Twente playing in freezing cold, should this be allowed???

pipodeclown

Reaction score
Twente has won the first legg against rubin kazan in the EL but the temperature was according to the UEFA -14.7 C but other sources say that near the half of the match it became -20 C. there was an attendance of 120.

Should it be allowed to play in this kind of temperature???

It should not be allowed to play in this kind of temperature! it should be given its own choice! it! IT!!!

If the players and the managers of both sides agree to it, then yes. Why not. Today's modern technology has seen the creation of thermal vests to battle such temperatures.

Wouldn't like to be a goalie in those temperatures, let me tell you.

im a goalie and before ive played in -11 degrees , i didnt wear a ***** snood or leggings , it took the tempratures like a man and faced them , eveyr player in that game had some sort of thermal , the only thing i wear is underarmour shirt because of my asthma chest.

im a goalie and before ive played in -11 degrees , i didnt wear a ***** snood or leggings , it took the tempratures like a man and faced them , eveyr player in that game had some sort of thermal , the only thing i wear is underarmour shirt because of my asthma chest.

Wow you're hard :S

I wish I was as tough as you. Yes it should be allowed, there are no rules against it.

Imagen a shot hitting you on the thigh in that temperature . Ouch !!

I think it's up to the players if the game should be on and underfloor heating will keep the pitch in a good condition too.

if i didnt have bad asthma , yes i wouldnt of wore it , modern day footballers are *****'s , end of.

Ermm, you don't have to play in -11 C to not be a 'modern ***** footer'. I wear thermal shirts, gloves, and sometimes long-johns. Doesn't make me any less of who I am.

if i didnt have bad asthma , yes i wouldnt of wore it , modern day footballers are *****'s , end of.
not really, you generalise a lot though.

anyway, as long they are not in medical danger or serious discomfort dont see why not

i'd like to see every one get back on topic before i hand out infractions

Ermm, you don't have to play in -11 C to not be a 'modern ***** footer'. I wear thermal shirts, gloves, and sometimes long-johns. Doesn't make me any less of who I am.

you sir , are a ***** , does the cold hurt , no , modern footballers are to ***** end of.

Serbia's back line says hi.

Never really got the argument about snoods. If it makes you play better because you're more comfortable, why not? Anyway...

Surely this must happen on a semi-regular basis in the tail-end and start of matches in the Scandinavian countries?

Last edited:

Yawn, this was all discussed in a thread about the neck warmers. If you cba to find it I'll summarise: Just because you like to be comfortable it doesn't make you a '*****'.