Two Is Better Than One - Manchester United v Chelsea

Sam91

Reaction score
Manchester United v Chelsea

unitedchelsea.jpg

Hey guys this will be an online save that myself and I 7 I Danny are doing :)

He'll be in charge of the club he supports, United, and I'll take charge on my team. Chelsea. We will each post month by month reports in the style of my stories. Should be very interesting and hopefully can last a while!! Don't worry I'm still going to be doing my Vitesse story but Danny has been finding it hard to get into a save this year so this will hopefully help him!! As long as he doesn't mind finishing second ;)

Manchester United v Chelsea

unitedchelsea.jpg

Hey guys this will be an online save that myself and I 7 I Danny are doing :)

He'll be in charge of the club he supports, United, and I'll take charge on my team. Chelsea. We will each post month by month reports in the style of my stories. Should be very interesting and hopefully can last a while!! Don't worry I'm still going to be doing my Vitesse story but Danny has been finding it hard to get into a save this year so this will hopefully help him!! As long as he doesn't mind finishing second ;)

panicked at first when i saw this then read through thank god for that this sounds like a good idea and i will follow again i prefer Chelsea over united and they have Mata and ..........LUKAKU!!!!!! good luck get Gundogan as Lampard replacement or Martinez

Is Danny the one who did the Manchester United story last year? The in-depth, written one?

Newton named new boss at Old Trafford

View attachment 365823

In a shock announcement today, it has become clear that retired England midfielder Danny Newton has been named the new manager of Manchester United. The former West Ham man has been the club's first team coach since his retirement two years previous, and has now been promoted to the job ahead of bookie's favourite, David Moyes.

Key Players:

David De Gea

View attachment 365836
Potential to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world. Will be the man between the sticks for the forseeable future.

Shinji Kagawa

View attachment 365837

Struggled last season with injuries, but showed glimpses of his impressive talent. Will be giving him more of a first team run this year.

Wayne Rooney

View attachment 365839

Subject to a number of rumors, keeping hold of this club talisman is one of my main targets with regards to the squad.

Robin Van Persie

View attachment 365838

Last season's top scorer, RVP will be my main frontman and hopefully will score another hatful this year.

Formation/Tactic

View attachment 365849

Lots of potential and ability in the squad, however I will be making some changes with the impressive £60m + sales I have been given.

Last edited:
Chelsea - August 2013

0,,10268~3688539,00.jpg

Solid start in the league
Many leave as we make some quality signings
Penalties separate us and Bayern

Transfers

View attachment 366365View attachment 366366

So we only made three signings, but what three great players they are!! Kroos is a top quality player and one I've never managed before so I'm excited about that. Jovetic comes in to compete with Lukaku for that striker spot. Papadopoulos I see as JT's replacement.

The players leaving were all surplus to requirements, we made some superb profit from this market which I'm very happy about. Here are the new lads:

Stevan Jovetic

View attachment 366377

Kyriakos Papodopoulos

View attachment 366380

Toni Kroos

View attachment 366383

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

League

Chelsea 2 - 0 Norwich

Mata, Kroos

A good solid win here, Kroos scoring on his debut too!!

Aston Villa 0 - 4 Chelsea

Kroos, Papadopoulos(2), David Luiz

Kroos nets again and Papadopoulos nets a double after Villa couldn't handle Azpi's long throws. Luiz netted a sexy free kick.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

European Super Cup

Chelsea 1 - 1 Bayern Munich

Jovetic

View attachment 366385

PHEW!! Very close game, we looked brilliant in the first half but awful from then on. Bayern heaped on the pressure and hit the woodwork twice. Good that Jovetic scored his first goal for the club though, we held our nerve in the shoot-out and Cech's heroics win us the Cup!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

Couldn't really ask for more!! We win our first two games comfortably and win the Super Cup!! Not too impressed with our strikers though as both Lukaku and Jovetic not really impressing so far but Kroos and Papadopoulos have been immense!!

I'm still trying to find out my best team though with so many options in the final third with the likes of Kroos, De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Moses all fighting it out up there!!

Here's our Champions League group, not too bad I suppose:

View attachment 366394

Player of the Month

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

Kyriakos_Papadopoulos_greece_euro_2012.jpg

Been an absolute animal this month winning Premier League Young Player of the Month, scoring twice against Villa and getting MOTM against Bayern!!

Table

View attachment 366388

Get an early head start on Danny but he has had tougher games, but hey rather be top than not ;)

Last edited:
Come on Sam!!!! -- No offense Danny but I hate Man Utd lol

Good luck guys

August and Transfers:
View attachment 366364
Season starts with a cup win
Drawn favourable Champions' League group
Four points from two hard games

Transfers:

View attachment 366370
Lots of moves in and out for us. Sold a number of players I deemed surplus to requirements and loaned out another group, mostly youngsters. Thiago and Hughes were definitely sweeter due to them choosing United over Chelsea.

Thiago Alcantara
View attachment 366375
Thiago from Barcelona for £18m was a steal at that price, my first move in the market made all the better after beating Sam to his signature.

Andrea Bertolacci
View attachment 366371
I see the Italy U21 skipper as a long-term replacement for Michael Carrick, and for less than £6.5m this deal was a definite coup.

Kevin GroBkreutz
View attachment 366372
Signed from Dortmunt for £9.5m to replace the outgoing wingers. Good now with potential to get better.

Lorenzo Insigne

View attachment 366373
Another Italy U21, Insigne has a lot of talent and will definitely make the first team wing position his for years to come, it seems.

Neal Maupay

View attachment 366374
The French U19's striker is a collossal talent for only 15 years of age. Will become home-grown and is my long term replacement for RVP, eventually.

Will Hughes

View attachment 366376

Yet another man who turned down Chelsea to join us. Already labelled a Wonderkid and if anything from previous saves is to go by, very good talent indeed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Results

------

League

Manchester City 0 - 0 Manchester United

First league game, draw at the Etihad. Not bad, but we definitely had chances to win the game. Had three players injured in the second half, was not impressed.

Stoke City 0 - 1 Manchester United

Robin Van Persie

A good win against a potentially difficult team, however the result could have been a lot better looking with some better finishing. Still, three points from a tough game. Stoke saw a man sent off late on but this had little impact on the match.

FA Community Shield

Wigan Athletic 1 - 3 Manchester United

Wayne Rooney, Kevin GroBkreutz, Rio Ferdinand

View attachment 366369

Eventually a simple win but up until half time we looked shakey. A Rooney penalty put us ahead but Chris McCann brought Wigan level. Shortly after, GroBkreutz and Ferdinand struck with Insigne having a goal disallowed as well.

Monthly Review

Overall, a good month in charge. 4 points from two hard games and a cup win is nothing to be sniffed at, and the signings made are bedding in well, especially the two wingers - Insigne with three assists from four goals scored this month outlining his good performances.

My board have agreed to an obscure Russian team for a feeder club to aquire foreign youth talents, so we will have to see how that pans out.

Player of the Month

Lorenzo Insigne
View attachment 366393

Three assists and a number of good performances from the twenty-one year old. Definitely living up to his touted potential so far.

Last edited:
Should be an update tonight laaads

Peachy. Gonna enjoy seeing Danny get smashed :p

September 2012

View attachment 367170
Unbeaten run continues
Youth perform well in the cup, through to 4th Round
Win in first Champions' League game

League

Cardiff City 0 - 3 Manchester United

Thiago Alcantara, Robin Van Persie(2)

Poor first half, but three goals in the first fifteen mins of the second half settled the game.

Manchester United 1 -0 West Ham United

Robin Van Persie

Early goal from RVP put us in the lead, had many opportunities to increase the lead but in the end, a comfortable win.

Hull City 0 - 0 Manchester United

Poor game in all accounts, Hull played defensive and shut out our strikers.

Manchester United 1 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

Antonio Valencia

Looked to be another 0-0 draw, but Valencia came off the bench to hit an eighteen-yard winner in the late stages of the game.

Capital One Cup

Manchester United 4 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

Lorenzo Insigne, Jonny Evans, Shinji Kagawa, Neal Maupay

View attachment 367173

What a win! The younger players were brought into the team for the cup, and definitely did not disappoint. Maupay ending up MOTM after two assists and a goal on his first full start, making him the youngest player - and scorer - in the history of the League Cup.

Champions' League Group Stage

Manchester United 1 - 0 CSKA Moscow

Rafael da Silva
View attachment 367174
A tough start to our CL campaign, probably the hardest game of our group save for the return fixture. Looked to be heading to a draw until Rafael's 70 yard run and finish won the game.

Monthly Review

All in all, a positive month. Unbeaten in all competitions so far, and without a goal conceded in 6 league games, however the fact only 6 goals have been scored in the league brings up a concern. If we improve our fortunes in front of goal, I'm sure the team will be up there at the end of the season.

Player of the Month

Thiago Alcantara
View attachment 367175
Had a quality month behind RVP, three assists and a goal, plus being voted third in the Young Player of the Month award for September.

great start you two love the layouts same as the legend KLIPPYBO also could i ask what facepacks are you two using

great start you two love the layouts same as the legend KLIPPYBO also could i ask what facepacks are you two using

My facepack screwed up, so I'm not actually using one. Sam takes the screenies of my players when needed. I think he uses the stickied one on the facepack section though.

Chelsea - September 2012

FA-Cup-Final-chelsea-live-008.jpg

Mixed month of results
Cazorla scores insane goal against us
Solid start in the Champions League

League

Crystal Palace 1 - 3 Chelsea

Hazard, Jovetic, Terry

Quite a tight game until Jovetic netted in the second half to give us the lead. Big JT netted late on to make the scoreline look more respectable.

Liverpool 2 - 1 Chelsea

Oscar

Ten minutes of madness cost us here with Ashley Cole making a howler for Aspas to net his first then his second was pure luck. We were much better in the second half but Oscar netted too late on to make any difference.

Chelsea 4 - 1 Newcastle

Lukaku, Oscar, Terry, Hazard

Much better here as we tore Newcastle apart. Oscar nets for the second game in a row as JT scores once more. Hazard seems to be settling in finally.

Chelsea 1 - 1 Arsenal

Hazard

Cazorla scored the most ridiculous goal I've ever seen here. We were much better after the break with Hazard scoring a wonderful team goal, near the end in exactly the same way he nearly got us a winner but put it wide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions League

Chelsea 4 - 0 Shaktar

Mata, Hazard, Papadopoulos, Lukaku

Great result here, Lukaku seems to be slipping up a gear with Jovetic failing to impress still. Two early goals from Hazard and Mata settled this tie before half-time though and we were always in control.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Monthly Review

So not a bad month by any means but I just hate losing to Liverpool. They really seem to be my bogey team on FM. The Arsenal game was also ridiculous as we really should have won. Lukaku seems to be improving but Jovetic still looks far from what I was hoping he would be. Hazard seems to be improving though which should help us as he is our best player.

In other news though Kevin De Bruyne and Oscar both asked to leave because they weren't playing enough :s they came out with us near the start of September after they both started against Palace... neither will be let go.

Player of the Month

Eden Hazard

hazard_1717035a.jpg

Been a shining light in a very average month.

Tables

View attachment 367378View attachment 367379

So City have stormed ahead of both myself and Danny. Back in the Champions League we lead our group.​

Last edited:
Great story guys really enjoying it, if you don't mind me asking what facepack are you both using?

October 2012

View attachment 367975

League form falls apart with losses to Everton and Sunderland
Squeeze through to 5th Round
Continue 100% Champions' League record, however

League

Sunderland AFC 3 - 2 Manchester United
Robin Van Persie, Jonny Evans

After going 2-0 up early in the second half the team collapsed and Steven Fletcher scored a hattrick with Sunderland's only three shots on target.

Manchester United 0 - 2 Everton

Another one of those games, dominated the match but two corners led to two goals for the Toffees.

Fulham 0 - 2 Manchester United
Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney

Two early goals sealed it in the end but we should and could have had more.

Capital One Cup

Manchester United 3 - 2 Cardiff City
Wayne Rooney(3)

A first half hattrick for Rooney looked to have us comfortably on out way to forgetting the poor League form but two goals in the second half from Cardiff meant we had a nervy finish. Held on however in the end to be in the draw for the 5th Round.

Champions' League Group Stage

Manchester United 2 - 1 Dynamo Kiev
Lorenzo Insigne, Thiago Alcantara

Early goals from Insigne and Thiago gave us a comfortable cushion in this game, and even though Kiev scored late on, our position was never in doubt.

FC Red Bull Salzburg 0 - 1 Manchester United
Antonio Valencia

Valencia scoring another winning goal in a game we made harder than it should've been. Looked poor until Rooney (who set up Valencia) was introduced.

Monthly Review

An awful month in the League, however our cup fortunes gave the results a slightly improved look to them. With three wins towards the end of the month over Salzburg, Fulham and Cardiff, the team may be turning around a little after the early losses to Sunderland and Everton.

Player of the Month
Wayne Rooney

View attachment 367977
Four goals and two assists showed why he should be in the team more often.​