Tyler Berry

Reaction score
View attachment 331338
Berwick Rangers hire Tyler Berry.

The rookie manager, today took on the challenge of the Scottish Division 3 side. Berwick Rangers are predicted 6th and were established in 1881, and are nicknamed 'The Borderers', they are a semi-professional team.

OK guys i'm going to look at making a real go of these, updating every 3 months, would really appreciate the likes and comments!

Pre-Season

Okay, so I designed 3 tactics for the season,

Tactic A: Possession football.

It's meant to win games in style, i'm trying to build the club into a dominating force, and I want to start how i mean to go on.
View attachment 331347View attachment 331348

Tactic B: Attacking football I used this tactic with spurs , for a massive success. However it's not the style i want to use at the moment, but it is very destructive.

View attachment 331351View attachment 331352

Tactic C: Designed for counter-attacking teams that are far better than me. I've not used this yet, but i might have to at some points. However it's mostly just a precaution.
View attachment 331353View attachment 331354

Transfers In :

View attachment 331357View attachment 331358View attachment 331359View attachment 331360View attachment 331361

1: Dean Cummings

I intend on using him in the advanced playmaker role, or as a deep lying playmaker, which is good with his 13 tackling and passing

2:Kieran McAleenan

This guy is my first choice wide player, i signed him off a lower league team for free.

3: Steven Dods

This guy is great. At only 16, he can grow with the club, and he has good pace and finishing, and he's only on £5 a week!

4: Paul Kane

Another class striker, he has reasonably good pace, but also has a decent aerial threat.

5: Jamie McGuiness

This is another youngster, although he's got reasonable heading , marking and tackling , his 13 jumping was the clincher. He'll probably only be backup, but he is only £5 a week too (youth contract)

Pre-Season fixtures
Berwick 0 v Livingston 0

We actually had more shots against the team 2 divisions above us (Scottish first division). However we both only had one on target, and the result seemed fair.

Berwick 0 v Forfar 0

Another division 1 outfit, another goal-less draw. Because of their standing, i don't think we can really complain, and we weren't outclassed.

Berwick 3 v Shotts BA 0
Currie (2)
Lavery

I don't know who these guys are, but i'm presuming they are a lower scottish team. We outclassed them, convincingly.

Berwick 2 v Brechin 2
Cummings (2)

Against another higher division team, this is a good result for us.

Sorry for the long update, but it's the whole pre-season, tactics and transfers:)

The first 1/4!

Berwick 2 v East Stirlingshire 2 (4-5 pens)

Damien Geilty (2)

We started the campaign against East Stirlingshire in the 'Challenge cup', they were expected to struggle in our league, however due to fatigue i had to play some weaker players. We took them to pens, where we lost 5-4 which was quite unfortunate.

Berwick 1 v Livingston 2 (AET)
Kane

We then faced Livingston in the league cup, a side we draw 0-0 with in a friendly, i played on counter , and we took them to extra time, which was a decent result. However we were out of 2 cups.

Berwick 3 v Queen's Park 0
Dods
Currie
Mclaren

We took on Queen's park, who i believe are currently 2nd IRL . We won convincingly, and Dods scored his first goal.

Berwick 0 v Stirling 3

This really wasn't a fair reflection. We had more shots (10-6) but they had 3 highlights, and scored from all 3. Fairly dissappointing.

Berwick 1 v Clyde 1
Dods

We had 12 shots, and 57% possesion, to their 4 shots. Was gutted not to win :(

Berwick 1 v Annan 0
McLaren

We were comfortable, and they never really threatened , so a nice 3 pts.

My player of the month (August) :
Dods
View attachment 331399

Berwick 2 v Elgin 3
Brydon
Cummings

A close game, which we did just edge on stats, but lost in the end. Pretty gutted after this one.

Montrose 4 v Berwick 2
Cummings
Hoskins

We were 2-1 up here, with a Cummings great goal, and a Hoskins penalty, but they scored 3 in the last 15 :(

Edinburgh University 1 v Berwick 1
Easton

As always on FM one bad result follows onto another so easily. You end up on a terrible run. We should've battered these.

Berwick 3(AET) v Edinburgh University 2
Dods
Gielty
Currie

We nearly crashed and burned in the Scottish cup, but Currie saved us in extra time. We were actually 2-0 up in this one aswell.

Berwick 4 v East Stirlingshire 4
Easton 2
McLaren
Lavery

Shocking result, these only had 1 point from 7. How we conceded 4 i have no idea. Might swap away the Barca tactic, it's not working well as i'd hoped.

Peterhead 3 v Berwick 1
Currie

The bad form continues, uh oh.

Queens park 3 v Berwick 0

The team i started the season against, beating so convincingly demoted me to 8th place. Gutting stuff, defo need a tactic change, will look to after Rangers.

Rangers 4 v Berwick 1

This was 1-1 for the first hour, they scored in the 78th minute, so i went 'Gung-Ho' for an equaliser, and ended up conceding 2 more.

Really couldn't pick a player of the month, we were shocking.

This isn't a great start, 10 games in and at the end of september, in the next update, I changed my tactic from possession football, to tactic B, and saw a change, coming soon.

All feedback is appreciated.

Okay so i started this a while ago, First season wasn't worth blogging, but i'll do a quick summary now i'm 3 and a half seasons in.

SEASON 1

Season 1:
League
View attachment 338501

We finished 6th, but only 3 points off the play-offs. We also beat Rangers in the last game;) I used the 4-2-3-1 tactic for the majority of the season.

In the cups, the only thing worth mentioning is we made 4th round in the Scottish, however we went out to first division side Falkirk.

Here are a list of the transfers i made

View attachment 338502

Dean Cummings:

This guys an absolute star. 13 passing and 13 tackling means i can employ him as either an advanced playmaker or a ball-winner.

Kieran McAleenan:
He was a good winger for this level. Nothing spectacular though.

Steven Dods:
A great prospect, however he was last choice to Paul Kane, Lavery and Easton who was already there.

Jamie McGuiness:
3rd choice CB to already present Brydon and Mclean. He was okay.

Mark Moffat:
Another CB, signed at the very end.

Paul Kane:
Showed signs of quality, up there with Lavery and Easton.

My player of the season was Douglas Brydon. 35 appearances, average rating of 7.25.
View attachment 338503

Season 2 coming soon.

I love Berwick because unless I'm mistaken I ran out onto the stadium and played football in one of the goals with a few mates once. Could you post Berwick's real-life stadium so I can see?

SEASON 2

Season 2

Transfers

View attachment 338581

I let go of 2 CB's at the start of the year (McLean and Townsley) to bring in two new CB's Bradley and John Ovenstone. Ovenstone was awesome in the air , with 16 heading and 13 jumping. He and Brydon formed the solid centre-halves that would dominate the league. I also brought in David Anderson, as a back up playmaker . he's 15 passing was a class above this level. However he was getting old, so could not start regularly. He made 24 apps woith an average rating of 7.49. I also brought in Laidlaw, as Brown wasn't amazing at this level, and Laidlaw would be decent in division 2. Ashgar was a winger i brought in as i replacement for Gielty. Mostly because his 13 pace was irresistible. It also gave me 4 good wingers with Thompson, McLaren and McAleenan also. Halkett was the final signing, this gave me Kane, Dods, Lavery and Halkett. I thought he'd make more of an impact than he did, with 12 pace and 12 finishing.

League
Having finished 6th the year before, this year i really wanted promotion. We were more than good enough in terms of quality. We now had in my opinion a solid starting 11.
GK: Laidlaw
RB: Jacobs
CB: Brydon
CB: Ovenstone
LB: Hoskins
AP: Cummings/Andersen
BWM: Notman
RW: Ashgar/McLaren
CAM: Easton/Cummings
LW: Thompson/McAleenan
ST: Kane/Lavery
View attachment 338582
We won the lead convincingly, and nearly beat Rangers record of goals scored, they had scored 91 in the previous season, and we finished on 90.

Player of the season
Paul Kane
22 Goals in 30 games
View attachment 338583

Season 3 soon and division 2!

SEASON 3

Season 3
Transfers

I didn't make many changes to the team that had ripped up division 3. I released Jarosiewicz, after just one season as he never really challenged for a cm spot, and instead brought in Halsman, as a competent division 2 player. I also released McLaren, he was a Berwick original, and boasted 13 pace, but he wasn't effective enough out wide with 8 dribbling and 5 crossing. I replaced him with Keast, 11 crossing, 11 dribbling , 12 pace and 12 acceleration. I immediately trained him to play on either wing. I also brought in *** as he could play anywhere across my attacking 4, with 13 pace, 9 crossing and 10 dribbling. Lastly i brought in MacPhee, he had 13 crossing, 13 dribbling, 12 tackling and 10 marking. Although he had 10 pace, he had 6 acceleration which let him down, but still a solid LB. I wasn't sure who i'd start out of him and Berwick original, Hoskins.

We lost on the last day of the season, which caused us to narrowly miss out on the play-offs despite domininating in the late stages of the season. With a few minor changes, i was confident we could go up next year.

Cups
I forgot todo cups last time. The highlight last year was making the Challenge cup (SD1-SD3) semi final, against Rangers (who went on to win it), when we lost 2-1 in a great game. This year we got to the semi's again , but faced a newly relegated from the premier division Dundee team where we lost 2-1 AET. We made the Scottish cup 4th round too, but lost to Inverness.

Player of the season
John Ovenstone
View attachment 338601
Solid as ever he boasted a 7.50 average over 35 apps.​

Season 4

Transfers
View attachment 339086
Ross Still:
Still is a young centre-back, who poses a huge aerial threat with 15 jumping and 12 heading. He also has 14 marking, and 11 pace, but only 9 tackling. He can be play RB but he lacks crossing and dribbling, although he has played well there.

Connor Rennie:
Maybe my best signing so far. Employed as an advanced playmaker, he's good on the ball, his 11 pace and 11 dribbling allow him to run at the defence and wreak havoc, a quality midfielder.

Michael Travis:
Signed from Arbroath who got relegated, he has 12 heading, 13 marking and 13 tackling. He's not always made the first team however, against the likes of Still , McMillan , Brydon and Ovenstone, but he's featuring more regularly.

Ross McMillan:
A waste of wage really. He rarely featured , despite his impressive 14 heading.

Scott Gray:
In the formation I play, wingers are vital. Gray has 12 dribbling , crossing and 13 pace and acceleration. However he has weak strength. Often became regularly rotated in for Thompson.

Jon Scullion:
I signed Jon at the end of the year. Although I didn't really need another striker, he was too good a player to pass up.

In terms of exits, Bradley was released as a rarely used CB, Andersen retired despite my attempts to keep him. McAleenan i felt wasn't good enough anymore, and I was reluctant to start Lavery ahead of Kane or the youngster Dods. Finally Lee Currie (an original) left, he hardly played anymore.

Unfortunately I had a bad spell at the end of the season, losing to Alloa, Ayr and drawing to Dumbarton. Then on the last day losing to Queen of the South. This saw me enter the play-off's where i outclassed Cowdenbeath 2-0, then 2-1. However in the final against Division 1 Morton , I lost 1-0 at their place, but couldn't win at my ground, leaving me still in Division 2. Also you can see, Still and Rennie had the best rating in the leagues and Dods who was my first ever signing , broke into the starting line-up and banged in 17 goals. He's still only 19.

Player of the Season
Connor Rennie
View attachment 339091

Although this could've easily been Dods, Rennie was class to watch week in week out. In 28 apps, he got 5 goals, 9 assists and 5 PoM's. He was also the fan's player of the year, and inducted into the best 11.

I'm now in Season 5. Will update in December