ChivuStoica

Reaction score
Is it possible to play with two banks of four behind the ball from a 4-2-3-1 in this game? I haven't gotten it to work when I've been using attacking mids, but I don't really want to play a 4-4-1-1 or 4-4-2 because neither one suits my personnel. My personal preference is to sit with two banks of four behind the ball and play on the counter, but I haven't had much success with it so far. It might be a moot point at this moment, since my best two attacking midfielders both prefer to play as inside forwards, but one of those guys is 30 and the other is probably too good for my drop-zone Romanian league team, so I don't know if my current setup is sustainable long term. Right now, my focus is more on moving the ball through the midfield and letting my attacking wing backs overlap (think Shakhtar Donetsk), or crossing to the 2+ meter tall target man I bought, but in the future I might tend toward the approach outlined above, so I was wondering if anyone had had any success playing that way.

The WM(a) role with "cut inside" player instruction acts broadly as an inside forward, while you may want to add "sit narrower" to give more space for your wingbacks to bomb forward. As the wide midfielder is very close to the CMs and the AM, you're ensured that nobody is isolated.