Two striker, one target man...?

mancingo

Reaction score
I am curently managing Hoffenheim. I've tried diferent tactical sistems, but I think that 4-4-2 is suited for my team. Cardoso and Pobrabnyak are up in front, obiasi on the right side and Ba on the left side. Ibisevic and Lewandowski are my subsitutes. The question is....do you think that playing two strong and towering srikers like Cardoso and Pobrabnyak is a good ideea?And second, can one of them become target man?

i think so, i sometimes play selezynov and gignac as both target men upfront for my udinese team! i prefer 1 target one free role attacking geniuos like sanchez or marquinhos!
the problem comes in where u can only choose 1 way specifically to aim for the target man - so if cardozo is good at heading and progrebynak is not, aiming them all to the head could be a problem!

i found that mixed is the best and putting literally every other player except 1 MC to cross to target man specifically and get as many crosses in as possible!

it should work (put team creativity on low)

Thanks dude....good reply. The problem in my team is that all 4 strikers are tall, "towering" strikers. I don't have yet a player like marquitos or aguero to give him free role. I think I'll have to sell Ibisevic or Cardoso and buy a playmaker instead.

sure man, my pleasure

i would prob sell them both, not too sure on Cardozo though, i have never bought him personally, but his stats are great!

if you can get close to about 20 million for both players, even 15 million, definately by Marquinhos, dont buy Aguero, everyone buys him and when you scout other strikers, you can never get the true evaluation and every other striker you will ever buy you will be dissappointed in the comparison! trust me!

also a good formation is 4-4-1-1

a really great AMC free role, 2 quick wingers and 1 very creative mc and a more defensive minded mc is great too!

amc - Oscar - sau paulo - real real class get him for like 2.3 million 1st year maybe more 2nd or 3rd (6 million etc)