Two Potentially Great Tactics.....TESTERS WANTED

Capt Gunner

Reaction score
Hello football manager nation! It's that die hard gunner again and this will be my first tactical post since
FM2013. As many of you (the bright ones
wink.gif
) would have guessed from the subject, I am presenting two tactics that I will need testers for. I usually have people to test for me but they are very busy and I myself cannot find time to play two tester seasons.

The first is a wingerless formation. It will focus on overloading the centre of the park and forcing opposition centre backs out of position before the killer pass. Don't despair though!. There is still some width which will come from the fullbacks but before I ramble on, have a look at the formation below.

View attachment 418155

The tactic is called "La Cruzar" (The Cross), because in my eye, the formation looks like a cross

How the formation Attacks

The main goal scorer will be your striker who will make forward runs and receive passes from his midfield team mates. As he is a deep lying forward however, he will also supply the AMC with quality passes.

The fullbacks will look to draw opposition players away from the centre of the pitch in order to create more space for the central players. They will also produce crosses from the byline and deliver killer passes to advanced players. The central midfielders offer stability and are the main link between attack and defence.

View attachment 418154

A lot of the goals conceded from my test came from corners which is something that will need to be improved. Screenshots of some results are shown below.

View attachment 418151View attachment 418150View attachment 418124

I played 11 premiere league games and only lost one game against chelsea in a game where arguably I should have won. I mean my three clear cut chances to their 1 speaks volumes. Samuel Eto'o was just fired to long shots from impossible angles outside my box and scored twice. They did not even score their clear cut chance. I sense the
FM
SCRIPT just deciding I would loose.

No Name High Pressure Tactic
The second tactic is a more familiar looking tactic to most FM fans. After making a wingerless formation, I thought I would have a go at a completely different style of football. Have a look at the tactic below.

View attachment 418146

How the Formation Plays

When I was making this formation, I had Pep Guardiola on my mind. This would mean high pressure, Possession football and 5 goals a game. The reality however is that it is hard to replicate this on FM without sacrificing at least one facet of his philosophies. I decided to sacrifice possession in this case in exchange for more offensive play.

View attachment 418143

The formation plays a very high defensive line in order to quickly recycle possession in attacking positions and put pressure on opposition midfielders. The wingbacks sit very wide and will bomb down the flanks to deliver crosses. They will also get goalscoring opportunities due to their link up play with AMR/L.
The AMR/L will sit narrower in order to link up better with the striker. They will get lots of opportunities in the box.

The halfback will recycle possession and offer support to the CBs. The advanced playmaker will get a lot of goalscoring opportunities running from deep.

Some great results are shown below.
View attachment 418136View attachment 418133View attachment 418132

You should note that I had a red car for the Liverpool game and still managed to win.

I made just 3 signings: Keisuke Honda, Alvares Balanta and Wilifried Zaha.

I would love to get people test this tactic for me as they are by no means the finished product. If you can test the tactics for a season and send me the save file I would appreciate it. If you want to help me out, send me a PM and I will send you a download link.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE​

Alright pal tried inboxing you but wouldn't work for some reason, i'll test the tactics if you like?

hello mate - I can give La Cruzar a go if you like.

La Cruzar looks very interesting formation wise. Good Luck with it!

I can test the No Name High Pressure one if you like? Looks like it would play great with my Sociedad team.

I can test the No Name High Pressure if you like with Barcelona, where download the tactic?

Late thanks for the 4-4-2 Tactical Pack for All Scenarios you made, it was brilliant for me last year!

Got 2014 today and I'd be happy to test out the No Name High Pressure with Southampton.

Any chance you'll make a 2014 tactical park for all scenarios?

Were you to switch the strategy of that 4-3-3 to Counter, you might have something approximating the way Zenit/**** Advocaat-era Russia played. I used that strategy a lot on FM12, and would swap on a TM for my DLF/F9-type if things went belly-up

I am going to try it with Bradford City in League 1. I'll let you know how I get on!

La Cruzar looks interesting, attacking fullbacks are kind of wingers though

Have you tried the classic 2-3-2-3?

The Cross looks familiar, Totolfootballfan seen it yet?