FCBayern96

Reaction score
Ok So I am planning on playing a deep 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMCs and a Wingback on attack duty with the other one on defend duty.And I was wondering if playing two deep lying playmakers, one on support and one on defend duty would make my defense exposed or if it was safe.What do you think?

It shouldnt do your Deep-lying playmakers (def) will perform more def duties he will stay deep and get involved in the passing game from a distance bit like Paul Scholes but if you playing a wingback def duty you will be covered at the back

I'm planning on playing Schweinsteiger ( Defend) and Kroos (Support) as my pair.

I would suggest Schweinsteiger on box to box duty and Kroos like Advanced playmaker.

Last edited:
as a general rule if you play 2 deep playmakers ahve one set to ultra short passing and teh other set to extreme long passing then u have the best of both worlds in terms of creativity!

Ok So I am planning on playing a deep 4-2-3-1 with 2 DMCs and a Wingback on attack duty with the other one on defend duty.And I was wondering if playing two deep lying playmakers, one on support and one on defend duty would make my defense exposed or if it was safe.What do you think?

It doesn't leave your defence exposed, the defensive one will keep his position in front of the defensive line, and the supportive one shouldn't roam too much from his position. And you have always your other fullback staying with the defensive line. Currently I am playing 4-2-3-1 with 2 attacking wingbacks, and 2 deep lying playmakers on defensive duty in CM position. Both have ultra short passing, so they make some passes themselves and play the ball to inside wingbacks and trequartista playing AM spot. Also their through passes are reduced to sometimes, so that they will make the through ball when there is space between the lines (usually when counterattacking), but play the ball sensibly to more creative trequartista or spread the play to have crossing option from wingbacks more often.

Personally i use a defensive mid support with deep lying playmaker support. def mid support wins ball, gives it to deep lying playmaker support who gives it to my amc trequartista and watch him dribble around everywhere. I have defensive mid support on very short passing so he basically does same job as deep lying playmaker defend as you lot have mentioned except imo defensive mid support wins ball better.