• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 24
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Jean-Luc Dehaene, the chairman of Uefa's financial fair play panel, says he will be questioning Manchester City about their record shirt-and-naming-rights deal.

More...

Could be interesting but are fifa actually going to do something if find any wrong doings?

Cook added that City's recent spending was "not sustainable" but was needed to quickly attain Champions League football.

That part I find interesting. They're spending far too much too quickly and I think it's going to come back and take a huge chunk out of their backside. That's what I think anyway.

Cook added that City's recent spending was "not sustainable" but was needed to quickly attain Champions League football.

That part I find interesting. They're spending far too much too quickly and I think it's going to come back and take a huge chunk out of their backside. That's what I think anyway.
Yep, Cook and Mancini dont see eye to eye as well. Mancini questions how he goes about getting players

Wage bill must be huge am only guessing but have city even offloaded any players? If not they surely gonna be in trouble imo.

Wage bill must be huge am only guessing but have city even offloaded any players? If not they surely gonna be in trouble imo.

Not as far as I know-not even on loan I don't think, unless there's something I've missed. Don't even know if there's been any bids for Tevez.

Not offloaded many. UEFA's real aim isnt just to punish clubs, but to help them get closer to FFPR too. If City show they are making genuine progress they wont get stung

Not offloaded many. UEFA's real aim isnt just to punish clubs, but to help them get closer to FFPR too. If City show they are making genuine progress they wont get stung

The club made a loss of £93m in 2008-09, £121m in 2009-10 and last year's figures, due in September, are expected to be even worse, despite an increase in turnover partly due to a number of lucrative sponsorship deals with other Abu Dhabi-based companies.

Good luck to them on that one lol

Not as far as I know-not even on loan I don't think, unless there's something I've missed. Don't even know if there's been any bids for Tevez.
Well strange not even like trying to get rid of any players,like you said i not heard anyin.

The club made a loss of £93m in 2008-09, £121m in 2009-10 and last year's figures, due in September, are expected to be even worse, despite an increase in turnover partly due to a number of lucrative sponsorship deals with other Abu Dhabi-based companies.

Good luck to them on that one lol

Lol i know, Not sure how they are gonna spin progress. I'll be amazed if losses are under £150m

Lol i know, Not sure how they are gonna spin progress. I'll be amazed if losses are under £150m

If I was a Man City fan I would be concerned about this. If they do get punished, all this spending will have been pretty much for nothing, and the club and fans wil suffer big time. Some Man City fans may see it as picking on them because of all this cash, but they have to realise it's in the best interests of not only the club, but for football in general. The sensible, genuine fans will realise this.

Will be interesting to see how UEFA acts on this. More likely the deal will pass FFP test..

hope uefa do act because if not they will only be making themselves look worse than already are they need to back up what they say!

As discussed before in previous threads, what exactly is UEFA going to do? The Abu-Dhabi based companies they're not allowed to sponsor with as much money as they have? On a smaller scale, I know a lot of companies in Norway sponsor youth teams and aren't exactly expecting any return for the investment in the form of added revenue, but they like putting something back into the community. I know it's not the same, but in principle it is - spending your money how you see fit, not how UEFA says.

sooner or later, their finances will be crushing down, and a new owner might arrive.

POOR CITY

it not that man city have the cash but the revenue they could spend under 5 million a season for 3 years to make sure they okay.

As discussed before in previous threads, what exactly is UEFA going to do? The Abu-Dhabi based companies they're not allowed to sponsor with as much money as they have? On a smaller scale, I know a lot of companies in Norway sponsor youth teams and aren't exactly expecting any return for the investment in the form of added revenue, but they like putting something back into the community. I know it's not the same, but in principle it is - spending your money how you see fit, not how UEFA says.

Abu-dhabi can give them as much money as they like, UEFA can just put the figures into UEFA's accounts so that they're of fair value. So if Etihad think it's a worthwhile investment, they can still spend it how they like. What's the issue with that?

Breakdown of the figures/projected figures for Man City going into FFP:
City-FFP1.jpg

Basically the crux of this whole issue is at which point does UEFA interfere in a free market of sponsorship and tell companies what they can/can not pay a football club. That's the major issue with enforcing these regulations...

Back