UEFA Fair Play Policy

• Thread starter Thread starter Billy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 2K
like i said we arnt as big worldwide as man utd but we have only been known for 5odd years so their is work to do, wages can be slashed easily i.e ballack, joey cole etc. its just another thing were people are happy and jumping on a story that could spell **** for chelsea.

Just to let you know, it's not Chelsea against the world <)

I'm not anti-Chelsea, but I'm talking sensibly, whereas you are not.

This policy will affect Chelsea more so than almost every other club in the division. If you can't see that, then you're deluded beyond belief.
this.

Having read up a bit more about this, there are some loopholes which would allow clubs to bypass certain aspects of this ruling, and UEFA could allow it to happen. Personally, I'm hoping they act upon obvious attempts to get around this and punish those involved. :)

Here is a table of the money earned by each team in the PL last season.
PL-payments-2009-10.jpg

Now, looking at that, it's difficult to understand how clubs get into such dire straits financially.

Spurs made a profit on "ordinary activities" of £33.4M last year, not taking into account player trading. Surprisingly, for a club who are always "over spending and underachieving" we earned a further £56.5M profit on the transfer market. That's a gross profit before tax of £90M.

Chelsea and Manchester United, by comparison, continue to fall further in debt to their owners on a daily basis. The only equally profitable club in the top 3 is Arsenal.

Back