TheWriter

Reaction score
Welcome to TW's Adventures!

The Aim:
As with any football manager player, my aim is to win, and to enjoy doing so. My adventures in this thread are going to be something else, I'd like to think. I'm going to attempt to do everything you can in FM basically. Win every Cup, win every title, destroy every league, beat every opposition. How far I get through is going to be interesting, but I'm hoping that I can at least be looking at enough time to get the Hero achievements. As a result...

The Starting Club:

View attachment 441672
Racing Santander

Racing Santander, it's fair to say, have not enjoyed the greatest 2 years of their, or any other team's history. With 2 straight relegations and a debt of ?32,000,000, things haven't been going to plan.

They do, however, have a strong side, though many of the players have been on the two tier tumble with them, and so are very low on morale. This is where I come in.

It's a bit simple, it seems, for the start of such a big career with high potential, but Racing Santander is just the job that I want right at the start of a journeyman career.

I'm hoping that in the first season we will win the title. We will, I know, lose a few players who want to leave because of the team's poor showings, but I'm hoping that we can fight against that and sign some good players, if able to afford it, and climb back up into the Liga Adelante, and from there, we'll look to have a 2-3 season spell, seeking good cup runs and play-offs before trying to get into the big time.

Of course, it would be nice to get back-to-back promotions, but I'm not sure that the finances would allow me to make good enough signings to keep us up there. However, we shall see where the flowing tides of FM take us!

It's also the clubs centenary year, so I'll be hoping to make a big impact for the fans out there, praying that the impact is positive.

And so, let it begin!

Last edited:
GL with this, I had a Racing Santander story on FM13, Nice club to start with.

Season #001
Racing All The Way

Results

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Comments
I'm very satisfied with the way my first season went. We demolished the league with over 90 points, beating the former record by 15 points, a massive winning margin too which saw us win the league with 6 games still left to play. The defeats in the league were quite confusing in honesty, we should probably have won most of them, or at least drawn, but I'm not one to look back in anger.

Jorge Galan was the best ?75,000 I think I could have spent. A cracking year, but only managing second in the scoring charts with Oviedo's Diego Cervero going nuts and scoring 35, 4 more than our Jorge. It was still something special for us from the new signing and I'm hoping that he can score at least half of what he did in the Liga Adelante next season!

I'm looking forwards to the challenge of the new division. I'm certainly not expecting us to be winning the title next year but I'm definitely expecting to have a satisfying mid-table to top-half finish. We've got the players to do it, we just don't have the money.

Our finances have deteriorated with the loan repayments and so we are currently stood on -?3,000,000 in balance, something which we'll probably need a loan to resolve, and when loans are causing this issue, I can't really see it being an arbitrary task trying to keep us afloat.

I've enjoyed this season, and have signed a new 3 year deal, keeping me with Racing until 2017. I don't know what my intentions are, but if a big club come knocking, it'll be too good to refuse, but I don't think I'd settle for just anyone, even if they are in the La Liga. This is, of course, all based on the assumption that I may get offered a job next year. But who knows. A man can dream, right?

Season #002
Unexpected Expectations

Results

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Comments
Well that was quite the season we had there! We stormed the league in the end, it was close going into Christmas, but we were top, and that's where we remained staying top for all but 9 match days, quite the achievement in my opinion! We had a tricky spell in the middle of the season with a few very good opponents and we had that at the end, but we made it look a lot easier towards the back end of the season with some quite comfortable wins, surprisingly comfortable!

Those 75,000 big ones are looking less and less each game with Galan continuing to dominate opponents, another magnificent effort this season has seen him become the most scoring player in Racing Santander history! Not much of an achievement considering he only had to score 69 to beat the previous tally, but nonetheless, to do so in 2 seasons and at just 26 years old...I just can't wait for him to hit his "prime"!

Alex Cruz and Lago Junior were 2 very good signings in my opinion, both having roles which were important to our ascent to the top tier of Spanish football. Jose Naya is a 17-finishing striker who I brought in for back up, however, he's already getting itchy feet, what happens when Galan goes galavanting off stealing the thunder of the team! I'll hope to keep him next season, he should be useful to our plans!

The La Liga now awaits after just 2 seasons in the job. It's a daunting task. I've become a "Spanish Hero" but I'm not gonna let that go to my head, I know how tough this task is going to be. I'll aim for 15th in our first season, but I will settle for a little less, as long as we aren't relegated. We've come this far with just a few signings, and splashing minimal cash. We're looking bleak financially still, but we're looking solid on the pitch, and that's what matters.

Next year we are definitely going to be looking at a decent cup run, we failed that this year and that meant that the board had something to moan about, despite describing me as "untouchable". It's going to be an interesting season next year, but a Cup run would aid the finances a lot and also help me to know how good we are as a team over two legs against decent opposition. Whether I am able to sign anybody of note will be a different matter. The team is nowhere near stale, but I'm afraid that these guys aren't good enough. Heck, 2 seasons ago they were in the 3rd tier, now they're top tier. It's going to be intriguing, that's one word for it at least.

And so it begins. La Liga, here we come!

Great two seasons there, won't be long before some clubs of higher stature, particularly in Spain, take notice of what you are achieving.

Season #003
Down

Results

League Table

Squad

Transfers

Comments
I have absolutely no idea what just happened. An appalling season for which I take most of the blame. In my defence, I attempted to change the tactics as much as possible to just get a run of performances going but it just never happened and we never looked like a La Liga side, let alone a comfortable one. Despite this, we had stayed clear of relegation places all season until the final 2, very disappointing as I thought we would manage much better than this.

I'm heavily considering resigning. Half of the team want out and I'm half expecting to be ousted on my every press of continue. I'm not so sure what will happen next.

I guess that's all part of the "fun"...

Season #004
Year Out

News
View attachment 441552
So I decided to resign from my position at Racing Santander after a woeful season last time around and went about finding myself a new job. Now, I stupidly expected it to be relatively simple...it wasn't. But, in the end, I bagged myself a job. A whole year later...

View attachment 441550
The start of the new season is around just over a month away and I cannot wait to get started with Redditch! I know that this is going to be a far greater challenge than Spain, for one Redditch have just come up, let alone the fact that they have no history, money or anything much else going for them. They do, however, have a manager with La Liga experience and has 2 promotions under their belt. Me.

I'm looking forwards to what will hopefully be a good year, their first season after promotion, but I'm hoping for mid-table to top-half by the end of the season! Fingers crossed, here we go!​

Season #005
Again

League Table
View attachment 441500

Comments

A season to never be remembered for me and for Redditch. What I dreamt to be glory turned out to be full of turmoil and disappointment. At one point we were 7th and looking like real contenders, but suddenlt our steaming train lost it's grip on the tracks and it was a runaway train downhill from then on out. We had a chance to survive on the final day but even if we'd of won (we drew 0-0 with Leamington), we would have been down, on goal difference. Now it's a case of picking myself up, dusting myself off, and trying to find someone to take me on after that MARE of a season...Fingers crossed...and toes...and everything else