UEFA Champions League Challenge

1669585044470.png

OCTOBER

UEFA Champions League Group Stage
leipzig.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini, Grimaldo (Balde), R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira, Jones, Moukoko

Leipzig have some team and they absolutely battered us here but we somehow got an equaliser and we held on for a point.

--

arouca.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva*, Mancini, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez (Ilaix Moriba), David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones, Moukoko (Endrick)

A decent win with Curtis Jones continuing his fine form.

--

Taca de Portugal 3rd Round
cup.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Ze Carlos, Odogu, Nianzou, Balde, J.Neves, Ilaix Moriba, Bardghji (Conceicao), Ouedraogo, Talles Magno*, Endrick

I gave my backups a run out here and they ran riot. 7 goals, a hat-trick for Talles Magno and Endrick had a goal disallowed.

--

spurs.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini, Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves*, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones, Moukoko

I am delighted with this win but Spurs were very poor. I think we actually have a good chance of being in the top 8 if we dont slip up unexpectedly.

--

gv.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva (Badiashile), Mancini, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez (Ilaix Moriba), David Neres, Vieira, Jones (Ouedraogo), Moukoko*

Get it up ye Gil Vicente!!!!! Once upon a time they were my bogey team but we slaughtered them here. Moukoko scored a hat-trick and Ruben Neves got a brace including a trademark long range rocket.

--

Taca da Liga Group B
draw.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini, Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), J.Neves (Ouedraogo), David Neres, Vieira, Calhegas, Moukoko (Endrick)

Uh oh. We could be getting eliminated from the competition after this result. We will have to beat Alverca by at least 3 goals to go through now.

--

SUMMARY

Whisper it quietly but I think we have jumped up a level since last season. I feel my younger players like Antonio Silva, Wilfried Singo, Youssoufa Moukoko and Curtis Jones have really come on and mixed in with the experience of Ruben Neves, Gianluca Mancini and David Neres we really do look like a top notch team.

Domestically we are trouncing everyone although Braga deservedly got a draw in the Taca da Liga while in the Champions League we have a great chance to finish in the top 8.

Good times.....

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN NEVES
RUBEN.png

--

LIGA BWIN
oct.png

1669661893628.png

NOVEMBER

gala.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva (Badiashile), Mancini (Nianzou), Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira*, Jones (Talles Magno), Moukoko

We gifted Galatasaray an early lead here but fought back to win fairly comfortably.

--

famalicao.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini (Badiashile), Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres*, Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones (Endrick), Moukoko

This was 3-0 going on 33-0!!!! Curtis Jones scored one of the best goals that I have seen but it was disallowed for offside. So cruel!!!!

--

Taca de Portugal 4th Round
covilha.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Ze Carlos (Olsen), Nianzou (Odogu), Badiashile, J.Neves, Ilaix Moriba (Freitas), Bardghji (Conceicao), Ouedraogo, Talles Magno (Calhegas), Endrick*

This was a struggle and when we fell behind in extra-time I was fearing an early exit. We had 2 goals disallowed here.

--

napoli.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini, Grimaldo (Balde), R.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira, Jones (Talles Magno), Moukoko (Endrick)

I am disappointed not to win this match considering we were 2-0 and 3-1 up but Napoli had a 100% record and have a very good side so I am content with a point.

--

chaves.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva (Badiashile), Mancini, Grimaldo (Balde), R.Neves, Fernandez (Ouedraogo), David Neres, Vieira (Ilaix Moriba), Jones*, Moukoko

This match was bonkers!!!! We scored 7 to their 2 but we both had goals disallowed. Jones got a hat-trick and Neves got 4 assists.

--

SUMMARY

Goals galore (as usual) this month with the 7-2 win over Chaves being the highlight otherwise it was business as usual.

I did get a new president appointed so I have a new boss but apart from an increase in coaching staff etc and a new feeder club he hasnt changed anything.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DAVID NERES
neres.png

--

LIGA BWIN
nov.png

1669668181974.png

DECEMBER

maritimo.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva, Nianzou (Odogu), Grimaldo, R.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), Fernandez, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira*, Jones, Moukoko

We are averaging over 4 goals a game in the league just now and we rattled in another 5 here. It was time for Fabio Vieira to take his turn to get a hat-trick.

--

city.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva (Nianzou), Badiashile, Grimaldo, Ouedraogo, Fernandez (Ilaix Moriba), David Neres, Vieira, Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko (Endrick)

Gutted. We more than matched Man City here and arguably deserved to win the game but Nianzou out the ball into our net like the pillock that he is and we lost. I was toying with the idea of selling him as he is on huge wages and he just made up my mind.

--

Taca da Liga Group B
alverca.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Ze Carlos, Nianzou (Odogu), Badiashile, Balde, J.Neves*, Ilaix Moriba (Chang Peng), Bardghji, Ouedraogo, Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick

There was a lot of pressure on my young charges here as they knew they had to win by at least 3 goals to get us through and they did just that but only thanks to an injury time winner.

--

Taca de Portugal 5th Round
estoril.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva, Mancini, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira*, Jones (Talles Magno), Moukoko

This was a lot tougher than I thought it would be but we got through eventually.

--

santa.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Ze Carlos (Olsen), Nianzou, Badiashile, Balde (Grimaldo), Ilaix Moriba, Ouedraogo, David Neres, Vieira, Jones*, Moukoko (Endrick)

I was missing several players here as this game came just 2 days after the last one but we still smashed them.

--

SUMMARY

This was an exciting month. We lost out - just - to Man City in the Champions League but we really deserved at least a point. In the league we just swipe aside everyone who comes before us although we are up against FC Porto next.

In the domestic cups we won but we just sneaked through in the Taca da Liga as we needed an injury time goal to complete a 5-2 victory to go through on goals scored!

Going into January my biggest challenge will be to keep hold of my players as 15 of my first team squad are wanted by other sides!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO VIEIRA
VIEIRA.png

--

LIGA BWIN
DEC.png

1669742039248.png

JANUARY

porot.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva, Mancini (Nianzou), Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves, Fernandez (Ilaix Moriba), David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira*, Ouedraogo, Moukoko (Endrick)

Before the match we were rocked by the news that Curtis Jones would be out for 4-6 weeks but we still managed to get a fantastic away victory over our bitter rivals FC Porto. Fabio Vieira is on fire just now and he scored both of our goals.

--

vg.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva, Mancini, Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres*, Vieira, Ouedraogo (Talles Magno), Moukoko (Endrick)

Transfer news update game by game...... Rejected £73m for Ruben Neves, £60m for Ouedraogo, £52m for Vieira and slightly lower £12m for Bardghji lol.

We won by 5 and David Neres scored a hat-trick.

--

Taca de Portugal Quarter-Final
sporting.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Silva (Badiashile), Mancini (Odogu), Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez*, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Ouedraogo, Moukoko (Talles Magno)

Offers of £54m for Silva, £44m for Vieira and £37m for Balde were rejected during the time between our last match.

A nice solid away victory against one of our rivals as we dump them out of the cup.

--

rio.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Silva, Mancini, Balde (Grimaldo), R.Neves*, Fernandez, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Ouedraogo, Moukoko (Endrick)

No rejected transfers this time! We keep our scoring average in the league above 4 goals per game and funnily enough despite that Moukoko hasnt scored in our last 4 league games!

--

lyon.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Ze Carlos, Silva (Badiashile), Mancini, Balde, R.Neves*, Fernandez (J.Neves), David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Ouedraogo (Calhegas), Moukoko

I am delighted with this win. Moukoko opened the scoring with a stunning goal but then Ziyech levelled for them with a free-kick from 35 yards. We had Silva taken off injured and when Fabio Vieira hit the post late on I thought we would draw but young Luis Calhegas headed home a late winner.

Providing we win away to Austria Vienna (an affiliated club who I have loaned players to) we will secure a top 8 finish and avoid the play-off round.

--

feirense.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Badiashile, Mancini, Balde (Guerreiro), Ilaix Moriba, Fernandez (J.Neves), David Neres*, Vieira, Ouedraogo (Calhegas), Moukoko

A boring game. New signing Raphael Guerreiro made his debut off the bench though.

--

austria.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Ze Carlos), Badiashile, Mancini, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres*, Ilaix Moriba, Ouedraogo, Moukoko

A professional job done and a top 8 finish secured.
table.png

Lets hope a few of the big guns like Bayern, Real Madrid, PSG, Barcelona etc get knocked out in the playoff round!!!!!

--

3-0.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo*, Badiashile, Mancini (Odogu), Guerreiro, R.Neves (J.Neves), Fernandez (Ilaix Moriba), David Neres, Vieira, Ouedraogo (Jones), Moukoko (Endrick)

I hadnt forgotten about rejected transfers lol - £60m for Fabio Vieira. Nice to see Guerreiro get off the mark and Endrick nick another goal.

--

SUMMARY

I will gloss over the matches here as there is so much transfer news! We beat Sporting Lisbon in the cup and Austria Vienna and Lyon in the Champions League to progress in those competitions. Now to the transfer news.

You can see above the rejected deals, there were more to lesser players and B team players etc, so here are the departures. Out of nowhere Atletico Madrid offered me £25.5m for Alex Grimaldo. I was planning on selling him in the summer anyway so I went ahead with that deal. He played 153 games for me, scored 9 goals and assisted 43.

Then my planned departure of Tanguy Nianzou happened as he was loaned out to Hertha Berlin and then I sold Francisco Conceicao to my affiliated club Austria Vienna for £8.5m which is a £2m loss.

Then on deadline day Atletico Madrid (who also bid for Ruben Neves) offered me a staggering £49m for my backup right back Ze Carlos! I like him as a player but I am not stupid enough to refuse that amount!!!!!

So I had to replace them.......

I promoted Luis Calhegas to come in for Francisco Conceicao - easy lol.

Raphael Guerreiro was transfer listed at Borussia Dortmund so I got him in for £2.6m as a stop gap signing. An experienced Portuguese player - he should do a job.
guerreiro.png

To replace Ze Carlos I gave Southampton £26m to bring in Tino Livramento. His 2nd nationality is Portuguese and he speaks the language fluently so he should fit in very well.
livramento-png.607603

I then brought back another Portuguese player back to his home country by giving Everton £49m for Andre Amaro. I was thinking about going in for him before he left Portugal for £8m so I made a mistake then! He is only 23y/o so I have high hopes for him.
AMARO.png

I did sign a couple of regens for pennies but as you can see I am now going all out for it. Go big or go home. I really do feel we are genuine Champions League contenders now and I am doing all I can to break the damned Guttmann curse!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RUBEN NEVES
neves.png

--

LIGA BWIN
JAN.png

Attachments

• LIVRAMENTO.png
    LIVRAMENTO.png
    772.2 KB · Views: 506
1669754416317.png

FEBRUARY

Taca da Liga Semi-Final
moreirense.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Livramento, Amaro (Odogu), Badiashile*, Guerreiro, J.Neves (Freitas), Ilaix Moriba, Bardghji, Ouedraogo (Policarpo), Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick (Silva)

I handed out a few debuts here but it was the unheard of Goncalo Silva who impressed the most as he came off the bench to score.

--

porto.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), Badiashile, Mancini (Amaro), Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves (Jones), Fernandez, David Neres*, Vieira, Ouedraogo, Moukoko (Endrick)

Very nice. David Neres was unplayable here as he rifled in a hat-trick but it was the goal from Fernandez that was the goal of the game.

--

farense.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento, Badiashile, Mancini (Amaro), Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez*, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Ouedraogo (Jones), Endrick (Silva)

A few of my players were out with a virus so I had to put out some backups and while it wasnt pretty we got the job done.

--

viseu.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Badiashile, Mancini (Silva), Balde, R.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), Fernandez (Jones), David Neres, Vieira*, Ouedraogo (Calhegas), Endrick (Silva)

Another 5 goals to add to this seasons tally which is nice but defensively we let ourselves down a bit. Ruben Neves missed a penalty which is a rareity.

--

2-2.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, Badiashile, Mancini (Silva), Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko (Endrick)

So frustrating. They had 2 shots on goal and scored twice while we had 2 goals disallowed before we even got on the scoresheet.

--

boavista.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), Badiashile (Silva), Mancini, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez (Ouedraogo), David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira*, Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko

Fabio Vieira celebrated signing a new contract by putting in an inspired performance here as he got 2 goals and an assist.

--

braga.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), Badiashile, Mancini (Silva), Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira*, Jones, Moukoko

We fell behind early doors here but came through in fine style and for the umpteenth time recently Fabio Vieira was immense.

--

SUMMARY

We dropped points to Sporting Lisbon this month but despite it being a last minute equaliser the way we played the rest of the month more than made up for that. We cannot be touched domestically and unless we really shoot ourselves in the foot domestic triumphs are ours.

We have been given a favourable draw in the Champions League as we will play AS Monaco in the round of 16 and considering we have beaten them already this season I am confident of sealing a quarter-final place. I was wondering if my previous comments about being contenders were a tad early but it seems my players are on board too as while negotiating new contracts they are demanding for us either to be challenging for the Champions League by 2026/27 or actually winning it!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
FABIO VIEIRA
fab.png

--

LIGA BWIN
feb.png

1669839807864.png

MARCH

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 1st Leg
viseu.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva, Badiashile, Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves, Fernandez (J.Neves*), David Neres, Vieira (Ilaix Moriba), Jones (Calhegas), Endrick (Talles Magno)

We were truly awful here and only won thanks to a wonder goal from Joao Neves. Moukoko was injured before the match and will be out for a month so that is a huge blow but it is a huge opportunity for Endrick.

--

portimonense.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva (Mancini), Badiashile (Amaro), Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, David Neres*, Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones, Endrick (Talles Magno)

I had actually selected to rest Enzo Fernandez but forgot and played him anyway and he scored twice!!!!! Ruben Neves missed a penalty but made up for it with a free-kick goal later on.

--

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg
monaco.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva*, Badiashile, Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves (J.Neves), Ouedraogo, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Jones (Talles Magno), Endrick (G.Silva)

We were the better side here and had a goal disallowed but we didnt get beat so that is the main thing.

--

arouca.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento, A.Silva (Amaro), Badiashile, Balde, R.Neves*, J.Neves, David Neres, Ouedraogo (Bardghji), Jones, Endrick (Talles Magno)

Endrick is stinking it at the moment. He is having a nightmare which is very surprising as I thought he would relish his chance at getting regular starts under his belt. Very disappointing. Will probably score a hat-trick next time out lol.

--

UEFA Champions League Round of 16 2nd Leg
3-0.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo*, A.Silva, Mancini, Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves, Fernandez (Ouedraogo), David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Jones, Endrick (G.Silva)

Into the quarter-finals we go with a comfortable victory over AS Monaco. Endrick didnt score a hat-trick and for the 2nd game running he was substituted by a player who did score. David Neres got injured and will be out for nearly a month which is a huge blow.

--

gil.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), A.Silva (Amaro), Mancini, Balde, Ouedraogo, Fernandez, Bardghji, Vieira (Freitas), Jones (Calhegas), Endrick*

We get a hat-trick from Endrick here though!!!! He also had a goal disallowed in the first half too. Always nice to thump my once bogey side Gil Vicente.

--

SUMMARY

We kept a clean sheet in all 6 matches this month - ASTONISHING!!!!!

I am happy with the way the month went though. Endrick had a bad run of form until he put things right against Gil Vicente and my team is so good that we can get by with one misfiring player.

We have been drawn against PSG in the Champions League and I am not quite sure what to make of that whether or not we are favourites or not. They still have Mbappe but we have outqualified them in the group stage the last couple of seasons.

The youth intake was pretty poor tbh.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
GIORGI MAMARDASHVILI
giorgi.png

--

LIGA BWIN
MAR.png

1669873666712.png

APRIL

famalicao.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva, Badiashile, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, Bardghji, Vieira (Ilaix Moriba), Jones*, Endrick (Moukoko)

Not the greatest of performances but we got the desired result and Moukoko returned from injury so it was a good day all in all.

-

chaves.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento, A.Silva, Badiashile (Amaro), Balde (Guerreiro), J.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), Ouedraogo*, Bardghji, Vieira (Policarpo), Calhegas, Endrick (Moukoko)

I fielded a weakened side but we still won easily enough. This win gives us a goal difference of +88 in the league. I cant ever remember getting a goal difference in triple figures ever so that is a realistic aim here.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
psg.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), A.Silva (Mancini), Badiashile, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez, Bardghji (Talles Magno), Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones, Moukoko (Endrick)

Not too bad. They could have been out of sight in the first half but we defended reasonably well and crucially got a goal back after they went 2-0 up. We couldnt take advantage of their 10 men but I always feel we can beat anyone at home so I am slightly optimistic about our chances.

--

maritimo.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento*, Amaro (Odogu), Mancini, Guerreiro, J.Neves, Ilaix Moriba, Bardghji, Ouedraogo (Policarpo), Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick (G.Silva)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

Not that it is a surprise lol.

I totally rested my first XI for the upcoming huge Champions League game and we won but it wansnt pretty.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
4-1.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva, Badiashile, Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves*, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a result!!! What a performance!!!!!! We absolutely smashed them!!!!!! I could go on and do the famous Norwegian football commentator rant lol. Unbelievable.

We play Inter Milan in the semis - definitely in with a chance there.

--

clara.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva (Mancini), Badiashile, Guerreiro, R.Neves (Ilaix Moriba), Ouedraogo*, David Neres (Bardghji), Vieira, Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko (Endrick)

Ouedraogo was immense here with 2 goals and 1 assist. Bardghji scored a screamer while Endrick headed in off the bar.

--

Taca de Portugal Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2nd.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Olsen, Amaro, Mancini (Odogu), Guerreiro, J.Neves (Freitas), Ilaix Moriba (Policarpo), Bardghji, Ouedraogo*, Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick

I played my backups here and entrusted them with the 1 goal lead from the first leg and I was right to do so. Ouedraogo was immense once again and showing why he won the award as the best young player in Europe.

--

Taca da Liga Final
final.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Olsen, Amaro, Mancini, Guerreiro (Odogu), J.Neves (Freitas), Ilaix Moriba (Policarpo), Bardghji*, Ouedraogo, Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick (G.Silva)

Superb!!!!

I took a huge risk by playing my backups once again in this cup final and while we didnt play well at all we came from behind to claim the trophy. Amaro headed in from a free-kick and then late on Olsen took a shot which was wickedly deflected past their keeper.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 1st Leg
inter.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva, Badiashile*, Guerreiro, R.Neves, Fernandez (Ouedraogo), David Neres, Vieira (Ilaix Moriba), Jones (Calhegas), Moukoko

Another momentous victory. I would have taken a 1 goal defeat in the hope that our home form keeps up but we somehow sneak a 1-0 win and it was completely undeserved. They battered us but we scored first and held on. I even withdrew my AMC back into a DM in the 2nd half such is the importance of this match.

--

SUMMARY

What a month this was!!!!! There arent enough superlatives in the English dictionary to describe how my team is playing at the moment. From playing my backups to win the Taca da Liga to putting 4 past PSG in the Champions League.

Our tie against PSG was thrilling. We lost a nervy 1st leg 2-1 but bounced back to absolutely smash them in the 2nd leg 4-1. We then went to the San Siro and ground out a 1-0 win to take a slim advantage back to to Lisbon.

We will never get a better chance to win it as in the other semi-final RB Leipzig beat Liverpool 4-0.

About to start the final month of the season but also watching this crazy Spain/Japan & Costa Rica/Germany World Cup group!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
ASSAN OUEDRAOGO
ouedraogo.png

--

LIGA BWIN
apr.png

1669927270380.png

MAY

farense.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Olsen, Amaro, Mancini, Guerreiro, J.Neves, Ilaix Moriba*, Bardghji (Talles Magno), Ouedraogo, Calhegas, Endrick (G.Silva)

My backups ran riot here as we easily beat Farense. I havent really mentioned it but we are 3 games away from an undefeated league campaign and we are now 5 goals away from a goal difference of +100.

--

UEFA Champions League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
3-3.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo, A.Silva, Badiashile, Balde (Guerreiro), R.Neves*, Fernandez, David Neres, Vieira, Jones (Ouedraogo), Moukoko

WE ARE IN THE FINAL!!!!!

We took the lead through a brilliant Fabio Vieira and then after that we semmed to trade goals a minute or two after each other. We will play RB Leipzig in the final - what a chance we have got.

--

rio.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento, Amaro (Odogu), Mancini, Guerreiro, J.Neves, Freitas (Policarpo), Bardghji, Ouedraogo, Calhegas*, Endrick (G.Silva)

Very nice.

--

vg.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento (Olsen), Amaro, Mancini (Odogu), Balde, J.Neves, Freitas (Policarpo), Bardghji*, Ouedraogo, Calhegas (Talles Magno), Endrick (G.Silva)

This was the hardest match left in our domestic campaign so I am delighted that my backups not only kept up our 100% record and got our goal difference up to the +100 mark but also won the game.

--

feirense.png

Lineup - Mamardashvili, Livramento (Olsen), Amaro, Mancini (Odogu), Balde, J.Neves (Cheng Peng), Freitas, Bardghji (Moreira), Policarpo, Talles Magno, Endrick*

WE ARE INVINCIBLE!!!!

Well in the league at least. This result send Feirense down unfortunately for them. We broke another record here as we finish with 125 goals in the league which beat the previous record by 2.

--

Taca de Portugal Final
porto.png

Lineup
- Mamardashvili, Singo (Livramento), A.Silva (Mancini), Badiashile, Balde, R.Neves, Fernandez (J.Neves), David Neres*, Vieira (Ouedraogo), Jones, Moukoko (Endrick)

The big guns returned for this final. I had to play them since it was against FC Porto and they returned from their extended rest to win the cup after going behind. Ruben Neves scored an absolute belter here to equalise.

--

UEFA Champions League Final
lineup.png

--

goals.png

OH MY BEAUTIFUL BENFICA BOYS WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Guttmann curse is broken and what a way to do it. Moukoko scored a hat-trick but that didnt tell even half the story. We took the lead and led at half-time but Gvardiol levelled and then Timo Werner struck and I was on the floor.

My partner was sitting next to me on her phone and then Moukoko was played in and scored and it looked a bit dodgy so it went to VAR and I covered my eyes and asked her to tell me the decision - GOAL!!!!!

Then 4min later the exact same thing happened again and this one looked more offside than the last one but still it was awarded and we were ahead!!!!

And then the worst moment of FM in my entire time playing since 1994 happened. I had went ultra defensive etc just to hold onto the lead and in the 94th minute Leipzig had the ball 35 yards out and I covered my eyes again. I seriously couldnt watch so I covered my eyes and asked my other half to tell me if there is a goal and after 15secs she said - which colour are you?. I was fighting a losing battle and when I uncovered my eyes I saw Szoboszlai take the ball past Mamardashvili who was wondering out to the edge of the area and he rolled the ball into the net but there is a god. Guttmann is beaten. It was disallowed and I leapt into the air with joy as we had only went and won the ****** thing!!!!!

My partner said she had never seen me react like that over FM (it has been 6 years with her) so that shows how much it meant to me.

--

SUMMARY

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
YOUSSOUFA MOUKOKO
MOUKOKO.png

--

LIGA BWIN
MAY.png

1670015295519.png

SEASON REVIEW

I would have to look back in my posts but I think it was about October/November when I noticed a change in our side and that we had stepped up a level and so it proved. Winning all of the domestic competitions is the norm but to go unbeaten in the league and also get over a +100 goal difference as well as breaking the goalscoring record is quite something.

We obviously won the Champions League and ended the curse of Bela Guttmann. I admit we kinda got it easy as although RB Leipzig have great players we could have played a stronger side but what a thrilling final it was.

I would normally single out individuals etc but I have to mention one thing. In the last 2 seasons Youssoufa Moukoko scored 47 and 46 goals respectively but he only got 29 this season yet my other players stepped up to the plate and scored more goals than ever before!!!!

--

SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

--

MY PLAYER OF THE SEASON
FABIO VIEIRA
fabio.png

--

MY YOUNG PLAYER OF THE SEASON
ASSAN OUEDRAOGO
assan.png

--

FUTURE PLANS

Well obviously I am leaving Benfica but the question is when? If I was Man Utd or Aston VIlla (hate them) I would resign immediately but I have a strong affinity with these players and am reluctant to just ditch them. Part of the reason is because 75% of my first team squad are wanted by other clubs so I dont want Benfica to just throw everything away once I am gone so I may do the pre-season with the club.

However it is 2026 and that means it is a World Cup year so there will be surely opportunities to move on in the middle of July so we shall see what happens. Ideally I would take over a club in the summer.​

1670059734985.png

BENFICA TOP FIVES

TOP 5 APPEARANCES
  1. DAVID NERES (189)​
  2. Antonio SILVA (182)​
  3. Enzo FERNANDEZ (173)​
  4. Youssoufa MOUKOKO (164)​
  5. Alex GRIMALDO (153)​
TOP 5 GOALS
  1. Youssoufa MOUKOKO (142)​
  2. DAVID NERES (66)​
  3. Henrique ARAUJO (52)​
  4. Curtis JONES (45)​
  5. Enzo FERNANDEZ (42)​
TOP 5 ASSISTS
  1. DAVID NERES (72)​
  2. Curtis JONES (49)​
  3. Alex GRIMALDO (43)​
  4. Fabio VIEIRA (42)​
  5. Enzo FERNANDEZ (39)​
TOP 5 MOST EXPENSIVE SIGNINGS
  1. Ruben NEVES (£65m from Wolverhampton Wanderers)​
  2. Andre AMARO (£49m from Everton)​
  3. Fabio VIEIRA (£42.5m from Arsenal)​
  4. Benoit BADIASHILE (£32.5m from AS Monaco)​
  5. Curtis JONES (£27m from Liverpool)​
TOP 5 MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
  1. Goncalo RAMOS (£62m to Bayern Munich)​
  2. ZE CARLOS (£49m to Atletico Madrid)​
  3. LUCAS VERISSIMO (£38m to Tottenham Hotspur)​
  4. MORATO (£30m to Inter Milan)​
  5. Florentino LUIS (£27m to Bayern Munich)​

1670061389529.png

I was only unemployed for a few weeks as it went. After the World Cup (Italy beat Turkey 2-0 in the final) there were loads of national team jobs available but that only created 3 potential places for me to go. The 2 that I rejected were Crvena Zvezda and Feyenoord because there was a much bigger fish to catch out there.................

1670061615693.png

So off to England I go. They are in the Champions League which is a good start and the board expect me to reach the semis at a minimum. Chelsea are definitely in the bracket of sides where you can win it in the first season but having looked at my squad I think it might be a 2 year project......

squad.png
squad2.png
lukaku.png

So many old players and I have just over 2 weeks until the season starts!!!!! I have about £90m in the transfer kitty and would like to think I could almost double that with player sales.

--

THE BENFICA EXODUS

As for my beautiful Benfica boys well they are beginning to follow me out the door. I had agreed to sell Talles Magno already but in addition to that they let Antonio Silva go to Atletico Madrid for £66m, Enzo Fernandez (£60m) and Youssoufa Moukoko (£54m) are off to PSG and infuriatingly the one I would have definitely have went back for, Assan Ouedraogo, has joined Spurs for £63m!!!!!!​

1670081199452.png

THE FIRST TWO WEEKS

I went in guns blazing and started wheeling and dealing straight away both with players and staff. I did take a couple of my Benfica staff over with me including former Chelsea manager, Maurizio Sarri, as a scout!!!!! Ashley Cole has returned to the club as a coach while I promoted John Terry from the U18s up to the first team.

--

PLAYER SALES

I needed to get rid of my 2 keepers and I did just that by selling Mendy to AS Monaco for £20.5m and Kepa Arrizabalaga to Shakhtar Donetsk for £12.75m.

Romelu Lukaku went to AC Milan for £37m which is not bad for a 33 year old and also going to Italy is Jorginho who joined Inter Milan for £4m and Luke Shaw who went to AS Roma for £15.25m. Harvey Vale (£20m to Galatasaray), Jude Soonsup-Bell (£8.5m to Middlesbrough) and Reiss Russell-Denny (£6.5m to RB Salzburg) are other departures.

There could be a couple more. I accepted bids for Kovacic and Pulisic from of all teams Benfica but they rejected the move to Portugal.

--

PLAYERS IN

I needed 2 keepers and I bought 2 keepers. Gavin Bazunu is my new first choice keeper and I paid Bournemouth £35m to bring him to the club. At 24y/o he has his best football ahead of him and he should do well. As his backup I gave Stoke City £4.6m to bring in Joe Bursik.
bazunu.png
bursik.png

I havent signed any defenders as yet and have no money left so I dont think I will in the future either lol. I wanted another left back and maybe a centre back but unless a player leaves nobody will be coming in.

I joined in in the purge of Benfica as I signed Curtis Jones for £55m. At Benfica he was my LW but I think I will play him in the middle here. I know he is quality and will excel here and it means Benfica have recouped over £300m in player sales this summer!!!!
jones.png

Jones wasnt even my most expensive signing though. That honour goes to Noni Madueke who joins us from PSV Eindhoven for £58m. He will start the season as first choice RW as devastatingly Mason Mount is out for a couple of months so he better hit the ground running but I am confident that he will.
madueke.png

My final signing is another player who is coming back to his homeland and also to where his career began as I shelled out £50m to bring in Tammy Abraham from AS Roma. I needed to replace Lukaku and it made sense to bring him back to the club.
abraham.png

1670082400822.png

AUGUST

bmouth.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James (Porro), Stones, Fofana (Martinez), Chilwell, Vitinha, Jones (Gallagher), Madueke*, Havertz, Sterling (Pulisic), Abraham (Alvarez)

A decent first game in charge for me as we get 4 goals and my new signings impressed as Jones got an assist, Madueke an assist and the MOM award and Tammy Abraham got on the scoresheet.

--

liverpool.png

Lineup - Bazunu*, James (Porro), Stones, Fofana (Ahmedhodzic), Chilwell, Vitinha (Kovacic), Jones, Madueke (Alvarez), Havertz, Sterling (Pulisic), Abraham

The fact Gavin Bazunu won the MOM award tells its own story. Not only did he save a penalty but he kept us in it as they had wave upon wave of attacks. Only a defensive mix-up which gifted us a goal got us a point here but it is a good point.

--

utd.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James, Stones, Fofana, Netz (Martinez), Vitinha, Jones (Kovacic), Madueke (Alvarez), Havertz, Sterling*, Abraham

A great victory. We played really well and should have had more as Curtis Jones missed a penalty and Tammy Abraham had a goal disallowed. Luca Netz made his debut here.

--

SUMMARY

I am delighted with our start to the season as to get 7pts when we played Man Utd and Liverpool is a decent achievement and sets us up for the season ahead. I think I have a top quality squad and I think that we are good enough to win the Champions League but that is a long way away.

Here are our Champions League group stage fixtures.......
fixtures.png

A reunion with Benfica who if you see has the same reputation as Real Madrid and a higher rep than Barcelona and Juventus!!!!!!!!!

There was transfer news as Liverpool came in for Christian Pulisic and they got him for £56m which allowed me to bring in 2 players. The first of which was Luca Netz of Borussia Monchengladbach for £21.5m. The German international will be my backup left back and he is a top notch player.
netz.png

My final signing was of course from Benfica. Who was left to take away after their fire sale of talent that won them the Champions League? The answer? Endrick!!!! They accepted £32m for the precocious young forward and he will be a fantastic player for us and should be ready for playing in a stronger league.
endrick.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
KAI HAVERTZ
havertz.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
AUG.png

1670106402381.png

SEPTEMBER

norwich.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James, Stones, Fofana, Chilwell*, Vitinha (Phillips), Gallagher, Savio (Alvarez), Chukwuemeka, Jones, Abraham

We have a bit of an injury crisis in the attacking midfield department but that didnt bother us here as we still smashed in 4 goals. Despite scoring a hat-trick and having one disallowed, Tammy Abraham didnt get the MOM award, instead it went to Ben Chilwell who scored 1 and assisted 2.

--

dortmund.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James, Stones, Fofana (Ahmedhodzic), Chilwell*, Vitinha (Phillips), Gallagher, Savio (Alvarez), Chukwuemeka (Porro), Jones (Endrick), Abraham

We went down to 10 men but we still got the win which is very pleasing. Tammy Abraham is on fire!!!

--

leeds.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James (Porro), Stones, Fofana, Chilwell, Vitinha, Gallagher (Phillips), Madueke (Savio), Chukwuemeka (Alvarez), Jones*, Abraham

An impressive performance and a clean sheet at last!

--

Carabao Cup 3rd Round
spurs.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James, Stones (Martinez), Fofana, Chilwell, Vitinha, Gallagher, Madueke*, Chukwuemeka, Jones (Alvarez), Abraham (Endrick)

Goals galore here as we smash 6 past Spurs. Madueke scored twice against his old club to get off the mark for us while Jones and Endrick also netted for the first time.

--

watford.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James (Porro), Stones, Fofana*, Chilwell (Netz), Vitinha (Kovacic), Gallagher, Madueke (Savio), Chukwuemeka, Jones, Abraham

We played well here but didnt get the killer 2nd goal but in the end it wasnt needed. Abraham has scored in every league game for us so far this season.

--

benfica.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Porro, Stones (Ahmedhodzic), Fofana, Chilwell (Netz), Vitinha (Kovacic), Gallagher (McKennie), Madueke*, Chukwuemeka (Havertz), Jones, Endrick

My great Benfica side may have broken up for the summer but they still are a top team so a point away from home is decent enough. Endrick scored a late equaliser against his former employers while Vitinha got injured to add to our injury woes.

--

SUMMARY

My good start to life in London continued this month as we still remain unbeaten this season despite a glut of injuries. Mount, Kovacic, Havertz, Sterling, McKennie, Vitinha, Abraham and Alvarez were all out for parts or all of this month which means I have no idea how we are going to play or who I am going to play when all my players are fully fit!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
BEN CHILWELL
chilwell.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
sep.png

1670170341110.png

OCTOBER

brighton.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Porro, Stones, Fofana (Martinez), Chilwell*, McKennie (Kovacic), Gallagher, Madueke (Sterling), Chukwuemeka (Havertz), Jones, Abraham (Endrick)

First league goals at the club for Curtis Jones and Endrick won us the game here and we pick up another clean sheet too! We are also getting some players back from injury which is a bonus.

--

wolves.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James, Stones, Fofana (Martinez), Chilwell, Gallagher (Kovacic), Jones, Madueke (Alvarez), Havertz, Sterling (Mount), Abraham (Endrick)

I am disappointed that we didnt win this as we had plenty of opportunities to do so but that being said we came from behind twice to get a point so that showed that we have plenty of fight and spirit.

--

barcelona.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James, Stones (Martinez), Fofana (Ahmedhodzic), Chilwell, Vitinha, Jones (Kovacic), Madueke*, Havertz, Sterling (Mount), Abraham (Endrick)

I dont know if Barcelona are a poor side but we demolished them here and could have scored much more in truth.

--

brentfors.png

Lineup - Bazunu, Porro, Stones, Fofana (Ahmedhodzic), Chilwell (Martinez), Vitinha*, Jones, Madueke, Havertz (Chukwuemeka), Sterling (Mount), Abraham (Endrick)

We made hard work of this but we got the win in the end. Abraham is now in a poor run of form while Raheem Sterling has been shocking!!!!

--

Carabao Cup 4th Round

boro.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Porro, Ahmedhodzic, Martinez, Netz, Kovacic, Gallagher (Phillips), Savio, Chukwuemeka, Alvarez*, Endrick (Sterling)

I gave my backups a run out here and they got us through to the next round mainly thanks to an amazing performance from Julian Alvarez who scored an astonishing 5 goals.

--

0-0.png

Lineup
- Bazunu*, James, Stones, Fofana, Chilwell, Vitinha (Kovacic), Jones (Gallagher), Madueke (Endrick), Havertz, Mount (Sterling), Abraham (Alvarez)

A fair result. I thought we were going to win it in stoppage time as Raheem Sterling was played in on goal but his effort hit the post.

--

SUMMARY

I remain unbeaten as Chelsea manager after another month of fixtures which included some tricky ones. We drew with Spurs away in the league but in the Champions League we beat Barcelona 3-1 which was a highlight along with a 5 goal haul for Julian Alvarez against Middlesbrough in the Carabao Cup.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
NONI MADUEKE
madueke.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
OCT.png

1670178084566.png

NOVEMBER

shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, Porro*, Ahmedhodzic, Martinez (Phillips), Netz, Kovacic, Gallagher (McKennie), Savio (Sterling), Chukwuemeka, Alvarez, Endrick

I fielded my backups and while I am pleased that we got the win I am furious that we conceded 3 goals.

--

city.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James, Stones, Martinez, Chilwell*, Vitinha (Gallagher), Jones (Chukwuemeka), Madueke (Sterling), Havertz, Mount (Alvarez), Abraham

I am overjoyed with this result. We went to Man City and did a number on them. Abraham finished off a fine team move and then missed a sitter before we were awarded a penalty which Mount duly converted. They then battered us but we held on and actually missed a chance or two on the break. A huge result.

--

leicester.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James, Martinez, Fofana, Chilwell (Netz), Vitinha (Kovacic), Jones, Madueke, Havertz, Mount (Sterling), Abraham*

Leicester are in a sorry state at the moment and find themselves in the relegation positions and we piled on the misery here. Abraham was literally involved in everything as he scored 1 and got 3 assists.

--

juventus.png

Lineup
- Bazunu, James (Porro), Stones, Fofana, Chilwell, Vitinha (Gallagher), Jones (Kovacic), Madueke (Savio), Havertz, Mount, Abraham (Endrick)

I would have taken a draw before the match but certainly not after going ahead in the last minute! 2pts thrown away.

--

villa.png

Lineup - Bazunu, James, Stones, Fofana*, Chilwell (Netz), Vitinha, Kovacic (Gallagher), Madueke (Endrick), Havertz, Mount (Sterling), Abraham

Disappointing. I hate Villa and dread having to manage them in the future lol.

--

SUMMARY

Still unbeaten lol.

I am sure a defeat will come eventually but I am happy to keep the run lasting for as long as possible! We are really looking strong and I actually feel that we have another level that we can reach. Having said that we defeated Man City 2-0 away so I should just be content with that lol.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
TAMMY ABRAHAM
ABRAHAM.png

--

PREMIER LEAGUE
NOV.png

This save has ran its course. Having left Benfica for pastures new I am missing Benfica. Normally I start and go club to club but having started with Benfica and left them it has screamed out to me even more that I am a one club save man.

I am considering a couple of teams. Will I do a story? I dunno the story forums arent what they used to be 10 years ago but that is me being an old man waving a stick lol. Who invented streaming? lol

If there is a team that peeps would like to see me do then holler. I have been looking at Eastern European sides having read books about that recently.

I'm a sucker for the one-club saves too, I suppose you've just got to do a save with whatever gives you the most enjoyment. I've got to the point now where I'm just posting about my save and if people read or follow then that's a bonus