Ubuntu Linux?

ToonLoving

Reaction score
Sorry i have scanned but didn't know where to place this.
I am a FM majour fan and have it currently running on my old Vista computer but it is very poor on there, I heard it will work on Ubuntu but no where shows how?
I have wine but that is doing nothing good?
thanks

Why would wine help, are you better at stuff when you are ******? :p But in all seriousness I don't know how you do this, not good with computers.

FM is not made for Linux. I wouldn't recommend it.

Why would you want Ubuntu? :/ Just get Windows 7 if Vista is bad?

I have Ubuntu on another system as well as windows 7.

I tried getting fm to run off disk & through steam using wine, but it didn't work lol There's an add on for wine something like "playonlinux" & that had something on it to install fm10, didnt work either.

From what I know, you have to install it and use winetricks or something and install a patched directx.

It's pretty much a pain in the ****, I use my windows 7 for fm & msn etc, the thing is Ubuntu is open source and isn't made to play fm, all the software i've ever had on ubuntu is free etc... so that's why its hard to work & wont play.

My advice to you is, EITHER get windows XP/7 for it or just format your machine with vista on, that should speed it up and then you'll be fine. :)

If anyone does get FM2010 running on Ubuntu though, i'd like to know just because i couldnt do it! :)

Download the package Playonlinux.
Open terminal and type: sudo apt-get install playonlinux

Once downloaded and installed open the playonlinux and there is an option to install FM10 under the games section. Pop in your disk and follow the onscreen instructions.

Works like a charm and is much faster than windows and able to run more leagues as it allocates more memory and processor power to the game.

I highly recommend it and if you have any questions than just ask me.

Only problem I am finding now is how to install patches and integrate logos and faces etc. Will let you know when I get round this minor problem.

I tried playonlinux, had no success, I used it with steam though, dont have a disk as i bought it through steam, would rather use linux though, have W7 on my PC but linux on my netbook, prefer Ubuntu any day,

If you know how to get it running through steam, would love to know

Hey peeps, i've been trying for the past few days to get fm10 to work on my netbook which has ubuntu on it to no great sucess.

I get the installation screen up and go through all the options and it begins to install it but then it says "uninstalling fm09" or something and asks me to locate fm09 on the system which I dont have on my netbook... so i'm pretty stuck at this point.

Aint tried it with steam. Dont like it.
Defo works with my ubuntu 9.10 using playonlinux though.
Try installing the latest wine distro and then doing the install thing on latest version of playonlinux.
I have been having no problems, so far...

Aint tried it with steam. Dont like it.
Defo works with my ubuntu 9.10 using playonlinux though.
Try installing the latest wine distro and then doing the install thing on latest version of playonlinux.
I have been having no problems, so far...
Awsome stuff. Could you find out how to install patches, faces, logos, and that stuff ?

I installed Fm10 in my ubuntu,
but the problem now is I'm trying to run the game but it doesn't run and when I try again I get a message saying fm10 is already running

any idea?

I installed Fm10 in my ubuntu,
but the problem now is I'm trying to run the game but it doesn't run and when I try again I get a message saying fm10 is already running

any idea?
Yes, I get the same message. Im on Archlinux, any idea ?

Well, I finally got working perfectly. It works even better than in Windows. Since I dont got a video card, the matchs in Windows dont work smoothly but in Arch it does. It is amazing, it works much better and a lot faster than in Windows. I even got it working with kits, faces, logos and all perfectly in Arch
Well, I will explain how I did to got it working.
First, you got to install Wine, which is very simple. Then, you got to install winetricks, because Football Manager needs d3dx9.dll (Directx 9) in order to work, so after installing winetricks you do the following in the command "sh winetricks d3dx9.dll" and wait until it is installed. After that, install Football Manager and then install Patch 10.3.
If you want to install faces, kits and all that stuff you got Sports Interactive folder in your home folder.