Beef1987

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm currently playing as Shakhtar Donetsk and need some clarification on the leagues foreign player rule.
As it stands I am allowed 7 foreign players in my starting 11, but I hear that it goes down to something like 4-5 in the 2nd season. So, is this true or have i got nothing to worry about??

If its true could you guys recommend some Ukrainian talent I can bring in please?

Thank you.

P.s I have already signed Kryvtsov, and Milevskyi chose Lyon over me :(

Yes the foreign limit goes down to 5.
Here are some very very good Ukrainians.You can check them out in my story as well. ;)

Eugene Opanasenko (CB)
Eugene Khacheridi (CB)
Volodymyr Arzhanov (AMC)
Roman Bezus (ST)
Eugene Seleznyov (ST)
Vladimir Koman (AML/R/C) [Half Hungarian-Half Ukrainian]
Taras Stepanenko (MC)
Kyrylo Petrov (MC)
Artur Kas'kov (ST) Can be retrained as AMC-Trequartista
Andriy Yarmolenko (AML/ST)
Marko Devic (AMR/L)

Also players like Rodrigo (Dinamo Kiev CB) and Ayila Yussuf (CB) attain Ukraine Citizenship

And you already have good Ukrainians like Gladkyi,Pyatov,Rakitskyi.
Keep hold of Srna and Razvan Rat as they attain Ukraine Citizenship

Thanks a lot hellroker thats a massive help :D

I've added all you're recommendations to my shortlist and will look to sign a few during the next transfer window. Also nice to know Srna and Rat gain citizenship.

I'm also going to make a cheeky bid for Schevchenko, doubt he will join though lol.

I'm starting to enjoy the Ukrainian league, and it looks like it will become more of a challenge in the 2nd season :)

I will take a look at you're story shortly too ;)

Thanks a lot hellroker thats a massive help :D

I've added all you're recommendations to my shortlist and will look to sign a few during the next transfer window. Also nice to know Srna and Rat gain citizenship.

I'm also going to make a cheeky bid for Schevchenko, doubt he will join though lol.

I'm starting to enjoy the Ukrainian league, and it looks like it will become more of a challenge in the 2nd season :)

I will take a look at you're story shortly too ;)

Hehe your welcome,don't sign Shevchenko as he won't be needed ;) Gladkyi and Bezus/Seleznyov are a solid strike partnership. Also Eugene Khacheridi which I recommended is a solid player.Scores loads from corners.Just make him stand on far post and have your corner taker to strike it at the far post.Also make the other centre defender and one of your players with high strength attribute challenge keeper :)

Cheers for all the recommendations guys....much more helpful than a forum I used to post on lol !

I've got Kas'kov, Seleznyov, and Yarmolenko joining me in 2 months time :D

Do you know of any good Ukrainian GK's (maybe a youngster for backup) ??

Cheers for all the recommendations guys....much more helpful than a forum I used to post on lol !

I've got Kas'kov, Seleznyov, and Yarmolenko joining me in 2 months time :D

Do you know of any good Ukrainian GK's (maybe a youngster for backup) ??

Maxym Koval. But Khudzamov is decent enough as backup.

Yeah but there is many clubs interested in Khudzmanov which means he is unsettled and wants to leave. I'm getting a 3 match report card on Maxym Koval anyway, he looks really promising :D

Im with Mentalist in Ukraine, halfway through my second season in FM10 (seventh season into my game) and Valeriy Fedorchuk is a quality player. Also signed Denys Vasin for £7.5m and he is a goal a game striker. Bogdan Shershun is a decent centre half who you will get reasonably cheap I think. Eugene Galchuk is a decent keeper.
By the time I started in Ukraine its only five foreigners on the field and as many as you like in the squad. Really hindering me as the top Ukrainians dont want to leave Shaktar or kiev to come to me so Im having to bring in expensive foreigners, but can only play five. Still, in fourth at the halfway stage so were getting there.....