Ultimate mind game against Mourinho

jakem016

Reaction score
As a Barcelona fan who usually manages in La Liga with mid/low level first division teams, I enjoy continually antagonizing Mourinho. Regardless of what happens, I make a point to randomly make negative comments about him in the press like: "I don't think this profession suits Mourinho". Anyway, I'm currently managing both Betis and the Spanish NT and I was curious what would happen if I offered him the U-23 job (the Olympics aren't even for 2 years). Well, surprisingly, he accepted the role and stepped down as Madrid coach. I then, immediately proceeded to fire him from his position and deny that I was interested in the Madrid job. Anyway, does anyone have a better mind game result?

Last edited:
Apparently The Special One now has a poor opinion of me and is satisfied with life despite the most embarrassing professional mistake in the history of professional football...

LOL, you're a cruel one. But that's just hilarious. Even though Mourinho is my favourite manager of all time :D

Wow, cruel but I would certainly do that to Benitez

haha i despice mourinho that sounds like fun hope he retires lol

Hilarious, I might try that on people in the future. The especially silly one is his new title.

I love the fact that going from offer, to acceptance, to leaving Madrid, to being fired, all took less than 1 day according to the email list!

In my Betis save, Real became 6th behind my team and they immediately fired Mourinho. What a special (one) moment.

It was a tough year for Mourinho. First, he blew a 6 point lead with 2 games left in the season to tie with me for first place, but lost the head-to-head tiebreaker due to suffering a manita to me (in the 2nd to last game of the season no less). Then, I beat him 2-0 this season and he spoke out negatively against me in the press. Finally, well, this happened. He'll think twice about trying to play mind games with me in the future.

I would love to do that, but to Guardiola :p

But if you can have both jobs (club and national), why can't other coaches? Bug

I really enjoyed the fact that this all happened in less than 24 hours and he has absolutely no recourse. Each decision was final and there's no going back (I tried to offer him a scouting position). Perhaps most importantly, I've destabilized Madrid's entire season (I find it hilarious that their interim coach has them playing a 4-4-2 now with Ronaldo as LM). I really think this is my greatest FM accomplishment of all time.