RavenWire

Reaction score
Hopefully this is in the right section, seems the most appropriate!

No doubt people will have noticed that players from South America and Africa cannot sign for European teams until they are 18. Is this actually correct in real life terms, as Barcelona had Dos Santos before he was 18 on earlier games, and the rule was in place then. Also, does anyone know how to turn it off? Its only because it ruins my own development of players earlier in their careers

That law is correct... Manchester United signed Rafael & Fabio when they were 16 but had to wait til they were 18 before they could move to England, the same is for Adem Ljajic, he's signed for us, but is still at Partizan until 31/12/09 which by then he will be 18 and can move!

Giovani dos Santos never actually played for anyone before he signed a contract with Barca, but also U18 players can sign for foreign clubs if there family has to move abroad for work reasons... hope this helps?

Thats a big help, cheers. Is there any way round it, a loophole if you will? I signed Martin Galvan and Nicolas Millan and I could have done with working with them from 16/17

Yeah, Barcelona got the likes of Messi and Dos Santos before they signed for any club in tehre country which allowed them to move over, Messi been at Barce since he was 13 and probaly would been able to play for spain if he wanted

Thats a big help, cheers. Is there any way round it, a loophole if you will? I signed Martin Galvan and Nicolas Millan and I could have done with working with them from 16/17

Erm... simple answer is no.

Not too sure on buying un-attached players, but then again, if they were any good, they wouldn't be without a club!

thats like me.

i scouted real gems in the brazillain leaugue but they wont arrive until 2012.
this spoils my devolpment as i like to devolp from the age of 15-16

who is the youngest player in the game because i like to play people who are 14 but they just turn 15 so quick

Hopefully this is in the right section, seems the most appropriate!

No doubt people will have noticed that players from South America and Africa cannot sign for European teams until they are 18. Is this actually correct in real life terms, as Barcelona had Dos Santos before he was 18 on earlier games, and the rule was in place then. Also, does anyone know how to turn it off? Its only because it ruins my own development of players earlier in their careers

he might have a 2nd nationality as well, correct me if im wrong lol