Durkidurk

Reaction score
Udinese - The Selling Club

I'm gonna start my first serious FM15 save with Udinese and hopefully stick with it a long time.
I'm gonna try to stay as real to Udinese as I can by buying cheap and selling expensive at the same time as I manage to challenge the bigger teams in Serie A.
The type of players I will look for is mostly from smaller nations or ''odd'' nations, young players who I can make a bigger profit from.

Quality players who have been sold since 2008/09:
Vincenzo Iaquinta - To Juventus (now retired)
Gökhan Inler - Now in Napoli

Samir Handanović - Now in Inter Milan
Asamoah Gyan - Now in Al Ain (ex Sunderland)
Cristián Zapata - Now in AC Milan
Alexis Sanchez - Now in Arsenal
German Denis - Now in Atalanta
Fabio Quagliarella - Now in Torino (ex Juventus)
Simone Pepe - Now in Juventus
Mauricio Isla - Now in QPR (ex Juventus)
Kwadwo Asamoah - Now in Juventus
Antonio Candreva - Now in Lazio
Roman Eremenko - Now in Rubin Kazan
Juan Cuadrado - Now in Fiorentina
Pablo Armero - Now in Milan
Aleksandar Luković - Now in Zenit
Mehdi Benatia - Now in Bayern Munich
Sulley Muntari - Now in AC Milan
Dusan Basta - Now in Lazio

Goals with this serie:

• Keep my signings as realistic as possible
  • Develop young players for the first team.
  • Try to Challenge the top teams
  • Build up a solid foundation with oldies who can teach the young ones.
  • Use both Granada and Watford as feeder clubs and also let them grow.
  • Manage to find someone who can take Di Natale's spot when he retires.
​Ps. English isn't my native language so feel free to correct my mistakes so I can learn from them x)
I'm gonna try to keep this serie as simple as possible and you can follow me on my journey with Udinese.
Also if you want me to change/add something to the story, please tell me!

Good luck - I like stories that stick with Club Values

My first thoughts and the squad in general.

Tactics:
I'm gonna keep the 352/532 style of formation that Udinese has been using for a long time, which fits my players the best right now. A structured formation with focus on being able to control the ball, I'm gonna try to risk as little as possible.
My plan is to become the Diego Simeone of Serie A with Udinese, doing a lot with a little with strict and physical play.

My keyplayers:
Antonio Di Natale - My main man, my most important player, my numero uno! My go-to man!
Been through it all with Udinese, the ups and downs. Sadly he's out currently for 2-3 months but he'll still be lead and support the team from the bench and in the locker room!

Danilo - My defensive leader. While Di Natale is leading the team in the front, Danilo is the guy who's leading my defence.

Giampiero Pinzi - Might not be as good as he used to be but I still consider him as a very important piece of my team as the 3rd capitano. Just like Antonio he has been very loyal to Udinese during the years while seeing players coming and going. Will be used as a tutor for my young midfielders.

Maurizio Domizzi - My vice-capitano. Similar story to Giampiero, not as good as he used to be but will still be important to the team with the experience he will bring to the team.

Thoughts about the future of Udinese
I'm very happy I picked to play with Udine, the team is filled with young talents who I will try my best to make them as good as possible before I can sell them for big money.

The average age of Udinese is very low, just the players above who are pushing it up. An average of the age of 25, kinda low for being a club in Serie A though.

Here are some of my most promising players:
Can't show them all because it would take too much time but Udinese have plenty good talents.
View attachment 330249View attachment 330248View attachment 330247View attachment 330246View attachment 330245View attachment 330244View attachment 330243View attachment 330242

Milleg9/Thank you! That's why I picked Udinese, I really like their style of dealing with the modern football. Giampaolo Pozzo and his family really deserves big credit for being able to take care of 3 clubs at the same time and still manage to do good economical.

Pre-season and transfers

Pre-season:
View attachment 330227

Might not have been the most convincing pre-season but it looked good in general.
A lot of the younger guys proved they wanna fight for a spot in the starting eleven.

Transfers so far:
View attachment 330226

Selling of some players that wouldn't bring anything special to the team and then bringing back the former Udinese guy Jonathan Mensah to add some extra quality in the defence + buying the young midfielder Nikola Vlasic.

As I assumed I wouldn't make any big profit the first transfer window but no biggie, selling for 2.9 million and buying for 2.85 million. I added 1 player to the first team I feel like I needed + the loan of Germain to have a extra back-up now that Capitano got injured. With a very limited transfer budget I'm happy with these signings.

Last edited:
Going to start a Udinese save when I get in so will follow this! What is their starting transfer budget like? Did you turn down any offers for players?

Thank god you have not been buying the same players as everyone else.Always good to see different signing. Gonna defo follow