I'd have played a 4-2-3-1 and gone:
---- Van Persie

------ Bale -- Messi -- Ronaldo
--- Toure --- Xavi

------ ? --- Pique -- Silva --- Alves
----
--
- Casillas

with having marcelo and alves in the fb's, its more of an attacking formation. still, im questioning on teh LB, but nvm.

lol people voted to put Bale in Over RVP? :S oO)

They could have moved Messi to the wing and put RVP up front, what has bale done exactly?

Well seeing as they were up for different positions, how has Bale been put in over RVP? This coming from the person who voted Gervinho...Gervinho into the team of the year.

Unbelievable.

Surprised only by Robben to be honest. I voted for VDS, Vidic and Nani only through bias. However I thought Nani did have a better year than Robben.

Well seeing as they were up for different positions, how has Bale been put in over RVP? This coming from the person who voted Gervinho...Gervinho into the team of the year.

Unbelievable.

Gervinho did more in 2011 than Bale done.

1. Gervinho won the French Title
2. Gervinho won the French Cup
3. Gervinho assisted and scored plenty of goals for Lille during thier double winning campaign.

well played Calum :). #FOYS #COYG

and i cba to get stats right, Gervinho got 15 goals and 9 assist (9 assist for hazard too). not bad for a winger, and considering Sow was Beast and got 25 goals

I would have gone Ronaldo left-wing with Rvp up top. Another team of the year without RVP. It's laughable, but I'd rather focus on top-four and signing players than worrying about meaningless awards.