Ultra defensive tactics....Inter style lol

SuperDude

Banned
Reaction score
Having watched the incredible 4-6-0 formation of Inter against Barca on Wednseday, a level of defensive play that I have never seen before, I was inspired to see if it would work on FM. As a coincidence I am actually managing Inter, so I decided to try the following tactics in a CL match against Chelsea:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I thought the most I could hope for with these tactics was a 0-0, however Maicon scored an incredible goal where he started in his own half and dribbled all the way into chelsea penalty area before scoring. I will see if I can upload the video some how. You can see from the match stats that I only had one shot at goal, which proved to be the winning goal, where-as Chelsea had 45 shots lol.

Obviously you need quality defenders and defensive midfielders along with a strong goalkeeper for these tactics to work against good teams, Julio Cesar was man of the match here, making countless saves. I only tried it for a laugh but it worked so maybe it is a legitimate way of getting a result away from home lol, has anyone else tried tactics like this?

lol really lucky 1 shot 1 goal nice:L

I would suggest you do more experiments with these tactics before uploading them.Just getting a 1-0 result over Chelsea isn't enough to convince that these are good,solid tactics.

I would suggest you do more experiments with these tactics before uploading them.Just getting a 1-0 result over Chelsea isn't enough to convince that these are good,solid tactics.

Yeah I understand your point, but to fair if it can work against Chelsea then it should work against most teams. Chelsea are the most difficult team to use these tactics against because they have players like Lampard and Ballack who can rattle in a shot from distance, so I see no reason why it can't work against most teams.

45 shots on goal by Chelsea.

Rofl.

Thing is, who in the name of god would have the patience to watch this on the key oO)

Thing is, who in the name of god would have the patience to watch this on the key oO)

Yeah it does make for a very long highlights reel, but its all about getting the result at the end of the day hehe :D

So,this is a more 'park the bus' tactic?

Yep, its just about crowding the penalty box with so many defenders and combative midfielders that the opposition just can't find a way through. Its pretty much impossible for the opposition to score from a header with all those centre backs, its also very difficult for them to score a long shot with 3 defensive midfielders. Its all about parking the bus and holding on for dear life :D

You can't judge the tactic one 1 game. Chelsea could have had a off game? Play a season see how you get on.

Maybe I should have done this when 1-0 up v Lyon as Toulouse in the EURO cup quarter final before they scored in the 86th minute or somat like that

Maybe I should have done this when 1-0 up v Lyon as Toulouse in the EURO cup quarter final before they scored in the 86th minute or somat like that

Yeah its ideal for holding on to a 1-0 scoreline, you can have this tactic saved and just select it when u need it during matches.

Having watched the incredible 4-6-0 formation of Inter against Barca on Wednseday, a level of defensive play that I have never seen before,

it has been done before by rangers to barelona 10-0-0 WE PARKED THE BUS and numerous players on the line.... they tried everything to get by us, out defenders were rippled by the end, we got a 0-0 result

they were so ****** messi told the press we played "anti-football" we did it all the way to the eufa up final we had like 6 draws in 7 games haha, did the same in fiorentina in italy with a reserve team. got another draw and won on penalties :p.... those were the days :L

on topic try it out a little more if it works ill give it a shot!

Having watched the incredible 4-6-0 formation of Inter against Barca on Wednseday, a level of defensive play that I have never seen before,

it has been done before by rangers to barelona 10-0-0 WE PARKED THE BUS and numerous players on the line.... they tried everything to get by us, out defenders were rippled by the end, we got a 0-0 result

they were so ****** messi told the press we played "anti-football" we did it all the way to the eufa up final we had like 6 draws in 7 games haha, did the same in fiorentina in italy with a reserve team. got another draw and won on penalties :p.... those were the days :L

on topic try it out a little more if it works ill give it a shot!

lol I remember after Rangers Uefa Cup semi the Fiorentina manager was really angry, I didn't see the Barca Rangers game you are talking about, I will try to find highlights of it.

Also didn't Inter stand off the Barca players?

unbelivable tactic - but i doesn't work well tbh

Here is what mourinho's line up was at the start:
barcainter1.jpg

Barcelona reverted to their ‘traditional’ 4-3-3 they had persisted with until recently, with a midfield trio of Busquets-Keita-Xavi, Yaya Toure in defence, and Gabriel Milito surprisingly pushed out to left-back. Pedro Rodriguez stayed wide-left, Lionel Messi cut in from the right, Zlatan Ibrahimovic was the striker.

Inter’s line-up initially looked to be unchanged from the first leg, but a change after the warm-ups saw Cristian Chivu replacing Goran Pandev – a surprise given the nature of the switch, but one predicted in ZM’s preview. They played a lopsided 4-2-3-1, with Samuel Eto’o high up on the right-hand side, and Christian Chivu playing in front of Javier Zanetti, blocking the runs forward of Dani Alves.

Then after motta got sent off this how it looked
barcainter2.jpg

The result was a 4-5-0 where Wesley Sneijder was generally the furthest forward player, rather than the two strikers who often found themselves defending deep in their own full-back zones. In this respect, Inter were not controlling the ball, but they were still controlling the space. The two lines of four covered the width of the pitch on the edge of Inter’s area, but Sneijder’s presence ahead of those lines made it slightly more difficult for Barca to create in that deep-lying, central position. Xavi and Busquets still dominated the ball, of course, but they were forced to shift it wide to Alves (who had a poor game) or Gabriel Milito, who was not comfortable on the ball.

*Zonalmarking

So im trying to adapt a tactic like you just for trying holdin on to a result etc