craiigman

Reaction score
Squad:

L7Tre8h.png

I'm thinking 4312 as I want an attacking mid as well. Reason I want two strikers is that Rodrigo and Fierro (not in the screenshot) will both benefit from this and having Giroud and Berbatov (And in the summer Lewandowski) as the other striker it makes sense.

Having Wilshere, Santi and Eriksen available for the CAM role is also great. Wilshere and Santi can both play CM.

However I'm not too sure on if my full backs are right for this formation? I guess Santon and Carvajal would be? And also not sure on the midfield 3. If I play this:

1EvEuyS.png

Though I feel like the right side is all attacking, so maybe switch which full back is on attack? I could also put Wilshere where Arteta is. From what I've read though the LCM and RCM should really be B2B? So this might not be good for me?

But looking at getting a 2 up top formation working so I can get more from Rodrigo and start using Fierro. Might think about a 352/532 whatever way you look at it? Unless you think this 4312 might work?

Moved to tactical discussion board.

You have enough width in your team with wingers and attacking midfielders to be utilised out there, instead of providing it through your full backs. I'd advise against it. If you're to play two up top, perhaps a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 would be more suffice.

You have enough width in your team with wingers and attacking midfielders to be utilised out there, instead of providing it through your full backs. I'd advise against it. If you're to play two up top, perhaps a 4-4-2 or 4-2-4 would be more suffice.

I've got a 442 direct that I use for when I play big games. I could try a 424, but surely too attacking? Would leak goals at the back with that?

I've got a 442 direct that I use for when I play big games. I could try a 424, but surely too attacking? Would leak goals at the back with that?

Not necessarily. It can a little stretching, but can still be effective defensively. It falls back into a 4-4-2 formation when playing behind the ball.

I play 4-2-4 in home games against everyone but the top 6 and I do we'll with it, only in my 3rd season with Birmingham aswell. I then have a cm and dlp both set to defend, and I use wingbacks but I still don't concede that many