UEFA Champions League 1st Knockout Draw Thread

I dont think Spurs will get any further either as i think AC can beat them at SS and maybe draw at WHL

(hopes)

I dont think that matters. Only Spurs fans thought we could get this far. The knockout stage. If we go out we have done ourselves proud. We never believed we can go on to win it. I would like us to go another round if possible and if the goons do get knocked out it would be a sweet victory for a team supposedly always in your shadow.

I dont think that matters. Only Spurs fans thought we could get this far. The knockout stage. If we go out we have done ourselves proud. We never believed we can go on to win it. I would like us to go another round if possible and if the goons do get knocked out it would be a sweet victory for a team supposedly always in your shadow.

but it's one year? it's not as if your winning it, neither are we? better to get out before it ruins your league season.

im trying not to sound bitter, i kind of get what your saying.

but it's one year? it's not as if your winning it, neither are we? better to get out before it ruins your league season.

Saying this because we've finished 1st in the group and you 2nd? :$

Saying this because we've finished 1st in the group and you 2nd? :$

no? because getting further than us in one season in a cup competition doesn't suddenly make you the power in N.London.

Finishing consistently above us in 10 years would.

It might be one season mate but if it is our only showing in the CL and we get a round further that will be an achievement for us. I have many goon friends for my sins that have always rubbed it in and think because they are always in the CL every year think they have a chance of winning it.

It might be one season mate but if it is our only showing in the CL and we get a round further that will be an achievement for us. I have many goon friends for my sins that have always rubbed it in and think because they are always in the CL every year think they have a chance of winning it.

I understand what your saying mate. It's just other fans will be like ''we got further, were better''. Well, no, look at the table. I'm not having a go :)

I understand what your saying mate. It's just other fans will be like ''we got further, were better''. Well, no, look at the table. I'm not having a go :)

Frankie, I think to be fair - IanC didn't really talk about being the powerhouse in NL, that's sort of CJ's job... I think there's been a misunderstanding here as Ian is just saying that for the Spuds, to get into the KO stages of the CL is a huge achievement in itself without comparing it to Arsenal..

Yeah I realised mate. Sorry for the mis-understanding.

I can't say I didn't laugh when Arsenal were left with Barcelona. Will be interesting to see how they approach the match after getting demolished last year. One thing is for sure, if they try to play 'their football' they will get absolutely smashed again. That being said, I don't think Arsenal know another way of playing so that really leaves them in a bad predicament. Plus the fact that Barca are stronger than they were last year, it doesn't look good for Arsenal.

Regarding the other English draws, delighted that we got the easiest draw possible. Makes a change from getting the hardest one possible in Inter Milan last season. United should go through against Marseille. Decent team but nothing spectacular.

For Spurs, I think they can beat Milan home & away if they get their defense sorted out. They have shown they can go to most places and score 2 or 3 goals and going back to Milan where they knocked a few in will give them confidence.

Frankie, I think to be fair - IanC didn't really talk about being the powerhouse in NL, that's sort of CJ's job... I think there's been a misunderstanding here as Ian is just saying that for the Spuds, to get into the KO stages of the CL is a huge achievement in itself without comparing it to Arsenal..

I will leave that sort of talk to CJ. Cheers Joss.

It is a big achievement considering we topped our group which was not an easy group when you have the reigning CL winners in the mix.

Last edited:
I take comfort in the fact that Arsenal were the first English team to win at the San Siro =)

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

I will leave that sort of talk to CJ. Cheers Joss.

It is a big achievement considering we topped our group which was not an easy group when you have the reigning CL winners in the mix.

No worries. And aye, big achievement, especially when you consider how well Inter have been playing! ;)

I am really sorry for Arsenal. I dont see them getting past Barcelona.

Not the best draw in the world but hey, it never is.

Chelsea will be favourites for their tie but I wouldn’t write off Copenhagen. They have Barca a fair test & have an impressive home record. Chelsea will scrape through in my opinion

Man United should go through, Marseille are a decent side and it won’t be easy but I can’t see past Man U here.

Arsenal are out.

Tottenham is too tough to call for me, defensively they have been rather shocking in the champions’ league with countless errors and a very, very high has them caught out a lot. They never seem to press opponents and AC Milan has some amazing forwards.

As for the other games I expect Real Madrid to end there hoodoo at this stage and dispose of Lyon.
Roma and Shaktar will be interesting. My money is on the Ukrainian side, Roma have been very poor this season.

Valencia & Schalke is another tricky game. The Spanish side have a bit mixed so far this season and Schalke are only now hitting some form in the league. Going with Valencia for now.

Inter are terrible under Rafa and I fully expect Bayern to knock them out.

Milan lost to Ajax 2-0 and lost to Madrid aswell (should have beaten them at home but they scored in the last mins :(edit - I meant we drew, not lost at home )

Our CL goal ration is 7 for, 7 against. Not great, specially if we lost Ibra to injury as he has scored 4 of those himself...

Last edited:
everyone saying Arsenal are out are going on like Arsenal are a rubbish team yeah Barca thrashed them last season and are arguebly the best in the world but that doesnt mean Arsenal stand no chance to beat them. For Example this season who would of guessed Hercules would beat Barca 2-0 at the nou camp aye ??