Tyke19

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, i've been wanting to make a 442 now for a while so thought i would go for it and make a save with Everton, it plays really nice attacking football and is fairly solid at the back, i have only tested it with Everton.

The Tactic

View attachment 325634

As you can see it is a straight 442, i tested different roles for most positions and found that these roles work best, you could possibly change Poacher to Advanced Forward, i found that Berahino who played in that position scored more as a striker.

Other screenshots, Fixtures, Match Stats, League Table
View attachment 325632View attachment 325631View attachment 325630View attachment 325629View attachment 325628View attachment 325627View attachment 325626

Training and opposition instructions

Pre Season.. Fitness - Light & Match Tactics (40% match prep)
Season.. Whatever you feel best and Defensive positioning 30% match prep
Individual training - set to their positions, all duties apart from center backs who just need to defend.

I leave opposition instructions to my assistant manager

More about the tactic

This isn't a possession based tactic, the opponent might have more shots than you and more possession in a match, it is very strong on the counter and i've got to say i'm really happy with how it plays, plus, strikers score!!

Please test and give me feedback :)

TACTIC DOWNLOAD

View attachment 325614

Jermain Defoe as top goal scorer. XD

Will have to give it a go. Been looking for a solid 442 formation.

Let me know how you get on please post screenshots :)

Wait, you managed to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phil Jones, Ben Foster, Clyne, Berahino, Johnson, Ward Prowse, Walker, Downing & Caulker before xmas?? and Defoe.

nice work.. great england team. Will try with my england game (the tactic) later on.

Last edited:
Wait, you managed to buy Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phil Jones, Ben Foster, Clyne, Berahino, Johnson, Ward Prowse, Walker, Downing & Caulker before xmas?? and Defoe.

nice work.. great england team. Will try with my england game (the tactic) later on.

I went on the editor before i started the game, got rid of any player not english and put a few players in there, signed some and put the likes of Johnson, Defoe Oxlade and Downing in their before hand, i did it fairly, i didn't want to give me myself the best side obviously there's no point, so i swapped players for the same level of players and potential ie Lukaku for Jones, Coleman for Walker, etc etc

Let me know how you get on :)

I went on the editor before i started the game, got rid of any player not english and put a few players in there, signed some and put the likes of Johnson, Defoe Oxlade and Downing in their before hand, i did it fairly, i didn't want to give me myself the best side obviously there's no point, so i swapped players for the same level of players and potential ie Lukaku for Jones, Coleman for Walker, etc etc

Let me know how you get on :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't take a tactic seriously when you've done this to your squad