Amadeus91

Reaction score
So, after 2 years in FM14 I've installed FM16 and decided to make my own tactic. And here it is!

Having started with a thought of remaking Barca's 4-1-2-3 I found out myself creating something completely new. In my eyes it looks like 2-3-2-3, but FM calls it 4-1-2-3-0 WB DM Wide. Anyway, here are the basic principles of making this tactic.

1) GK - Sweeper Keeper - Support. Nobody can play alike Manuel Neuer, but why we shouldn't even try? Not many forwards try to lob the keeper, so it can be useful.

2) 2 CBs - Ball-playing defender - Blocking. Let's meet opponent's forwards as far from our keeper as we can.

3) 2 WBs - Complete wingback - Attack. Crosses, crosses and crosses. And defending. This is my favourite type of sideback and it's really working with appropriate instructions. Try it.

4) DM - Roaming playmaker - Support. In FM16 you can hardly find an appropriate player, so think about retraining your DM to this role. With sweeping all trash in front of the backline, he searches for opportunities to get the ball from defenders and distibute it to attackers. Very useful to hold control on the ball.

5) 2 CMs - Roaming playmaker - Support. Instead of thinking about straight or curved ways to score, let's confuse opposing midfield so that they couldn't tell what you're going to do and what player at your disposal is responsible for creative moves. Feels so Barcelonish, don't you think?)

6) Left and right attacking midfielders - Raumdeuter - Attack. Like Roaming playmaker, it's a hard role to fill in starting 11. But it IS the most effective attacking midfielder role. In fact, thinking of Barca's tactic you can see that Messi and Neymar are not straight-forward inside-forwards. In my save the most popular goal (we scored 100 in a season in Vanarama North) was a poacher from raumdeuter closing the cross of an opposite-flank wingback from deep. Really astonishing.

7) AMC - Shadow Striker - Attack. Natural second-tempo-finisher. You can't ask for more having two 5-star raumdeuters. He will fix their mistakes surely.

8) Forwards - 0. Do you really need men waiting for ball somewhere in offside and not working in defence? I don't.

Team and individual instructions are inside the tactic, ask if you don't understand why I use them.

Training:
Team - start with team cohesion, prematch - tactic. When your players get familiar with tactic, set training to ball control, prematch - attack.
Individual - tactical roles. Additional training by the advice of your assistant.

Set-pieces - in the archive. If you want, you can edit them. I don't pay much attention to it, 'cause my players are able to score by game combinations.

Results I'll post later in the thread of manager stories.

Questions are welcomed! :)