UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

July 2018

European football returns to Belfield Bowl for another year and our run to the title continues.

1071869d1471014109-u-c-d-first-day-school-ipl.png

Cork City 3-2 U.C.D.
Sheehan 33'
Connolly 44'
Ireland 58'
Maguire 76'
O'Connor 90+1'

A disappointing result considering we were 2-1 up and eventually went down to an added time winner

U.C.D. 2-0 Bray Wanderers
Ireland 25'
O'Hanlon 47'

Happy with the lads today as this one came in between two Europa League qualifiers and it would have easy to drop points as we had to travel to Slovakia, back to Dublin and then to Israel, playing three games in six days in the process

Longford 0-2 U.C.D.
Murphy 27'
Burke 56'

We continue on our merry way in the league picking up points against a team we should be beating amongst the pressure of European fixtures

Derry City 1-2 U.C.D.
Ireland 19'
Burke 22'
Turner 67'
Youngster Aaron O'Driscoll gets two assists and the player of the match award in a good team effort

League Table

View attachment 126822

Three wins and a loss this month as we keep pace with Shamrock Rovers, six points behind with a game in hand. Makes the Cork City loss all the much harder to make but I can hardly complain about two losses in twenty league games considering where we were three years ago

1077732d1467132714-u-c-d-first-day-school-uefa_europa_league_logo_20152018.png

Europa League First Qualifying Round

U.C.D. 2-0 FK Senica
Ireland 29'
Burke 68'

We received a much easier draw than this time last year against Slovakian minnows FK Senica and we took full advantage getting two goals and not conceding any away goals

FK Senica 1-2 U.C.D
Burke 24'
O'Hanlon 42'
Mikulanin 52'
Two first half away goals allow us to cruise through the rest of this tie

Europa League Second Qualifying Round

Hapoel Be'er-Sheva 1-2 U.C.D
Rosenzweig 12'
Kavanagh 30'
Murphy 73'

Despite left back Alan Sheehan getting sent off for a horror tackle in the 6th minute and Hapoel scoring in the 12th we managed to get down the other end and create some chances. This was a resolute defensive display combined with a great counter attacking threat

U.C.D. 0-0 Hapoel Be'er-Sheva
We did the business in the second leg controlling this one as they only managed one shot on target

Transfer Window

View attachment 126819

I've taken the unusual step of posting my July transfer window signings with the ones I signed throughout the rest of the season. Once again it opened with a lot of experienced Irishmen wanting to come home. I may have gone a little overboard but with the players that were on offer its hard to turn down their quality. I've decided that this is my main transfer window from now on and I will use the end of season one to pick up one or two better players from the Irish leagues. With big players like Daryl Murphy, Eoin Doyle, Kevin Foley, Richie Towell, Jack Byrne, James McClean and Andrew and Richard Keogh I've added a ton of international experience which should see us mount a title challenge

Last edited:
UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

August 2018

Our European adventure ends for another season against a familiar foe and our impressive league form continues giving us hope of a title challenge

U.C.D. 3-0 Galway Utd
Gibson 27' & 38'
Wilkinson 30'
Three first half goals allow us to cruise through this one after bowing out of Europe the game before

U.C.D.
2-0
Bohemians
Wilkinson 9'
Best 69'

A fantastic result against another top five team. Conor Wilkinson has made a great start to his career scoring in both of his first two league games

Shelbourne 2-3 U.C.D.
Burke 1'
Kehoe (OG) 12'
O'Hanlon 22'
Walshe 43'
Traynor 74'

Burke's early goal ensured we would have a good day despite conceding two goals

St Pat's Athletic
0-3 U.C.D.
Cleary 5' & 30'
Doyle 38'

A really excellent result and display away from home to end our 100% month in the league

League Table

View attachment 126681

Two games in hand and four points behind Shamrock Rovers with nine games to go. Our good performances have left it in our own hands with games at home to both Shamrock Rovers and Cork City to come

View attachment 1079264

Europa League Third Qualifying Round

Girondins de Bordeaux
2-1 U.C.D
Boyer 41'
Gibson 49'
Certain 51'

Very unlucky to come away from a defeat here as we shaded the possession and shots. At least we got an away goal to help us in the second leg

U.C.D.
0-2 Girondins de Bordeaux
Cavenaghi 55'
Zakuani 69'

We never showed up this leg. After conceding the first we threw men forward knowing we needed two but weren't able to put a dent in as they sat on the counter
1074000d1469968890-u-c-d-first-day-school-fai_cup_irish_daily_mail.jpg

Senior Challenge Cup Third Round

Castlebar
0-3 U.C.D.
Akinade 5' & 70'
Doyle 39'

A simple result against lower league opposition that allowed us to rotate a bit
View attachment 126671
EA Sports Cup Semi Final

Shelbourne 1-2 U.C.D.
Swan 18'
Murphy 40'
Gibson 67'
Despite going a goal down to a former player and having winger Akinade sent off not long after we manage to make it through to another final!

Last edited:
UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

September 2018

Six wins this month as we are within touching distance of our first title and another cup final awaits...

U.C.D.
2-0
Shamrock Rovers
Doyle 11'
O'Connor 90+2'

A massive three points against our title challengers that puts us in pole position

Dundalk 2-3 U.C.D.
Gartland (OG) 1'
Boyle 21'
O'Connor 41'

Doyle 53'
Burke 81'

Another incredible result away from home. I thought we were done after being 2-1 down at half time but a spirited fightback lead by new striker Eoin Doyle

Sligo Rovers 0-2 U.C.D.
Ireland 4'
Doyle 76'

Our momentum continues in this one as Sligo Rovers are the latest team to be dispatched on our road to glory

Bray Wanderers
1-1 U.C.D.
Ellis 35'
Stokes 68'
A rather disappointing result considering the teams we had beaten so far this month

League Table

View attachment 126554

Our title chances are looking very good at the stage with a three point lead and a game in hand with three games to go

Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Final

U.C.D.
2-1
St Pat's Athletic
Doyle 12'
O'Driscoll 40'
Kearns 78'

Passage through to the semi final is assured despite a late goal that caused a few nervy moments. Eoin Doyle continued his rich vein of scoring since he joined with one here taking his tally this month to four
View attachment 126551
EA Sports Cup Final

U.C.D. 1-0 Dundalk
Murphy 3'
This was our third final against Dundalk in the past 12 months and we finally got one over on our fast becoming rivals. Daryl Murphy scored one very early on and we hung on to that lead for 87 minutes as Dundalk did their best to try and equalise but our defence held strong bringing back our third trophy since taking over!

Last edited:
UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

October 2018

Our run to the title reaches it's climax and another cup final awaits us?

U.C.D. 3-0 Cork City
Doyle 38' & 81'
Burke 78'

A massive result against one of our title rivals puts us in the box seat. Eoin Doyle continues his rich vein of form with another two goals

U.C.D. 1-0 Longford
Towell 3'

An early Richie Towell strike is enough to see us past a struggling Longford

Galway Utd
0-3 U.C.D.
A.Stokes 32'
Burke 67'
Ireland 90+2'
Another good result keeps our momentum going as we stride closer to our first ever title

U.C.D.3-0 Shelbourne
Doyle 5' 7' 80'
An incredible individual performance from Eoin Doyle seals our first ever Irish Premier League trophy!!!! In only my fourth season I have turned a semi professional First Division side into the champions of Ireland. The other bonus to all of this is we get our first ever run at the Champions League qualifiers

U.C.D.3-0 Derry City
Stokes 12' & Pen 30'
Wilkinson 73'
We bring our successful league campaign to an end with another three goals and clean sheet

League Table

View attachment 126509

Confirmation of our league title that in the end seems a lot more comfortable than what it was at the time as Shamrock Rovers dropped points in the last couple of games to open up the final gap to eight points and a goal difference of 48. Dundalk were the massive surprises this season falling to fourth place an incredible 18 points behind

Senior Challenge Cup Semi Final

Shamrock Rovers
1-2 U.C.D.
Clarke 5'
O'Connor 52'
Best 82'

Despite an early goal against us from our former homegrown talent Dean Clarke we came back in the second half and managed to get through to another final!

Senior Challenge Cup Final

U.C.D. 5-0 Shelbourne
Burke 15'
Wilkinson 24' & 72'
Stokes 25' & (Pen) 38'

A little less dramatic than last season's final as we storm to another trophy thanks to four first half goals. This one completed our treble as we've had a season that I would never have expected to happen this soon!

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

End of Season 2018

"U.C.D. had been expected to make much of the Premier Division title running and lived up to their pre-season billing by finishing top of the pile.'' - FourFourTwo

End of Season Confidence- Very Secure

Competitions

Irish Premier League
- Champions
Irish Senior Challenge Cup - Champions
Irish League Cup - Champions
Irish Leinster Senior Cup - Quarter Final
Irish President's Cup - Runner Up
Europa League -
Third Qualifying Round

Awards

Fan's Player of the Season
- John Kavanagh (DR)
Goal of the Season - Graham Burke (AMR)
Young Player of the Season - John Kavanagh (DR)

Team of the Season

View attachment 126475

Top Goalscorer - Ciaran Kilduff (13 Goals)
Highest Average Rating - John Kavanagh (7.79)
Most Assists - John Kavanagh (15 Assists)
Most Player of the Match - John Kavanagh (6 PoM)
Average Attendance - 934
Highest Attendance - 2,692 (vs Shamrock Rovers, Irish Premier League)
Total Players Used - 38 (Highest in Premier League)
Biggest Win - 5-0 (vs Shelbourne Irish Senior Challenge Cup Final)
Most Games Won in a Row - 10 (13th August 2018 to 25th September 2018)
Finances - -£124,653

Irish Premier League

Winner -
U.C.D.
Europa League -
Shamrock Rovers,
Cork City, Dundalk
Relegated - Longford, Shelbourne

Irish First Division

Winner -
Limerick F.C.
Promoted - Waterford United

Bottom -
Athlone Town
Irish Senior Challenge Cup Winner - U.C.D.
Irish League Cup Winner -
U.C.D.
I
rish Munster Senior Cup Winner -
Limerick F.C.
Irish Leinster Senior Cup Winner - Dundalk
Irish President's Cup Winner - Dundalk

An absolutely incredible season on all fronts, clinching our first ever Premier League trophy, retaining our Challenge Cup title and adding to it our first ever League Cup aswell completing a remarkable treble! I never envisioned that this would happen so quickly but I've been lucky with the players I've been able to recruit and the general morale of the squad despite so many changes year on year. We now get a crack at Champions League football and it will be interesting to see if we can make that step up again and capitalise on the money available as at the present moment financially we are struggling and it's predicted to only get worse. The players we've signed halfway through this season have been incredible and with a full pre-season under their belts I'm expecting players like Eoin Doyle, Richie Towell, James McClean and my personal favourite Jack Byrne to kick on and make us a real force for years to come.

Well done on the title :D
Things are really starting to shape up.
Keep up the great work...been following from the start and will continue to do so!

Well done on the title :D
Things are really starting to shape up.
Keep up the great work...been following from the start and will continue to do so!

Thank you.

I feel like this was the season that has put us over the top of the hill. I'm hoping that the next will see us win more comfortably and we can get a run into either European group stages so financially we'll be on a better footing and I can start to improve the club.

I appreciate you following this, good to see someone else is enjoying this

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

Pre Season 2019

Media Prediction
After last seasons exploits we've justifiably been made outright favourites to retain our title. Everyone knows how difficult it is to follow up a title winning season as everyone else will be itching to get a result against us

Season Tickets
Another dozen or so extra season ticket holders this season taking us to 139 overall. I really believe this part of FM is unrealistic as i would have thought that a team based in a capital city would start to attract more season ticket holders per season considering the success we've had to date

Facilities
No change to our facilities over the past twelve months

Transfers

View attachment 126447
Only the three incoming players this pre season as a lot of deadwood departs after either not impressing or no longer being of the standard required as we look to push through to the next level. Alex O'Hanlon was a great pick up on a free from Bohemians as he's one of the better players in the league but showing how good our squad is, especially our depth in centre midfield he's only considered a rotational player

Pre Season Friendlies

Only six friendlies this pre season as our commitments in the Leinster Senior Cup and President's Cup shorten our preparation for the new season

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

February/March 2019

A new season gets underway and with it a renewed sense of confidence that we can push on from last year. A mixed month indicates that it won't be all smooth sailing

Shamrock Rovers 1-1 U.C.D.
Doyle 26'
Davis 54'
We start the new league campaign away to another title hopeful and leave with a share of the points. Eoin Doyle continues on from where he left off opening his IPL account

Dundalk 3-1 U.C.D.
Doyle 5'
McDermott 29'
Murphy 31'
Horgan 53'

We were absolutely torn apart by Dundalk who were clearly upset at having their title taken away from them. Our first reality check on our way to mounting our defence

U.C.D. 2-0
Bohemians
Doyle 9'
McClean 22'

Our first three points of the season to kick start our title defence

U.C.D. 4-0 Limerick F.C.
Doyle 10' & 23'
Curry (OG) 27'
Burke 43'
Limerick are the latest team to fall by the wayside to Eoin Doyle's scoring prowess as he bags two to take his monthly total to eight in all competitions

League Table

View attachment 126438

Three points behind already courtesy of that loss to Dundalk. Even though it's early on I think this shows that the title will be decided mainly on how the results against the top teams pan out

1071043d1470593153-u-c-d-first-day-school-leinster.jpg

Leinster Senior Cup Fourth Round

Crumlin Utd
0-7 U.C.D.
Gibson 17'
Towell 23'
Doyle 48' 77' & 89'
O'Hanlon 72'
Griffin 81'

Our biggest ever win against lower league opposition as our strongest XI show what we are capable of at our best

Leinster Senior Cup Quarter Final

U.C.D.
0p-0 Bohemians
We scrape through in the first of back to back games against Bohemians after prevailing 3-2 on penalties
View attachment 126437
EA Sports Cup First Round

Shamrock Rovers 4-0 U.C.D.
Clarke 34'
Drennan 62'& 90+1'
Miele 76'

Seven changes and it shows as the defence of our League Cup is over at the first hurdle

1078858d1474743141-u-c-d-first-day-school-fai.png

Irish President's Cup

U.C.D.
p1-1 Shamrock Rovers
Webster 71'
Keogh 88'
After being beaten on penalties by Dundalk last season it was only fitting that we won this year in the same fashion. Striker Andy Keogh took it to extra time late on and we had Rene Gilmartin to thank for saving two of their penalties while we converted all of ours to win it 4-2

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

April 2019

An inconsistent month in the league see's us fall further behind front running Dundalk

Waterford Utd 0-2 U.C.D.
Burke 53'
O'Brien 85'

All three points against newly promoted Waterford with goals from both wingers

U.C.D. 2-2 Bray Wanderers
Gibson 8'
McClean 17'
Gallagher 54' & 68'
A really poor second half collapse as Bray score with their only two shots on target

Sligo Rovers 1-1 U.C.D.
Doyle 9'
Roddan 86'
Gary Boylan's 29th minute sending off ended up coming back to bite us as Sligo equalised late on

Cork City 0-4 U.C.D.
McClean 27'
Doyle 57' & 88'
Lawlor (OG) 62'

We hit back from our last two poor performances with an emphatic away victory as Doyle scores another two

U.C.D. 3-0 Derry City
Doyle 22' & 83'
Towell 51'

Another excellent performance this time at home as Doyle gets two more

U.C.D. 0-1 Galway Utd
Byrne 10'
After two excellent performances I thought we were on our way but that momentum was halted as Galway only had one shot on target and two for the entire game

League Table

View attachment 126377

As you can see our results this month have given unbeaten Dundalk an eight point lead after only eleven games. They will be tough to reel in from here as we're already a third of the way into the season

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

May/June 2019

An excellent two months as we finally hit our straps only drawing one game over the period.

U.C.D. 4-0 St Pat's Athletic
Towell 14'
O'Brien 68' & 71'
O'Hanlon 69'

An excellent start to the month with a big win against another top side.

U.C.D. 4-0
Shamrock Rovers
McClean 20'
O'Brien 57'
Rea 81'
Stokes 84'

Back to back 4-0 wins against fellow top four sides puts down an early marker and gives us some breathing room on the chasing pack

U.C.D.2-1
Dundalk
McClean 2'
Byrne 79'
O'Connor 84'
Three consecutive massive results as we gain more ground on Dundalk after our mixed results earlier in the season. The best part of these games is the spread of goalscorers. We're looking dangerous going forward in multiple positions

Limerick F.C. 0-4 U.C.D.
Gibson (Pen) 2'
A O'Hanlon 11'
A Keogh 36'
Byrne 82'
We're properly in our stride now with four consecutive wins with fourteen goals scored along the way

Bohemians 1-2 U.C.D.
A Keogh 11'
O'Brien 42'
Pifarre 73'
A hard fought away victory as we've had an incredible time of it, playing and beating the other four of the top five sides

U.C.D.
1-1 Waterford Utd
Ramadan 86'
Burke 88'
We got lucky here in a sense scoring straight after they did so late on but as it was their only shot on target I feel a bit aggrieved that we wasted so many chances before then

U.C.D. 2-0 Sligo Rovers
Byrne 16'
O'Brien 45'

Back to winning ways as Jim O'Brien continues his good form since coming into the team on the left wing

Bray Wanderers 0-3 U.C.D.
A Keogh 7' & 8'
Towell 36'
We finish the last two months with another three points and another clean sheet on the road

League Table

View attachment 126289

We claw back some of the points we dropped to Dundalk at the beginning of the season and after the way we've played lately I'm hopeful of catching them up

Senior Challenge Cup Second Round

Limerick F.C. 0-2 U.C.D.
Murphy 50'
Bolger 70'

A good early round performance and some game time given to a few squad players as our defence of the trophy is on track

View attachment 126241

Leinster Senior Cup Semi Final

U.C.D. 3-1 St Pat's Athletic
E Doyle 43'
C Doyle (OG) 52'
Bermingham 61'
Stokes 82'
Progress to the final of the only domestic competition I haven't won yet is assured after beating a St Pat's team with four of my old players

Last edited:
This is great I hope it continues, Been looking for a different challenge so may have to join you in Ireland! keep up the great work :D

This is great I hope it continues, Been looking for a different challenge so may have to join you in Ireland! keep up the great work :D

Thanks I appreciate it. I think Ireland is a great challenge if you're bringing through a First Division side into the Premier League. I reckon there's a lot of reward to doing it and the sky's the limit. I'm thinking of adding a manager and bringing along another team from the First Division. I'd like people's opinions on whether they think it's a good idea or not. As always thanks for following!

that'd be really interesting. be fun to see how far you could take Ireland in terms of league/coefficient as it'd be easier to an extent as you can (hopefully) make two amazing clubs! I'd be keen to see you try

that'd be really interesting. be fun to see how far you could take Ireland in terms of league/coefficient as it'd be easier to an extent as you can (hopefully) make two amazing clubs! I'd be keen to see you try
Thanks I'll take that on board. Looking at the First Division table Limerick F.C. are sitting second bottom of the league and really struggling but have a good base to build on.

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

July 2019

Our month is interrupted by our first ever Champions League campaign and it shows in a couple of league performances. In amongst all of that another transfer window opens and with it comes a few quality players

Derry City 0-4 U.C.D.
O'Brien 7'
Byrne 24'
Towell 37'
E Doyle 59'
Another big result as our spread of firepower is again on show with four different goalscorers giving the opposition nightmares as to where the goals are coming from

U.C.D. 1-0 Cork City
O'Brien 15'
A slender win against a team sliding down the table. This result took us to thirteen games unbeaten in all competitions

St Pat's Athletic 2-2 U.C.D.
Buckley 13' & 58'
Ryan 55'
McGrath 82'

This game fell between two Champions League qualifiers and despite James McClean's second minute red card and a late Jamie McGrath equaliser we got out of this with a draw

Galway Utd 0-0 U.C.D.
Another game that fell between two Champions League qualifiers and with a much changed lineup i was again happy to escape with a point

League Table

View attachment 126208

Our busy month hasn't caused us too much trouble where the league is concerned as Dundalk couldn't take advantage

View attachment 126206

UEFA Champions League Champions Second Qualifying Round

U.C.D. 2-0 FC Red Star Belgrade
A Keogh 43'
McClean 80'

An excellent result at home considering this is our first campaign. No away goals conceded so I'm pretty confident of securing passage to the next round

FC Red Star Belgrade 2-1 U.C.D
Spasojevic 5'
Buckley 17'
Radovanovic 54'
Will Buckley's early away goal was enough for us to progress to the next round where we are drawn against Croatian heavyweights Dinamo Zagreb

UEFA Champions League Champions Third Qualifying Round

U.C.D. 0-0 GNK Dinamo
We weren't able to take advantage of our home ground advantage despite our better share of possession and shots. We have it all to do away from home against a much better side

GNK Dinamo 1-2 U.C.D
Byrne 16'
Brock-Madsen 55'
McClean 79'

Incredible! We travel to Zagreb and not only manage to get an early away goal but re-group when they came at us in the second half, dominating proceedings and getting another goal to ensure we progress to the Champions Playoff and only two games away from the Group Stage!!!

View attachment 126202

Leinster Senior Cup Final

Dundalk 0-1 U.C.D
McClean 40'
Towell 53'
At the very beginning of the month we had our second Leinster Cup Final, the first being back in 2017 where we lost on penalties to Dundalk. We gained some revenge for that day by beating them comfortably 2-0 to give me the final trophy I needed to now have won every domestic trophy possible! This game felt like the beginning in the shift of dominance from Dundalk to ourselves.

Transfer Window

View attachment 126207

I was rather restrained in my dealings this summer, rejecting the chance to sign the older Irish internationals as i feel that we are becoming at better team than that and can attract a younger better class of player and I feel I've done just that in particular with 29 year old winger Will Buckley

Last edited:
UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

August 2019

We slowly reel in Dundalk game by game with another undefeated month and we play our biggest two games in the clubs history in Europe

Shamrock Rovers 0-1 U.C.D.
Buckley 67'
We get our huge month off to a good start with new signing Will Buckley the difference

U.C.D.
3-0
Limerick F.C.
A O'Hanlon 23'
E Doyle 44' & 53'

Eoin Doyle continues his remarkable year of scoring with another double

Dundalk 0-4 U.C.D.
Byrne 9'
E Doyle 41'
L Kinsella 83'
Towell 86'
I mentioned last month that i saw the final win as a shift in dominance and we proved that with this performance against league leaders. It was such a massive game because if we lost or drew then our hopes of winning the league would have been all but over

Waterford Utd
2-3 U.C.D.
Buckley 5'
O'Brien 21'
E Doyle 48'
Cadman 60'
Rocks 66'

We manage to hang on to all three points despite a second half fightback. It was important not to drop points here after our hard work in our last game against Dundalk

League Table

View attachment 126130

Slowly but surely we continue to reel in Dundalk, cutting the deficit to seven points with a game in hand. We'll need Dundalk to slip up a couple more times in the next six games so we'll need to be ready to take advantage if it happens despite us challenging on multiple fronts

View attachment 126129

UEFA Champions League Champions Playoff

U.C.D.
5-2 BATE Borisov
Kovalchuk 10'
McClean 15'
Towell 27' & (Pen) 31'
Buckley 63'
Byrne 73'

Kuratnik (Pen) 90'

When BATE scored early on i feared for the worst as they were an established Champions League side. After that we were totally dominant and could have won by more. I'm a little disappointed with the first and last ten minutes as we have given them a very small opportunity in the return leg

BATE Borisov 1-3 U.C.D
O'Brien 6'
E Doyle 24' & 86'
Kuratnik 27'

Jim O'Briens early goal settled my nerves as we comfortably finish off BATE and make it to the group stages!!!! This is absolutely massive for us as a club as we are now out of debt for the first time and immediately have become a professional club while also improving our youth recruitment, junior coaching and youth and training facilities while increasing the number of coaches, scouts and physios allowed

Senior Challenge Cup Third Round

Sligo Rovers 1-1 U.C.D.
R Keogh 47'
Sweeney (Pen) 89'
We really should have done better with the team we put out and our inability to kill that game off allowed Sligo to score a penalty from a push in the back by our reserve right back Gary Boylan setting up a replay which we really don't need with our already hectic schedule

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

September 2019

Our charge towards back to back titles continues as our first ever Champions League group stage campaign gets underway

Sligo Rovers 0-3 U.C.D.
Griffin 6'
Burke 30' & 40'

A straight forward away result against a struggling Sligo

U.C.D. 2-0 Bray Wanderers
Doyle 11'
Daly (OG) 19'

We continue our run of 25 games undefeated in the league with another clean sheet

U.C.D.
2-1 Bohemians
E Doyle 37'
Gaffney 48'
Griffin 65'

We keep the pressure on Dundalk with another three points

U.C.D. 1-0 Derry City
Rea 19'
Our month in the league concludes with another clean sheet as we've only conceded 16 goals in 30 games this season and we still might not win the league!

League Table

View attachment 126095

This looks as though it's going to go down to the wire as Dundalk drop another three points leaving it to a one point gap with only three games remaining however I have a far superior goal difference

View attachment 126092

UEFA Champions League Group Stage F

Real Madrid C.F.
FC Bayern Munchen
CSKA Moskva
U.C.D.

Matchday One

Real Madrid C.F. 1-0
U.C.D.
Benzema 90+3'
What a start! Although we lost and Madrid dominated I'm a little bit disappointed to concede with basically the last kick of the game. We definitely didn't disgrace ourselves or the Irish name with this performance

Senior Challenge Cup Third Round Replay

U.C.D.
4-1
Sligo Rovers
Buckley 7'
E Doyle 16' & 76'
Aherne 26'
Gibson 78'
Qualification for the quarter final is achieved after a lacklustre effort first time round we put them to the sword at our ground

Senior Challenge Cup Quarter Final

U.C.D.
2-0
Cobh Ramblers
E Doyle 46'
Boylan 49'

Straight after our third round replay we knocked First Division Cobh Ramblers out of the quarter finals thanks to another Eoin Doyle goal

UCD_Dublin.png

First Day of School

October 2019

The Premier League comes to a dramatic close and we put up some fighting displays in the Champions League

Cork City 2-3 U.C.D.
T Byrne 43' & 77'
J Byrne 48'
Towell 63'
Maguire (OG) 82'

A late Sean Maguire own goal was enough for us to claim all three points and keep our title hopes alive despite Dundalk winning 2-0 over Bohemians keeping the gap at one point

U.C.D. 3-0
Galway Utd
McClean 18'
Buckley 48'
Gibson 62'

Another great performance as Dundalk matched our result win another 2-0 win, this time away to Bray Wanderers meaning that the title will go down to the last game of the season as we host St Pat's Athletic while Dundalk are at home to Derry City

U.C.D.
4-1 St Pat's Athletic
E Doyle 14' 31' 45+1' & 49'
Whelan 57'
So after a 33 game season it all came down to this match. We did our part to perfection with super striker Eoin Doyle scoring four, taking his league tally to 21. All we needed now was for Dundalk to either draw or lose and they obliged going down 1-0 to mid table Derry City to hand us the title!!!

League Table

View attachment 126053

What an incredible climax to the season! Dundalk will feel a little bit aggrieved having only lost four times all year but will have to settle for Europa League football again next season. The gap between the top two and third then third and fourth is so massive. Our Champions League money hasn't kicked in yet but I'm expecting us to run away with it if I can get in the signings that I am hoping for

1079870d1438281340-u-c-d-first-day-school-cl.png

UEFA Champions League Group Stage F
Real Madrid C.F.
FC Bayern Munchen
CSKA Moskva
U.C.D.

Matchday Two

U.C.D.
1-2
CSKA Moskva
Byrne 53'
Tosic 65'
Grigorjev 67'

Incredibly we took the lead here and had most of the ball and shots but fell apart to their quality attackers as all they required was two shots on target to finish us off and with it our slim chances of Europa League knockout football

Matchday Three

FC Bayern Munchen 2-1 U.C.D.
Lewandowski 10'
Durm 55'

McClean 69'
Again we're not disgraced despite playing against a much better side. When James McClean pulled one back I thought we might be able to ****** a point but that wouldn't have been deserved on the run of play

Senior Challenge Cup Semi Final

U.C.D.
3-0
Galway Utd
E Doyle 33' & 50'
D O'Connor 84'

After our Champions League exploits it was refreshing to come back to a domestic cup and make it through with ease to a third consecutive Challenge Cup Final

Last edited:
I love this story and I assert you I'll be following. I've got one with TNS trying to boost the other Wales clubs and rely on youth intake but Europe absolutely obliterates me every time.