reeves

Reaction score
I have Wayne Rooney and Babacar who both have the best role of 'Target man attack', recently i have Babacar as target man attack and Rooney as complete forward, (occasionally berbatov as trequartista) however has anybody actually played with two target men upfront? Or would it just be pointless doing that? So far iv'e not tried however I would like to hear feedback on people who have.

I'd play rooney as Deep Lying - Support and Babacar as Complete Foward - Attack. I have played with 2 target men before; I made Lukaku target man attack and Dzeko target man support, it was alright but if I recall correctly there were better combinations.

Maybe have Babacar as Target Man - support then Rooney as Deep-lying forward - attack ?
Babacar knocks the balls down for the on coming Rooney ?

I've done it with Chamakh and Bendtner with the former playing a support role and the latter playing a attack role. They did do pretty well, but that may have been because I mainly deployed them in cup games, many of which were against lower league or inferior opposition. However, I wouldn't really think Rooney is a target man given his low height and his speed. He is more suited to playing a deep-lying forward role since he has strength, pace, and creativity.

Do Hernandez as poacher and play Rooney/Babacar change them etc...
Complete forward - Support on them worked very well for me