toddzy

Reaction score
Hi folks. For those who know me around base you'll know I was an avid member of the previous story section, enjoying a very succesful joint story with AussieOchoa, or simply Nick as I sometimes call him.

I now return in the new year, and, I bring forward to you my first story. My title gives away the club, U.D Almeria S.A.D, or simply, Almeria.

From the region of Almeria, they were founded in 1989. A period of 22 years has now seen them arrive in the LIGA BBVA or as most of us know it, La Liga. With no loan debt, they're said to be worth around £22million. The media expectation is a respectable 13th. Transfer funds rate in at around £1.5million with around £22K to work with in spare wages.

They don't quite boast the likes of Messi, or even Ronaldo, but they certainly do have some cracking players.

The team

IMO, the star player is the Argentine AM Pablo Piatti. At 21 years of age, he was I believe Almeria's record transfer fee when they forked out £6million for him in 2008, signing him from Seba Veron's club, Estudiantes LP. I started to call him the cheap man's Messi. They look pretty similar and play in a similar fashion. He will be the main focus of my play and I'll try to get everything to be played through him. I also managed to tie him down to 2015 on a new contract, something which fended off Valencia.

View attachment 123096
Pablo Daniel Piatti

The other 2 players who really caught my eye were Albert Crusat and Hernan Bernardello. Crusat is a wide man, posseses deadly pace and will also heavily feature in plans. Left footed, he will play in his favoured AML role as I try to get the best out of him. I'm hoping his pace will exploit defences, and he will chip in a few goals. Bernardello is going to the clog in the Almeria machine. I plan to use him in the DMC position as a deep lying playmaker. I don't want him to bomb forward, I just want him to do a sort of Xabi Alonso role, pick up the ball and spray the passes.

View attachment 123095
Albert Crusat

View attachment 123094
Hernan Bernardello

Now, I don't want to push to far into things just now, so transfers and my tested tactic ver pre-season will be shown. I hope that you guys will follow as I try to lead this small club to the La Liga crown.

Adios. :wub:

Last edited:
Very nice already. Love seeing you back doing stories :wub:

Another Spanish team that isn't one of the top tiers teams. Good luck with this.

Almeira make shock appointment!

Last updated 10.48, 3rd of July 2011View attachment 123601

U.D Almeria S.A.D have today brought in the Spainish media to announce that unknown Scotsman Craig Todd will be taking the reigns for the 2010/2011 season of La Liga. He has signed a 2 year deal which may be extended based on results.

The news has come as a shock to many as Jose Luis Oltra was said to be very happy and excited for the new season, stating he looked to improve the current side which they had. But the 41 year old was told supposedly by e-mail that his tenure of the club was over and that a replacement would be looked for immediatly. So far Oltra has been unavailable for comment, but a close source to Spainiard has stated that he is 'extremely saddened and dissappointed'.

So what do we know of Craig Todd?

The answer..

Not much. He comes from the area of West Lothian in Scotland and has lived there for the majority of his life. He has always had some role in football. He has had youth coach roles at East Fife, Stirling and Ayr. He then joined Motherwell as Reserve team manager at the age of only 24 before leaving the post via mutual consent.

Now, at the tender age of 27, he moves to Spain for what is sure to be a real test for him. He highlighted through his interpreter that the prospect of linking up with Piatti was something that was deeply looking forward to. He went on to state that he did have a few plans for the current Almeria side.

He went on to mention that his main transfer target was former Birmingham striker Christian 'Chucho' Benitez. The 24 year old Ecuadorian is said to have become available for around £2million from his current employers Santos Laguna. The Mexican outfit have stated they are willing to listen to offers aslong as they meet the clubs demands.

On the departure front, Swedish forward Henok Goitom has been told that he will become surplus to requirements and can now inform his agent to look for football elsewhere. At.Madrid and HSV are said to interested and willing to meet the £2million price tag on his head.

Shown here at his unveiling last year, is it bye-bye Goitom?

For more on Almeria and any future news, hit the RSS feed button and subscribe so you never miss an update. Or if your a follower why not have your say? Leave a comment in the box below and let us know what you think.

Good pick with the team mate hope you do well :)
whats your aims for the season mate?

Good pick with the team mate hope you do well :)
whats your aims for the season mate?

Top half finish, realistically would settle for high up bottom half finish. The players can't settle into the formation. But I'm about to update that just now if you pop back and have a look. :wub:

PM me when its up and i will have a look tomorrow :)

Good luck mate, great choice of team, I enjoy your stories so will follow with interest. I've always liked Piatti from the '08 days, gem of a player

Great start mate. KUTGW! Good choice of team too, should be an interesting challenge.

Very good start, looks to be another great story from you, nice to see you're playing as a different team than usual...resisted the Valencia temptation then? Na, honestly, looks superb and very interesting, will definitely follow. ;)