Ugly Football 2: the Pablo Bormann story

bigargon

Reaction score
Ok well i got bored managing stoke city and wanted to start a new LLM game:

I created a character: Pablo Bormann.

Pablo is the grandson of a German immigrant who came to the friendly shores of Argentina in 1945. His grandfather and then his father established a successful export business. Pablo didn't wish to join the family business, his love was football. He played in semi-pro leagues as a left back. But family duty called him to join the family business. while traveling aboard on "business" he visited Europe's football stadia. Soon a he had a dream combining his love and knowledge of football, with his reluctantly acquired business skill, and manage a world class football team. When his father passed away in 2010, then then 40 year old Pablo, sold his controling interest in the family business to his elder bother Adolfo, to chase his dream of managing a top flight football squad.

While Pablo was well known in the business world, he was an unknown in the Football world. he confined his search to his native Argentina, England, Germany and Spain. In July of 2010 he got his first job with the newly promoted Coruxo FC of Spanish second divison B1.

This team had all Phantom players, so it was nesicary to recruit an entire sqaud from scratch.

Ok well i got bored managing stoke city and wanted to start a new LLM game:

I created a character: Pablo Bormann.

Pablo is the grandson of a German immigrant who came to the friendly shores of Argentina in 1945. His grandfather and then his father established a successful export business. Pablo didn't wish to join the family business, his love was football. He played in semi-pro leagues as a left back. But family duty called him to join the family business. while traveling aboard on "business" he visited Europe's football stadia. Soon a he had a dream combining his love and knowledge of football, with his reluctantly acquired business skill, and manage a world class football team. When his father passed away in 2010, then then 40 year old Pablo, sold his controling interest in the family business to his elder bother Adolfo, to chase his dream of managing a top flight football squad.

While Pablo was well known in the business world, he was an unknown in the Football world. he confined his search to his native Argentina, England, Germany and Spain. In July of 2010 he got his first job with the newly promoted Coruxo FC of Spanish second divison B1.

This team had all Phantom players, so it was nesicary to recruit an entire sqaud from scratch.

This guy's grandad sounds sneakily like a fleeing **** official. he left germany in 1945 the end of the war. he went to south america, specifically argenina where a lot of **** officials fled to escape charges for war crimes and one of his grandsons is called Adolfo.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is this his grandad?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Bormann

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is this his grandad?

lol... there's a sub-plot to this story already!

Martin Bormann had 10 children, 1 less than a full line-up of 11 players... maybe 'Pablo' was the 'lost player', who was later found on the shores of Argentina!

The prodigal son then comes to Europe to make up for lost time in the 'Bormann XI' of the 1960's!

Anyway, enough of my rambling, a great story, and wish you the best in your new career!

:)

This guy's grandad sounds sneakily like a fleeing **** official. he left germany in 1945 the end of the war. he went to south america, specifically argenina where a lot of **** officials fled to escape charges for war crimes and one of his grandsons is called Adolfo.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

is this his grandad?

Lol, nice story! And nice research madnesstiger, did you just google the guys name or something?

'19-08-11' must take credit for finding the info on Mr Bormann. I just read the article on Wikipedia and made the rest up about there being a family football team! lol!

this looks like it could become a good story. good sub-plot.

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

'19-08-11' must take credit for finding the info on Mr Bormann. I just read the article on Wikipedia and made the rest up about there being a family football team! lol!
thanks. good imagination for making up the rest. on your part.

generally Pablo's family doesn't talk much about the family past except, when "granpa" used to get drunk and talk about the "good old days".

160px-Coruxo_FC.png

Pablo Bormann 2010/2011 season Coruxo FC
this whole squad was a recently promoted "phantom" squad so i had to recruit my entire team. One of the tough things about the lower Spanish leagues is you have to have 6 players under 23, you can only register 22 players on the team to play (in two separate registration windows) and they all must be citizens of the EU. This make getting talent and completing a functioning roster tricky. It also means you get players who are dead weight (to keep a leagl roster) and some player who are just back ups. A lot of the players whine in this league.."El Suko feel he needs more time on the First Team.." messages like that.

All things considered we had a great starting season, predicted to be relegated by the bookies we finished in 9th place .

table11-1.jpg

roster11-1.jpg

It quite tough getting promoted in Spanish B, but easy to get relegated. The quality and budget of teams in this league vary a lot from the bottom to the top of the league
I used a 4-5-1 very much like the one i used with York City. I tweeked my tactics and i feel i have them just where i want them.
My AMC Sebastian Grazzini thrived in this system.

sebastian_Grazzini.jpg

I got a good pick up in mid season, a quality striker Pablo Carnero who scored 6 goals in 13 games.I expect him to be a major force next year.
PabloCa.jpg

My goal for next season is to continue to up grade the team (right wing and midfield can use help) and do well enough to get noticed to get a job in a superior league. i think it is very unlikely i can get this team promoted out of this league.

Last edited:
Fired!!!
well after a good first season at coruxo my team got switched to B4. we had a disastrous season. First i had a number of disgruntled players who felt they weren't get enough playing time. A host of early season injuries, and some new players that under performed. My team went into a out-of control spirial, we had a run of 10 losses. My team who were excellent defenders last year couldn't hold lead so, with 8 games left to the season i was fired. the second season record 6 wins 4 ties 16 losses.

So Pablo fired, tied up his loose ends in Spain (including saying good by to his mistress) and flew back to Argentina hope to get another chance at a managing job

Last edited:
unlucky mate. gutted for you.

you were too good for them anyway.

bury_fc_badge.jpg

Hired!!
After Pablo flew back to Argentina, he started his job search. After many failed applications, he got a job to manage Bury in Coca-Cola 2 league. The problem is Bury is buried alive in debt ( i'm an American so i converted to pounds for this mostly UK forum), 318k pounds, and a 650k pound bank loan that doesn't get paid off until 2036 (eeekkk). So it hack and slash and looking for free transfers, loaner players and bargin hunting. I did have a reputation at Coruxo have having a very tight budget, I think that got me the job at Bury. so I need to try to keep this team financially solvent and out of relegation (i sellected CC2 as the lowest english league in this game, so i get relegated, i get fired.) A do well enough to get a better job down the line.

2011/2012 season
Well overall i had a decent season with Bury we won 18 tied 15 and lost 13, finishing in 9th place. This was tricky because I had a small budget. So i i had to loan, loan, loan... Lon term loans, three month loans anything to keep the team going.
tranfer12.jpg

so with my patch work team we were able to pull off a 9th place finish and missed promotion playoffs by two points. My budget is in bad shape (negative 572K pounds, or 859K dollars) so i have to be very careful next season to avoid receivership. IF i get a good job offer i will likely jump ship.

Here is my team
team12.jpg

of course minus my many short term loans. Andy Bishop by far was my best player scoring 21 goals and 10 assists. I also picked up a good Belgian left back Richie De Laet.

here is league table.
table12.jpg

So for next season it will be loan loan loan...try to keep my team out of receivership...and maybe get a job with a more financially stable team.

I am going to take a short brake my pablo Bormann game to join in on FM-base July Challenge Hong Kong league : happy valley

Finished with the July Happy Valley challenge, so back to Pablo and Bury.....

One late night while Pablo is searching through his scouting reports and the internet, trying to find loan players to field a decent team despite a tight fisted Bury board, he recieved this e-mail....

My dear Brother,
I am writing to you about your son Juan. The Police found him in possession of a large quantity of Coca.Juan it seems has had this problem for sometime now, i even found out he tried to sell some of our "family heirlooms" on Ebay. fortunate Ebay does not allow those type of items sold on their website. I used the pull our family has to change the original with intent to sell to a possession charge. Luckily our our old family friend Cluber los Santos was the judge. I got him to agree that Juan would be sent to rehab.I also convinced Judge Cluber that Juan would be best off being with you in England away from the hoodlums he has surrounded himself with.

So he is going to a Rehab in London (i sent one of the company's security guards to keep him out of trouble until he gets there.) After he gets out he will stay with you, everything is taken care Visa, plane tickets.
maybe you can find job in England for him, he did play football in high school maybe he can play on your team, or be your assistant. Just keep an eye on him.

While you continue on this adolescent fantasy of managing a football team I am upholding our family honor, but you need to take responibilty for your degenerate son.I did not tell you earlier because i know you would not listen to me, and do what is right, and take care of your son. Your wife was so disraught he went to the a ski resort in Bariloche to calm her nerves. She said she will write you when she returns. Your other children are doing well.

Remember your family comes first,
your devoted brother,
Adolfo

Pablo was shocked...great run a team and deal with Juan... Juanito never listen to him he wouldn't now...what would he say to his new mistress Sandra Breastworth?...like managing a near bankrupt team was enough.

2013/2014 promoted to L1!
Bury had a great season we finished in 3rd place in the coca-cola 2. I basically used a Frankenstein squad with a lot of loaned players and a lot of 3 month loans. Still we kicked ****. We had a 21 game unbeaten streak, and lead the league in offense with 82 goals. Bury is still in money trouble going 1.22M USD (730K GBP) in the hole. I am hoping that some league 1 tv revenue and sponsorship will help improve things. the problem will be the higher L1 payrolls and if will Bury's inept board be able to deal with it? there are some German teams interested in Pablo so he might jump ship if it the right job. Have one more year under contract for Bury. Likely Pablo will not renew.

team14.jpg

<table class="XEtbl_sub" width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="XEenlarge" valign="top" align="center">
</td> <td class="XEenlarge" width="45%" align="left">
</td></tr></tbody></table>
table14.jpg

Last edited: