosses and set more roaming

drop the defensive line to around normal.. if you push too far up, you leave a lot of space behind :)

play both CM's as CM support or CM defend if you have Leiva and Allen there

playing direct is better on Fm13 than shorter mate, try play direct
drill crosses and set more roaming

drop the defensive line to around normal.. if you push too far up, you leave a lot of space behind :)

There's no need to drop the defensive line. He simply shouldnt pick attacking as a starting mentality if he wants to sit deeper, or better yet, use the drop deeper shout

Also you dont want 2 CM supports, you are leaving your back line horribly exposed

OP you have some disconnects, you have 4 players attacking the same point so you might get too narrow, but then you havent really got an overlap for width

There's no need to drop the defensive line. He simply shouldnt pick attacking as a starting mentality if he wants to sit deeper, or better yet, use the drop deeper shout

Also you dont want 2 CM supports, you are leaving your back line horribly exposed

but he clearly does not want to sit deeper when playing attacking and with such a high line with attacking players and fluid mentality...

hence the reason I suggested what I did!

no need to repeat what I suggested as well Mike :)

but he clearly does not want to sit deeper when playing attacking and with such a high line with attacking players and fluid mentality...

hence the reason I suggested what I did!

no need to repeat what I suggested as well Mike :)

You dont need to push high up and pick and attacking mentality to play attacking football, you dont even need to pick fluid.

But he shouldn't make a needless manual tweak when he can a) use a shout that can be turned off at any time, or B) simply choose a different mentality

You dont need to push high up and pick and attacking mentality to play attacking football, you dont even need to pick fluid.

But he shouldn't make a needless manual tweak when he can a) use a shout that can be turned off at any time, or B) simply choose a different mentality

I know that and agree with that :) but not once did he mention he wants to play deep.. I prefer playing with a semi high but normal defensive line, especially against quick strikers, especially when you have slow defenders which he sort of has with Pool (Coates/Agger/Carragher/Skrtel)

some people do not like using shouts as they do not understand fully what they do :) I was merely trying to give him the set fast instructions instead of making little changes that a lot of members are scared to make as they are unsure what will happen :)

he could actually even drop the 2 CM"s to DM's and have Leiva as the ball winner/dm and Allen as the Dlp - support, having Gerrard/Coutinho (dropping deeper to get the ball, run from deep never) so that he can look at creating chances and being on the ball, which is what you want from those two players..

it also sures up the defence

I know that and agree with that :) but not once did he mention he wants to play deep.. I prefer playing with a semi high but normal defensive line, especially against quick strikers, especially when you have slow defenders which he sort of has with Pool (Coates/Agger/Carragher/Skrtel)

some people do not like using shouts as they do not understand fully what they do :) I was merely trying to give him the set fast instructions instead of making little changes that a lot of members are scared to make as they are unsure what will happen :)

he could actually even drop the 2 CM"s to DM's and have Leiva as the ball winner/dm and Allen as the Dlp - support, having Gerrard/Coutinho (dropping deeper to get the ball, run from deep never) so that he can look at creating chances and being on the ball, which is what you want from those two players..

it also sures up the defence

I wouldnt even go near attacking especially if i wanted to use any kind of playmaker. Control would be my highest mentality (I actually havent used attacking once in FM13)

If a person doesn't understand shouts, then they are unlikely to understand sliders as well, since they affect the same things. Drop deeper shout drops the defensive line, for example.